• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Sc2] Desert Map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is what I've made through some random periods of boredom where I had really nothing to do, I like the outcome, and this time I am even going to upload the map for those who have Sc2 to have a look, seeing as the entire map is terrained, and is partially playable, with some tweaks.

Hope you like it ^^

Attachments

• Timekiller 1.jpg
    Timekiller 1.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 427
  • Timekiller 3.jpg
    Timekiller 3.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 371
  • Timekiller 4.jpg
    Timekiller 4.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Timekiller 5.jpg
    Timekiller 5.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Timekiller 6.jpg
    Timekiller 6.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 345
  • Timekiller 7.jpg
    Timekiller 7.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Timekiller.SC2Map
    363.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Timekiller 2.jpg
    Timekiller 2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 382
Level 12
@~Void~: This

On Topic: Pretty good. I like the lighting, and your doodad placement is spot-on. Some of the models, particularly the trees, are just plain ugly, but that's not your fault. Most of the pictures lack an actual focus, but then again, they're not the of the sort which tend to require focuses. In all, it looks like a really good background, which, considering that it's semi-playable, fits.

On the whole, this is pretty good.

I love the lighting. I'll be honest though. It didn't rock my world or anything. It's one of the better sets of shots I've seen, though I've only looked at a few. (and pretty much everything looks good in Sc2, after seeing crappy Wc3 terrain for 5 years)

This :]

It has some atmosphere, due to the lighting, but that's all. I haven't seen many SC2 terrains, yet they most likely look the same. Lighting is what renders the discrimination. Although you really are good at it, the environment itself seems kinda dull. Good job, nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.