• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first terrain. Please enjoy and comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, been registered here for sometime. However, I was busy with other stuff so...did not online much.

This is my first terrain. Please comment and give suggestion. Thank you.

Information regarding the terrain

I based this picture on Barren which was hit by "The Cataclysm". Which causes the Barren weather to sudden changes. The Night elf seize this advantage to retake Barren and have send their scouts for more information.

Attachments

• A bloody night.png
    A bloody night.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 219

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
This is really good for a first terrain. The concept is fairly interesting and those rock formations are spectacular for a first attempt. A few things springs to mind that you could do better. For example the end of the world is vissible between two of the trees to the left. Just a hint over that cenatur totem. Just makes the background seem a tad bit flat. Place a covering tree behind it or increast the height into a hill, anything to cover that up. Furthermore I don't really get two matters. What is that white light springing from the archway? Where does that rope bridge lead to, appears it's heading straight for the middle of those rocks.
Regardless, I'd say this is a really neat first attempt.

Level 3
This is really good for a first terrain. The concept is fairly interesting and those rock formations are spectacular for a first attempt. A few things springs to mind that you could do better. For example the end of the world is vissible between two of the trees to the left. Just a hint over that cenatur totem. Just makes the background seem a tad bit flat. Place a covering tree behind it or increast the height into a hill, anything to cover that up. Furthermore I don't really get two matters. What is that white light springing from the archway? Where does that rope bridge lead to, appears it's heading straight for the middle of those rocks.
Regardless, I'd say this is a really neat first attempt.

Thank you very much for the suggestion and points out of my mistake. Regarding to some of your question, the white light springing from the archway is the entrance to ashenvale which i always imagine it as mystic nature. As for the rope bridge, it is linked to another tower which.. my front tree just blocked it...ah and lastly.. thanks for pointing out my the trees problem. Would fix it soon. Thank you very much. :D

Level 6
Good work! Is this really your first attempt...?
Maybe you should change the grass model (or the size of the used one), it looks too stretched.
Also the light thing is irritating, but seems to be part of your concept.
And maybe you could lower the bones a bit into the ground.
Keep it up, want to see more!

Level 3
This is a updated of my terrain. Hmm i hope it is better. I have added some clouds to make it more realistic and added a *Grim* Sun to make it look more "Catacylsm" feeling. I hope i have covered up the "The end of the world" problem.

I have also added some birdies.. haha.. i hope you can notice them. (It is quite near the trees) Maybe not really noticeable..

As for the bones, the reason for it to be that big and not that 'Flat' is that it is the remains of creature such as Kodo (They are quite huge and native to Barren) which some part of their decomposed skin/flesh may had left behlind.

Thank you all for reading.

Attachments

• A bloody night2.png
    A bloody night2.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.