• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Very first terrain ~ Please comment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
WC3Terraining1.jpg

Please comment, this was my very first terrain, and done at 5:00 AM on a school morning. F***. I need to go to bed

Level 24
Ok well it looks nice for a first try. Maybe a few more environmental doodads though, and perhaps you should use the dirt and rough dirt tilesets for a road going though the river and up the hill, because it just seams to me like there just should be a road there.

Also some animals would add to the terrain, so just a couple of random animals somewhere in the terrain I think would make it look better. Also the middle of the screenshot looks a bit blank, try adding some rocks and other things to it.

Level 25
The fog and sky don't blend with each other. I think that either the sky should be changed or the fog should be applied to the sky. Those are the two major things to fix that issue.

I think there should be more shrubbery and rocks around the forest and river as well.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I think you have pretty good tile variation. I would add more to the river, and as Void said add doodads around the trees, and in the front of the screen.

Level 25
Agreed. The tile variation is very good. But... I think the leaves tiles should be more places where trees are placed rather than in the open. Although it looks good in the open here and there; as long as you don't place a lot of it bundled together in open areas, it's fine.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.