• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northian Necromancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Northians And their World

Hey, I'm Keiji, those who hang out in the Terrain section might know me ;P

So, im making this AoS map, which is based on a story Im currently wirting, and the map has different races, but one in particulare is hard to make with the warcraft models, its like Viking looking polar bears called Northian, they normally got much longer body hair than a normal bear and so on. But my request is if someone can make me a "Furbolg Tracker" you know the black furbolg, with some skulls hanging around and make it look like a Necromancer.

I would love it if someone wanna make the model, and ofc, Ill give rep :D

And it would own if someone could do something with his back too, cause it look wierd, maybe add a claok or something? And ofc, would be nice with hero glow in him :)

Attachments

• Furbolg tracker.jpg
    Furbolg tracker.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Seems simple enough.Heres how I'd do it:
Do some geomerging (MK skulls) to make a necklace for it, give it something to hold scrolls with (pouch) and then get Gul'Dan's staves (hornless skulls on sticks in backpack) and turn it into a Necromancer-style helmet, then get some particle emitters around the eyes, colored black.

Work on Notepad to turn an extra 'Decay' anim into a Dissipate anim.

Incase anyone wants to try it THAT way and get it done before I do.

Level 36
What is this, a challange to see who gets to help me first? xD No, seriously, I'm glad to see this response, i really apretiate it :D:D:D

Btw,be carefull about making him too guldanish, cause i allready use that model for the counterpart necromancer "Nomad Necromancer". That is on the oposite team :p

Level 23
lol competition? No. I am just trying to get my panda skin finaliezed and after that is done, I have almost nothing to do. So, I need to learn the vertex modifier and this is the perfect opertunity. Doesn't mean mine will be any good, but I can improve it. (And perhaps find a way to finish 2 of my models)

Level 23
lol. but this is a request. And I don't have all the time in the world to completly focus on this. I am working quickly but at my own pace. Good luck everyone. lol

FIRST UPDATE!!! :D I gave him a helmet. :3 Tell me what you think. And Yes, I will give him shoulderpads and he such.
NecroFurbolg.jpg

Last edited:
Level 23
ok. thanks. I'll have you check for bugs. :p But the holes are there. It's just the angle that makes the black show up. He has fiery eyes now. But the way I have the fire set up makes it look like it is coming in and out of his pupil! :D If I knew how to make a gif image, I would sho you. lol IT IS AWESOME!

If (when) you looks at it, put it on stand to see what I'm talking about. :p

Level 23
Actually I didn't forget. lol. I was strarting to add on to him. But I guess this would be a good time to upload him anyway. Here you can check for bugs:

It's in mdl format. Hope it doesn't screw anything up that way. :p

Attachments

• Necromancerbear_eyes2.mdl
    565.2 KB · Views: 101
Level 49
Yea. there was a few bugs, fixed now. the MDL format is used for fixing death\decay anims and such, mdx is the one used to play it in game. please post the mdl and mdx after each update, so i can fix bugs BEFORE they screw up the model completely.

Attachments

• Necromancerbear_eyes2.mdx
    186.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Necromancerbear_eyes2.mdl
    576.7 KB · Views: 63
Level 36
Heres a pic of the model, i wonder about something though, as you can see on the pic there is some extra pelt sticking out from his shoulders as well as something odd with his legs, is that on purpose? Also the helm looks a bit odd... o0

Appart from that, it is comming along well; and is indeed up for the competition of which is going to be used and i really like the particles at spell animation ^^

Attachments

• Odd northian.jpg
    Odd northian.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.