• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northian Frost Caller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Intro:

Hello, im Keiji, known for terraining.

Project:

Actually it has not been made yet, cause of the lack of models needed for this, but i plan on making a champaign for a race i like to call "Northians", which is polar bears living in the harsh north of Orientia.

Request:

The request is about a model, well, actually its THE model :p Anyways, the model would be prefered if it was made frim buttom to topp, with a sort of spear/sabre weapon. But if there is no1 who wish to do this, then i want to request to make it out from the Polar Furbolg Shaman model, with some special spesifics:

- A new helmet, little Viking looking.

- Some shoulders, prefered something like metal spikey something.

- new claw weapons, though i CAN import claw weapons so this is not a MUST.

- Some sort of "War kilt" though i dont really want it to be closed, something like the orc shaman model's kilt :p

- and some armor which has some metal chains here and there, and some cloths here and there.

- Hero Glow.

The point is, hes part mage part warrrior, so i dont want him to look to warriorish but not to mageish either :p

Name: Skarn Stonefist (Northian Frost Caller)

Type: Warrior/mage/Shamanish

Details: I think ive made the point clear :p

Images: 2: one of the model, and one poor drawing of somewhat how i want the model, though your completely free to choose yourself how to make it.

Attachments

• Picture 0000.jpg
    Picture 0000.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 255
  • Northian Caller.jpg
    Northian Caller.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 268
Level 48
Oh, can i do him without the whole armor thingy? or give him someones armor? wait, do you know a unit in wc3 that got that type of armor? if you do, please tell me.

EDIT: Just noticed u need a kilt. OMG, Scottish Furbolg? :xxd:

EDIT 2: W.I.P. pictures! only shoulders and helm for now, im working on armor.

Attachments

• Northian W.I.P..jpg
    Northian W.I.P..jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Northian W.I.P. 2.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Northian W.I.P. 3.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 3.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Northian W.I.P. 4.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 4.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Level 48
New W.I.P.

New W.I.P pictures! now i (think) i done armor! i double posted because its a W.I.P, and i already have a W.I.P up there

There is only one problem: the death anim is VERY bad... i added the mdx so you can look at it in magos.

Attachments

• Northian W.I.P. 5.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 5.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Northian W.I.P. 6.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 6.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Northian W.I.P. 7.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 7.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 130
  • NorthianFrostMage3.mdx
    173.5 KB · Views: 77
Level 36
hehe, well, i dont got magos. But its comming along great, though i really think you should custom do the texture on the stuff making in look more vikingish, or something, and for the kilt, i didnt MEAN kilt, but some sort of robe over the legs, cause i think that part looks ugly, but back to the point, i would like it for you to do it with its own custom texture, no matter the size, but you decide, but really, it got this orcish look that i dont like that much, but ill wait and see for the final result ^^ Not that i dont like it or anything though :p

Level 36
Nice Cavman, and it looks better in the WE than i thought it would, so thanks to both of you, still its not finished, i hope? :p

And dont forget to at least considre the re-texture part cause it would look 10 times better, and the filiesize wont matter cause its for a champaign not a battlenet map ^^

Level 48
Oh, please... the only custom textures i know to do is Cn'P+ Hue And Saturation. But, i gont an idea: IF nastyboy will agree, he can make the texrue... but if you want the WHOLE model to be textured, it will be 6 skins because you will have to skin the orc marine, that furbolg, Arthas1(cinematic arthas), and more... anywas, i almost done the kilt, even that this isn't moving which the legs, because if it will move, it will look FrEaKy.

EDIT: More WIP's! i done the skirt, but i need someone(please cavman!) to fix the anims: the skirt has an special bone(the bone for hero glows), but it look weird... can someone fix that please?

Attachments

• Northian W.I.P. 10.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 10.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 108
  • NorthianViking2.mdl
    518.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Northian W.I.P. 11.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 11.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Northian W.I.P. 9.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 9.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Northian W.I.P. 8.jpg
    Northian W.I.P. 8.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Level 36
yeah so, you dont need to do anything with the furbolg hiself, its only i think the armor as it looks now makes him look like barbarian from the desert or something orcish, and not vikinish.

HES COMMING ALONG NICE ! ! ! HAPPEY NOW?! :p

Last edited:
Level 48
W.I.P's !

New W.I.P.'s! i done the claws! it the magnataurs tusks... i think it fits PERFECTLY. i recorded the animations on HyperCam Unregistered and found the image quality of that program sucks, but nvm. Oh, and i HIGHLY suggest u will check that model in-game/in-magos.

Attachments

• NorthianW.I.P.0001.avi
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • NorthianMagnataurHunter2.mdx
    182.5 KB · Views: 70
  • NorthianW.I.P.0002.avi
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • NorthianW.I.P.0003.avi
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • NorthianW.I.P.0004.avi
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • NorthianW.I.P.0005.avi
    3 MB · Views: 39
  • NorthianW.I.P.0006.avi
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • NorthianW.I.P.0007.avi
    361.9 KB · Views: 112
  • NorthianW.I.P.0008.avi
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Level 36
Can you guys stop ditching MY request for your own project! :p

And btw, its looking awesome! Only thing now is to get a hero glow, and if you got some other ideas that would be nice, and some retexture on the shoulder and helmet, also, he needs a portrait and it would be nice if you made some frost particles at his arms while doing spells or something, else it looks great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.