• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Star Trek - Universe

What should be added? / Favorite species?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Star Trek - Universe (BETA)

Download the latest version here

Basics:

The basics of the game are simple. You start out simply by typing
"-[species option here]'
There species you may type here are eithor:
Federation
Klingon
Romulan
So an example would be:
I type -Federation at the start and get 3 builders like so:
picture7pt7.png

Now that I have these Shuttle Classes, It is importand to learn how buildings work. There are two building (Space Dock and Drydock) that may simply be built. But in order to get metal and crew
picture5vn4.png

you need to capture planets with shuttle from the capture planet ability.
picture6sl4.png

(The one on the bottom right)
There is Six types of planets (As of update 4):

Class M:
picture1in1.png

Found in a star's "habitable zone." They have atmospheres that contain oxygen and nitrogen. Water and life-forms are typically abundant. If water covers more than 97% of the surface, then they are considered class N. Gives the player owning this planet 400 metal and 60 men a turn.

Class N:
(The most similar the Class M)
picture2py7.png

Found in a star's "habitable zone." They have atmospheres that contain oxygen and nitrogen. Water and life-forms are typically abundant. If water covers less than 97% of the surface, then they are considered class M. Gives the player owning this planet 200 metal and 50 men a turn.

Class K:
picture3bw9.png

(new)
picture3kq9.png

Usually found in a star's "habitable zone." They are adaptable for humanoid colonization through the use of pressure domes and other life support devices. They have thin atmospheres. Small amounts of water are present. Gives the player owning this planet 250 metal and 34 men a turn.

Class D:
picture4fu7.png

Usually have a molten surface because they have been recently formed. The atmosphere contains many hydrogen compounds and reactive gases. Class D planets eventually cool, becoming Class M or N. Gives the player owning this planet 80 metal and 8 men a turn.

(ADDED AS OF UPDATE 4:)
Class A:
(Worth like... nothing...)
picture2bb4.png

Usually found in a star's outer or "cold zone." They have high core temperatures causing them to radiate heat. Low stellar radiation and high planet gravity enables them to keep a tenuous surface comprised of gaseous hydrogen and hydrogen compounds. Gives the player owning this planet 13 metal and 17 men a turn.

Class I:
picture1jm7.png

Planetary bodies of this class can be found in any of a star's zones. They are usually found in orbit of larger planets or in asteriod fields. They have no atmospheres. Their surfaces are barren and cratered. Gives the player owning this planet 295 metal and 43 men a turn.
(/End of Update 4:)

Threat Levels:
Threat levels are simple. They work together with the year.
picture5vn4.png

In order to move on in the time frame, you need to upgrade your threat level. The threat levels are:
HIGH
MED
LOW
You may upgrade your threat level from your Drydock. Ships have different threat levels.

The Badlands:
The badlands are a seperator from the Alpha and the delta. The alpha quadrent players get less money while the Delta quadrent players get more starting money. The badlands will suck ships strait to the delta quadrent.

Other:
Importand Spells
There are a few importand spells. There are shields (greatly increase health)
should be activated after the ship is build, or before going into battle. Another importand spell is torpedo, which automatically fire, but some ships have quantum torpedos as well, so only one of the may fire. Some species have bonus abilities to such as cloak added to some ships.

This is an altered melee map with 2-7 players. It is set up in FFA mode, but alliences may be made.

Yes, there is one other team. THE BORG. Only one player may be the borg. the borg have no upgrade and may even turn enemy ships into more borg ships. no more information shall be given out about the borg at this time.

Credits:
I will have to agnoledge the following modelers:
Elunes-Guardian
Trollschnitzel
RightField
CrazyOPOSSUM
and
WILLTHEALMIGHTY

Also the web site http://www.st-intelligence.com/ gave me just about all of my balencing information.

UPDATE 1:
picture1hz4.png

Look at some of the new terrain! yes, I made more variety to the stars and added nebulas!
picture2xb9.png

But wait, whats this? I...i...is that a black hole?
picture3in6.png

Yes it is, you can look, but keep your ships FAR far away.

UPDATE 2:
Small update, I just changed the badlands from what they were (Suckylands) to the badlands.
picture2ev9.png

UPDATE 3:
I have added 4 different types of orbital space defences for each team!
picture1ha7.png

UPDATE 4:
Added:
"Class A:
(Worth like... nothing...)
picture2bb4.png

Usually found in a star's outer or "cold zone." They have high core temperatures causing them to radiate heat. Low stellar radiation and high planet gravity enables them to keep a tenuous surface comprised of gaseous hydrogen and hydrogen compounds. Gives the player owning this planet 13 metal and 17 men a turn.

Class I:
picture1jm7.png

Planetary bodies of this class can be found in any of a star's zones. They are usually found in orbit of larger planets or in asteriod fields. They have no atmospheres. Their surfaces are barren and cratered. Gives the player owning this planet 295 metal and 43 men a turn."
Also added MUCH better graphics thanks to PurplePoot:
Looky at teh new mars!
picture3kq9.png

Looky at my new Icons that reduced size from 4 MB to 2.6 MB:
picture1nk6.png

Also, the major lag issure that blac hole brought about is fixed. All thanks to PurplePoot.

UPDATE 5:

I have fixed the towers.

UPDATE 6:
HUGE update! I have simply resized the map (I put the camera to normal distance, and made everything 3.5 times smaller, including movement speed). I have also realistically placed the planets in convent solar systems. I even added a joke in for those who look for glitches in the game. But... I have apparently not fixed the towers, and I just can't see why they don't fire. I will require help for that. This new version is the best update since the first version came out!

UPDATE 7:
version 0.94
Now, with renewed efforts (I watched more trek, again. This was all started because I watched all voyagers in a month) I have continued to make this game. In the update, I have done two things:
1) Changed the nebula model.
picture4ja0.png

2) Made all phasers turrets. If I'm correct, this should fix the tower problem as well.

-Supermj

Last edited:
Level 3
Hi Supermj,
the map itself is okay, but unfortunately nothing new. There is already a map with the same theme and more races (The Dominion and Spezies 8472) existing and you can build much more ships and buildings there. I don't know its name exactly, but it was something with "Star Trek...", too. To make it something special you have to add new things as black holes and stuff like this. Also the other map includes cloak abilities for the Romulans and Klingons and planets as the earth and Qonos (Klongon's home world). Sorry for this bad kind of reputation, but I just wanted to let you know that this map isn't new.
Anyway, try to create special things and it will become something new.

-Greetings, Pajam

€dit: The map's name is "Star Trek Galactic Conquest" and it's already on this side!

Level 12
I alread knew about Star Trek Galactic Conquest. i just didn't like everything in it. Anyways, it isn't very accuret compared to the movies. And it isn't balenced at all. No offence to the maker though. And some of the things are conclusions from watching like 1 episonde of voyager. Like 8472 aren't compleaty determined to kill everything in the alpha quadrent, in scorpion they were very scared. There is another episonde where they ally federation after learning the truth. None can out-star trek me, and mine involves more spells. This one is way different. you can find that all I am saying is true. Sometimes in star trek galactic conquest you win depending on what race you are.

In simpler words, and what you should read, I wanted to make a more accurate star trek game.

EDIT: Klingons and Romulans have cloak abitlities, and Black holes and spacial rifts will be added later.

Level 3
Hi again,
a Romulan army without cloak ablities isn't Star Trek like as well as the Species 8472 in Galactic Conquest. Anyway, it's more fun to have the choise between more than three nearly identic species as it's in your map. The Federation shouldn't be able to have exactly the same things as the Romulans. You really should fix it to make it really Trekkie-friendly and please try to add uselful things as defense buildings and more kinds of ships.

-greetings, Pajam

€dit: Hm... for some resons my klingon ships didn't have the cloak ability in your map...

-I know that this isn't the right forum for a discussion as we have, so we should end this. Anyway, it doesn't seem that accurate as it could do. Please, have a look on Galactic Conquest and try to add new things out of the ten movies of ST. I'm sure there are some ideas, which would make your map more interesting.

Level 8
If im not mistaken which i could be but I do remember an old star wars game EXACTLY like this. I remember alot of this content on the starwars game in wc3 but doesn't matter. Have fun finishing and adding stuff to it.

Level 8
Sorry mj i was looking and i saw that it was close to it the concept in all. But after i tried it everything was more fun more unique i liked it even though i have never seen nor do i plan on seeing star trek.

Level 25
Oh okay, I thought it was a model you may have placed where the nebula was and thought it wasn't working properly, replacing the model you placed as a purple checkered square. All right, now that I know it's that old editor square, it's no big deal really. Just remember to press V next time. :)
~Craka_J

Level 24
Ok well didn't play it for very long, and I don't know very much about Star Trek and all that, but my favourite species would have to be Borg.

Defenses would be a good thing you add. What kind? Whatever defenses planets have in Star Trek. And Species 8472, well added another race would be good, but then I have no idea what Species 8472 is.

Doomsday Machine, I say yea, that might make it better.

Level 12
Level 12
Don't add it. It's way too scary.

I voted for a "Planet Spawning/Dying System" because that'd keep the game going and probably make it more fun.
Adding new races would be a good idea as well.
~Craka_J
Don't add it. It's way too scary.
LOL! You actually watched it? I didn't think anyone would. But yes, it pwns.
And I already do have the borg in (10x worse!).

I voted for a "Planet Spawning/Dying System" because that'd keep the game going and probably make it more fun.
Adding new races would be a good idea as well.
That will be up and about when I'm further in map production if I get more votes. I think it will be like:
Class D turns into eithor Class K, N, or M. And then Class K, N, and M Will die while Class D will spawn.

Level 9
Add defenses like star bases or planetary defences, towers. otherwise the game turns into a Mass-troop-carrier-capture-planet-harass-game anyone who played galactic conquest will probably now what i mean.

Besides that: Pretty cool game, i still want to make a star wars counter part of it

Level 40
Kay, well, just make 2 Point variables; TempPoint and TempPoint2. You'll rarely need the second, only for Polar Offsets and stuff.

Then, just do this ;)

• Set TempPoint = (Somewhere)
  • Unit - Create 1 Unit at TempPoint ...
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
The first line; set TempPoint to an appropriate point (or TempPoint2 if TempPoint is already in use)

The second line; do something with TempPoint

The third line; remove the point from TempPoint, fixing the leak (add a 2 to the end of the name if you want to remove TempPoint2, of course)

And according to your trigger, it picks each one every 400 seconds and replaces it with two, yes?

Level 40
Kay; after ripping into Star Trek Galactic Conquest to get the Moon and Jupiter skins for you, (since they're gone from the site; the original creator is the same as the one who made mars) and applying them to RightField's EarthLow model (much better quality) with glows fitting the respective planets/moon, and no cloud layers, (looked sort of bad on them) here we go.

Note: the guy who made Star Trek Galactic Conquest compressed the skins, so especially Jupiter are fairly bad quality compared to the originals (which are no longer available)

The mars model uses the texture you already have for it.

Attachments

• Mars.mdx
    26.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Jupiter.mdx
    26 KB · Views: 91
  • Moon.mdx
    26 KB · Views: 92
  • moon.blp
    74.1 KB · Views: 83
  • jupiter.blp
    33.4 KB · Views: 85
Level 12
I would like to add all of them, but I'm running very low on space in the game. I now have 3.8 MB, I'm cutting it close. And thanks for what your giving me. Adding Class A (Jupiter) and Class I (Moon(Though it really is for asteroids)) will make the game much better. And what is better about the new mars mdx?

Level 40
You should work out a way to get the various things (nebula, stars, etc) to show through the floor, either with a transparent tile with stars, or messing with a skybox and a fully transparent tile, or a mix of the two.

EDIT: your main post also says there are 4 kinds of planets, you should probably change that to say 6 ;)

Level 12
Yes... I can't find any models whatsoever for Kason and stuff... so I don't have delta quadrant races... for now. I plan an adding Kason, 8472, and possibly Carrdassian. Don't worry, now mattter how much I would want now... this project will never die. I get back into it every time I watch a star trek episode.

Level 5
Sorry to revive such an old topic, but can someone give me a link as to where to dl the latest version? The one on the first post dosent work. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.