• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adventures of the Frosthorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Introduction
Hi guys. This is my project. I haven't actually done so much, just started to work on techtrees and i have thinked some about the storyline. This is what i have cammed up with so far, more will be added in time i get finished with it. Enjoy!

The Gameplay
This project will be four different gameplays:

Epoc/Part 1: Here you will play as a Tauren hero, just like the Rexxar campaigns. As you see, this is the first epoc/part in the story.

Epoc 2/3: This is just the melee gameplay, with the custom races. I will also include different gamemodes, ex. that you all are a team against a giant monster etc.

Epoc 3: This is the main campaign, and here you will play as the Frosthorn Clan. This is the final act and your enemy will be the Scourge and the Fistraiders. And to your aid, the Hand of Freedom.

Epoc 1-3: This will be the biggest thing of all, the custom RPG. You will play at places you visit in the campaigns and melee, using wow and custom lore. There will be 4 races, 2 sub-races to all and 2-3 classes per sub-race (around 6 classes per race).
Roles:
Dps - Means that the character has an high Damage per second.
Tank - Means that the character can take much damage, using high armor or health.
Healer - Means that the character have good healing spells, or sometimes healing items.
Summoner - Can mean two things; that you can summon beasts etc., or that you can revive dead allies.
Buffer - (enemies) means that you can buff bad buffs at enemies. (friends) meansd that you can buff allies.
Debuffer - Means that you can remove some buffs.

The Races

Frosthorn Clan
Story: The Frosthorn Clan have one goal in their heads; to defeat the Scourge. Taurens and Tuskarrs, together in Northrend, fighting hundreds of the walking dead. The former of the clan, Durkan, had fought with and without allies many times, making him an excellent leader.
Racial Capital: Ruins of Farcorn Keep
Racial Leader: Durkan Frosthorn, the Guardian of Balance
Noteable Characters: Hvas'h'fors, the Frost Lord (Leader of the Tuskarrs).
Playable modes: Every
Playable team: I would say that this team is a hybrid of Night elfs and Orcs. They miss ranged firepower, but they have strong healing and damaging spells, aswell as brute strenght.
RPG classes:

Art of Combat: Not decided
Art of Quickness: Runner?
Art of Magic: Shaman
Dps, Healer
"Shamans have ruled over tribes for many years. They use the four elements - air, fire, water and earth - to vanquis or hurt enemies."

Art of Combat: Mercenary?
Dps, Tank
"Mercenarys travel around Northrend, serving the highest bidder. But, if you are a Scourge member, they will slaught you."
Art of Quickness: Not decided
Art of Magic: Ice Shaman
Dps, Buffer (enemies)
"When the Taurens allied the Tuskarrs, Tuskarrs were interested in Taurens Shamanism. Taurens teached them the way of the elements, and the Tuskarrs learned and changed it; to a new, cold one."

Melee Techtree:

Slayer Fast running and attacking melee unit
War Kodo Strong kodo beast, ecspecially trained to inflict damage. Can learn Kodo Training. Can be upgraded to War Charger.
The Big One Fast moving flying machine. Excellent at scouting and town sieging. Has the Temporary Invisibilty ability. Can learn the Drop Bombs and Cloud upgrades.
Disciple Basic worker unit. Can harvest gold and lumber, build structures, and Fortifie.
Brute Mighty warrior, often goes in first into battles. Can learn Warstomp.
Shaman Strong magical warrior. Can initially cast the Ghost Wolf Form ability. Can learn the Storm Owl Form and Thunder Strike abilitys.
War Mage A mage mounted on a kodo, to increase the protection of the mage. Can learn Flame Storm and Devour.
Hyena Balanced unit. Can learn Pawn Mastery.
Spirit Walker Mystical Tauren caster. Has Ethereal Form. Also has Spirit Link. Can learn Ancestral Spirit.
Tuskarr Fishlauncher Rooten fish launching siege machine. Exceptional damage versus buildings, but slow and vulnerable. Has the Rooten Fish ability.
Tuskarr Sage Light ranged unit which can initially cast Cold Embrace. Can learn Frost Shield and Searing Totem.
Tuskarr Javeliner Long ranged unit, especially trained against air units. Can gain the Lighter Spears upgrade.

Frost Lord Mystical Hero, master of frost and coldness. Can learn Freeze, Mana Ray, Shield of Ice and Blizzard.
Guardian of Balance Mystical Hero, cunning at healing spells and earth magics. Can learn Restore, Spritual Aura, Summon Wildkin and Nature's Wrath.
Tuskarr Wanderer Cunning Hero, exceptional at fast movement and beast taming. Can learn Ensnare, Aspect of the Tiger, Run and Beast Mastery.
Warmonger Warrior Hero, capable of using unhuman strenght. Can learn Throw, Warcry, Hard Impact and Whirlwind.

The Scourge
Story: Due to the Burning Crusade, many has forgotten the evil forces of the Lich King in the cold harshlands of Northrend. The Scourge is preparing it's final assault to enslave; and corrupt, Azeroth. Not many races are prepared, of the unholy crusade...
Racial Capital: Icecrown Citadel
Racial Leader: Arthas the Lich King
Noteable Characters:
Playable modes: Melee, Custom RPG.
Playable team: This race will have the same role as the Undead in game, but with totally new units and they will be much more evil.
RPG classes:

Art of Combat: Champion
Dps, Tank
"The Champions of the Scourge are dead Humans, that have been corrupted or hypnotised to join the Scourge. Once showing mercy to others, now they will simply kill you, unfair and square."
Art of Quickness: Dark Avenger
Dps, Buffer (enemies)
"The Dark Avengers were once High Elfs, but hade relationships with the Scourge before the invasion of Quel'Thalas, and were tortured and abandonned. When the war came, the traitors stood side by side with Undeads."
Art of Magic: Death Knight
Dps, Summoner
"The Death Knights were once the evil creations of the orc Gul'Dan. Later on, after the merging between Arthas and Ner'Zhul, they becamed more or less skeletal fiends of the Scourge."

Art of Combat: Abomination
Tank
"During the Third war, many humans were killed by Undeads. Undead Necromancers experimented with those, creating terrifying monsters."
Art of Quickness: Dark Ranger
Dps
"When Arthas sieged Quel'Thalas, the High Elfs called in their smartest and most experienced warriors. These fighted long, some say too long, died, and were re-animated as evil hunters."
Art of Magic: Lich
Healer, Buffer (friends), Debuffer
"Necromancers served the Scourge loyal. When these died, the Lich King revived his favored as powerful Liches."

The Fistraiders
Story: The Fistraiders are a tribe of Ogres and Centaurs. To get more land, the races allied each other, since fighting alone against Taurens and The Scource, won't give anything.
Racial Capital: Mount Donaue
Racial Leader: Faralus the Khan (Centaur leader) and Lord Thorha (Ogre leader).
Noteable Characters:
Playable modes: Melee, Custom RPG
Playable team: These will be a race of strenght and ranged firepower, indeed of magic. The few magics used will be elemetals magics, and will only be used by Centaurs.
RPG classes:

Art of Combat: Bloodcharger
Dps
"The Centaur Chargers are a group of strong warriors that serves the Fistraider Tribe. Some of these have an extreme adrenaline rush during battle, and are promoted to Bloodchargers."
Art of Quickness: Outrunner
Dps
"Outrunners have allways been useful to the Centaurs, and were the first Centaur warriors."
Art of Magic: Windseer
Dps, Buffer (enemies)
"Practicing wind and thunder magics, these are feared by many. When wind blows through their hair, their wrath and skills grows. Some are actually belived to have great wings and have the ability to fly."

Art of Combat: Gladiator
Dps, Tank
"When arena games were introduced in Azeroth, Ogre leaders decided to train warriors especially for those battles. When they later were needed, Gladiators had trained so much that they were used as enforcers in battle. Some of these becamed high leaders."
Art of Quickness: Beastmaster
Dps, Summoner
"When Ogres heard about Rexxar the Mok'nathals adventures, they decided to seek him up. Soon they founded him, and he was willing to teach them the art of beastmastery."
Art of Magic: Mage
Dps, Buffer (friends and enemies)
"During the Second war, Gul'Dan fused two ogres and gave them powers from dead High Elfs and Orcish Death Knights. These two-headed ogres were more intellect than normal ogres, but the two heads fighted alot."

Hand of Freedom
Story: The Hand of Freedom are militias, paladins and Black Sailors. They are all united against the Scourge, even the thiefs of the Black Sailor guild.
Racial Capital: The Black Cove
Racial Leader: Frank Hardwear the Hero
Noteable Characters: Trullock the Captain (Leader of the Black Sailors)
Playable modes: Melee, Custom RPG and at some point Campaign.
Playable team: These will be like the humans in game, very balanced but will use lesser magic.
RPG classes:

Art of Combat: Fighter
Tank
"Fighters were once villagers and peasents. They fight for freedom, never giving up."
Art of Quickness: Fletcher?
Art of Magic: Cleric
Healer, Buffer (friends and enemies)
"The Clerics are often sages of villages, learning from paladins and priests how to use joly powers."

Art of Combat: Pirate
Dps
"Pirates compensate the most of the Black Sailor guild. Some were once members of the Kul Tiras kingdom, and some were outcasts and thiefs."
Art of Quickness: Parrot Tamer
Dps, Summoner
"Parrots can be used in combat for reporting and spying. Tamers knew this, and made the parrots join them."
Art of Magic: Kul Tiras Sailor
Dps, Summoner
"The navy kingdomof Kul Tiras meat it's fall during the Hordes siege in the Third war. Many mages and wizards left the kingdom and joined smaller guilds. They were loyal to their new guild even when Jaina and Tartnat Proudmoore rebuilt the castle of Theramoore."

The Positions
These are the positions available and my team members:

Triggers:
Triggerers are what i look most for. The main thing is cinematics and triggers for spells etc. I also look for more advanced triggerers, to help me with the RPG. I will make the basic triggers.

Modelers:
I need someone to be either official modelers or if u can take single requests. HappyTauren might create 1, but i need far more models. I can make the skins if u don't.

Ideas:
I would also be glad if someone could help me with ideas for different things, ex. story, chapters.

Testers:
It will take a long time before someone will be able to test this, but i neec testers to chech balance etc.

Team:
Me (Revolve) - Leader, Skinner, Terrainer, Basic Triggers and Maper.
zodiac - Tester
Horror.Man - Voice Actor
Ivanneth - Triggers , Models (Lesser things)
daw_guy - Object Editor
Lord_T - Models

Contact me
If u want to join, i prefer you PM me or post here. You could also email me at: [email protected]

The site is linked in signature, but you wont get more info there. Also say what you like about this, and if u have any ideas of improvements. Techtree will be added soon!!

Last edited:
Level 15
(Sry for double posting, wanted to update.)

As you see, things are working fine here. The techtree for Frosthorn Clan is soon done (not balanced and such), i may upload it this weekend.
You might have seen this already, but i want to welcome my new members zodiac and Horror.Man. I really hope that more wish to join. PLz comment more about the story (isn't much, but anyway) and techtree when it comes, since this is my first big project and i have no plans on getting down.

Ps. I have also updated some race info.

Level 4
Looks interesting...

Since your human group seems to revolve around "black sailors", may I suggest...

Frank Hardwear the Red.

He could be a former pirate, known as "The Red" for often being covered in blood when returning from a battle?

:pal:

Level 15
Well, Frank Hardwear is actually a normal villager, that becomes a militia, then militia leader and then he unite the militias, paladins and black sailors to free themself against the legacy of the Scource.

Thx anyway for posting, and also for suggesting. That idea is now going to be used, but not for a while since i have thinken of him as the War Commander of the Hand of Freedom, only meetable in RPG and with a new name except The Red. Oh and the first techtree won't be realeased this week, but next week, since i will be with my mom. I really hope that more wish to join, or help by posting in this forum and suggesting.

Ps. I/we mainly need modellers and triggerers, so PM me if u are interested.

Level 5
Hand of Freedom
Well i really like the story line for the Hand of Freedom.

Frosthorn Clan
I think that the Frosthorn clan should realy have a better reason for wanting to kill the scourge. What did the scourge do to them. Were they heavily affected by the scourge before the burning crusade, could they just belive that they are the best and no one else deserves to live in there world. Yhea i'm Curious about that. Also it would be good if you tell what continent they live on just so its easier to understand there dislike.

The Scource
Well this storyline is definatley my favorite. As an idea would be have a town or 2 that were completly abadoned. Possibly there could still be footprints to suggest at the Scource before you see a zombie or undead.

The Fistraiders
Ok this story is a little hard to get. To fix that just reword it. Another idea would be to either have a couple diplomats or to somehow show that the diplomatic attempts with the centaurs are not working.

If i think of anything else i will post it. Hope i helped. :)

Level 15
Hand of Freedom:
Thx :) I came up with these when i were creating a trailer for the project (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG from succesful).

Frosthorn Clan:
Yeah, you are right. I will need to think about this one. Now, it has to do with their parents, grandparents, friends and allies (especially the Tuskarrs). Since you will play as Durkan (leader) in the "Rexxar RPG" you will probably reveal some info about what happens later. They live on Kalimdor (the left 1) and they will be helped by the Hand of Freedom to travel to Northrend, since the first part of campaign will be most aginst the Fistraiders.

The Scource
I don't actually understand what you mean with towns abandoned, but they have 1 town/city abandoned, which is now conquered by the Nathrezim (Dreadlords). This town is what later becomes the capital for the Frosthorn Clan, Ruins of Farcron Keep (it is not only a keep). This city while be pretty near Icecrown Citadel, and in RPG there will be hundreds of undead and taurens battling between the cities. I also don't understand what you mean with footprints.

Fistraider Tribe:
I don't know what to say, i haven't think much of these yet, i am most thinken of the Scource since they will be the next race i make techtree too.

And yes, this helped alot, i really like when you post, it helps me and it's fun to answer when it's i that have done the storyline and i decide what happens.

Oh, and ideas for techtree for Scource would be much appreciated. Just remember that it will be in Warcraft style, but custom spells and such can be used, just describe clear what you mean. And if u find models for any races, plz post them since i need a lot models. Or even better ; sign up for modelling (or triggering, especially cinematics).

~Revolve

Edit: I am going to mom today, so plz keep this thread alive. Zodiac will temporary step in as me to answer your questions. I made a final update before i go to mom, about rpg classes (races).

Last edited:
Level 5
Story line ideas
Well im just clarrifing what i meant for the Scource. I meant to slowly give the idea that a mysterious force is there. Then show the Scourge. To show the force i thought that foot step units or doodadds in a town without people would help show the Scource are still there.

Well thats just clariffying what i meant in my other post.

Tech ideasok well ill try to help with the techtrees a little.

Hand of Freedom

Black Sailors

Art of Magic is a good idea, but if you wanted something else it could also be something like Parrot Lord or Card Champion. The Parrot lord could cast magic and mabey a parrot comes and does what the magic should do. Like flamestrike after the parrot drops a bomb. The Card Champion could possibly have luck over fate which lets him spawn a unit with every % hit.

Art of Quickness Yes i think that Pirates are the best unit for this. Possibly a spell could be like Drunken Rampage and he will swing at something like 75% and dmg will be at 200%. This will every 3 hits with this increase dmg by 200 for a unit with 100 attack, increasing dmg increase per hit by 66.66% i think...

Art of Combat Well a sea barron is a great idea. But because you questioned it i will tell one of my ideas. You could probally use an Fresh Recruit. A Fresh Recruit would be very strong but not know a ton about what goes on a ship. He could possibly as an ability use a gun and overload it spraying multiple bullets.
Ok so these are my ideas for the Black Sailors.

Militia

Art of Magic Because the units are called Militia it should seem like the magic users wouldn't be used to constant fighting so they don't have healing or damaging magic to me. Mabey you should have a Mesmer of some sort. These mesmers could have been entertainers before the Burning Crusade and have become so good that they claim to have hidden power within them. I can't think of a good spell right now.

Art of Quickness Well a spy would probally work I like units that would have a job before the Burning Crusade. Possibly a Fletcher. Fletchers could have been in heavy demand during the war so long hours with fast motions have helped the Fletchers became quick witted and have amazing hand eye coordination. Ok an ability would be create arrows. This creates around 20 arrows. Each arrow gives plus 1 dmg so he would get 21 dmg if his dmg was 20. Also everytime the arrows are fired they will be destroyed.

Art of Combat Ok a fighter is good. Some backround information could be that they used to work showbiz as actors who fought often. These fightings made the actors learn the ways of the sword and shield. An ability could be perfect stance. The Fighter would be capable of blocking and doging anything.(This spell would probally be dodge set to 100% miss for a couple seconds.)

Frostthorn Clan

Tauran

Art of Magic For an Elemental Shaman a great ability would be to play the attack animation stop the animation speed then create a thunder clap at the position of the unit and increase attack speed by 100%. This could be called A Forbidon Ritual spell.

Art of Quickness A mail carrier would probally be a great way to show speed. The tauren could possibly be ranged and throw ... (not sure) and be able to blink and increase movement speed by 250%. This would help him survive another one of my abilitys would be to Lose Enemy because the Mail Carrier knows every hidden ally he hides and attacks the enemy sevral times.

Art of Combat Well a Tauren Chieften would make the most sense. I think that a Kodo Trainer would be fun to play as well. He could probally have Steal Strength this ability would let him gain attributes based what type of enemy he's fighting. I might make a mini map to show that. Also he could gain Kodo Rage this lets him ride a kodo which devours 2 ememys near by then dissapears.

Tuskar

Art of Magic

Art of Quickness

Art of Combat

The Scource

The fallen

Art of Magic

Art of Quickness

Art of Combat

The reborn

Art of Magic

Art of Quickness

Art of Combat

Fistraider Tribe

Centaur

Art of Magic

Art of Quickness

Art of Combat

Orges

Art of Magic

Art of Quickness

Art of Combat

Also i would recremend to update your site. There was less info there. I'll be making my kodo map for a little probally tommorow.
+the Fistraiders story is much easier to undestand now.
:)

Last edited:
Level 3
@up i like those ideas. GJ.

Im tired i may edit this post with a few ideas... but otherwise. Im goin to bed.

Level 15
(Managed to log in)

Thx for all ideas. I just read them fast, will read more when i get to dad and update post. I have started writing about all classes. And i will update site, i have been a little lazy.

Thx ~Revolve

OK. I got some news for mostly RPG:

1. Updated classes techtree, adding a little storyline about every class. (i wrote it yesterday, but when the servers were lagging, 1 hour work was lost :( ) I will also add roles for each class (healer, dps etc).
2. I have thinken alot about RPG gameplay, and i got requests (will not be used for a loing time, but anyway) and info:

Stats: For this i have thinken of something like - Damage (Strenght), which will be the normal damage which can be increased by wearing weapons etc. Physics (Agility), will determine how fast you walk, attack speed and health etc. Will (intelligens), will determine your mana amount and mana regernation.

Librarys: In every capital city, i might have an library. In these you can read different books and get information about gameplay. In the books, i will have alot details, for example: "Milias the Ranger helped us through the hardest times in our lives."
Milias will travel through some regions etc. and kill mobs, maybe talking to someone or help them. For this, i need a book system, that can be read on screen like in wow or something.

Skills: Every playable unit will be a hero, but can't learn just by leveling up and press the skill menu button. You will have to go to a class trainer. Here you will learn and upgrade your skills/spells, costing money. There will be one "specialization table" for each class, for ex. healing table, tanking table etc. (better names).

Camera: It will be a close third person camera and normal third person camera. I need a triggerer for this.

So say everything you like about this, and come with ideas. Techtree for melee will be here soon, i hope to start working on it today or tommorow.

EDIT: Resource System: Gold will be as it is, and will be the main value in game. Lumber will be replaced with Crystal Shards, which can be founded in Northrend, or you can gain it by quests or exchange gold. Food will be Arena Points, so different upkeeps will be your rank!! (i will change name of upkeep)

Last edited:
Level 8
Firstly, try not to double post - especially for such tiny posts. Secondly. Triggering, what type of triggering, "advanced"? Also, models: I can do basic stuff, ie. taking off weapons, up sizing weapons, etc. Thirdly, post some screens, I really want to see the terrain ^^

Level 15
Well, i know i shouldn't double post, but i have to update post since nearly no one is posting. The triggerers i need is for all cinematics. The triggerers i want are for hero/unit spells, jass and/or gui, systems for rpg ex. third person camera and book system. There are also various smaller things on campaigns and maybe melee. Aslong as you want to, it would be great to have you as modeller!! PM or post here, and if u want to be fully part of project or just do what u are told to. Finally, terrain. There are no. I have only started at techtrees, but for moment i have started terraining Icecrown Citadel, i may upload screens. BUT: 2 hours work dissapeared last night, so i need to redo a bunch of things.

Thx ~ Revolve

EDIT: The work is not gone!! I will update pictures soon.

EDIT 2: Here are the pictures: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=326334#post326334

Last edited:
Level 15
Ivanneth: Great!!! I will sign you right up, but what/which triggers can you do? Cinemtaics, spells etc.? And for modelling, then if you could do any of these things:
1.Removing weapons (ex. for RPG)
2.Removing armor, shields, heads and such, body parts and accesories.
3.Merging models, like placing a footman head on a dreadlord.
4.Adding weapons (creating them, though not very good, but like a sword).
And i will do terrain.

Thx ~ Revolve

Level 8
Oh, sorry, lol, I forgot about this, and where this was : \
Triggering: Mostly with variables, and a lot of "all around" stuff, cines are good, spells - as long as you get the ideas, I can probably make it.
For the modelling stuff: I can remove weapons, armor and that type of stuff in the skin; unless you mean putting dents etc. into heads or that type of stuff, I can't do. Merging models ... if I took the time and read Oinkerwinkle's sh*t, I probably could. Adding weapons ... Well, I'm not sure, haven't tried it.

Level 15
Thx daw_guy, aswell as HatoZILLA.

daw_guy, i am sorry to report this but it will take pretty long before you actually get to do something. Currently i want to get in contact with zodiac, i will send him an email tomorow. I am also going to mom tomorow, nad i can't be warcraft active except my visits at Hive.

Just so you know to, i am slowing down the speed alot, i don't want to be to much with this project, i want to do other things on the computer and off. I am 12 years old.

Thx ~ Revolve

Level 3
Revolve, Im sorry i couldent get in contact with you, I have had personal problems and havent been able to get to a computer lately. I will be online and available to test the map this weekend, If i could have a link to the current one i will test it. Sorry for not being online and I hope im not waisting your time (anymore) I will be available all this weekend to test, and possibly next.

Level 15
Hello everyone, newsfeed. I want to offially welcome Lord_T as our modeller in the team. I also wan to inform that the team work has seriously been started. I am still looking for any king of help to the project.
Lord_T - That model is great, and i, well, let's just say i love your work!!
In a near (far) future, we will discuss what you should do and i am hoping for creativity and activite. Also i am wondering if you can skin the models or should i do that? Doesn't matter what.

Thx for my teams help and support!! ~ Revolve

Level 22
Well, I made a few decent-looking skins before, but i think it might be better if you skinned them. I only have acess to paint at the time >.<. However, I can UV-map any models that you wish to have in-game textures for you.
Also, are there any finalized or complex models that you're certain you'll be needing? If so, just let me know so i can begin working on them.

Hey guys, I'm Lord_T's friend, hes teaching me how to model, and I think I'm coming along rather well and will help in any way I can, I've got some projects underway (slowly but surley ><) so I can give ideas as well as work on models. I made that model in a few hours, can be used as a caster, but might be better suited for a hero, the portrait is part of the model.

Attachments

• Tauren Worlock.mdx
    136.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 15
I can't check in this writing timeon how the model looks, but i will do as fast as i get time. If you are interested in joining, i mean my god, i had no modellers in the beginning of this. Thx very much if you join.

EDIT: I just looked, and i looked pretty good. I didn't look very taurish except skin, so some custom skin and model edits would be nice, but there is no need to do that on this one, just for feature models.

Last edited:
Level 15
Well sry to diisapoint you Lord_T, but this project is pretty much down. I am getting WoW as christmas gift, so i will start playing it. I also realised i am not really mature enough to have a project like this, it's far too big and i got far to little experience, knowledge and "skills".

But i will sure continue mapping, atleast when i am not playing WoW, and if u are interested, i can let you help me model. Plz send me a PM then.

So bye bye members, hope you see this, and sry for wasting your time...

Sry ~ Revolve

Status
Not open for further replies.