• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: Aftermath, Aos evolving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Through my days of map development I've noticed serious flaws in aos maps in paticular, its to no fault of the developers they just dont see them, or a way to combat them. This is something I've found ways to negate with WCA, I want it to stand out from the rest being more fair, competitive and polished. This has been my off and on project for about a year now, I have put many hours into it and am ready to knuckle down and finish it.Disclosure: This is not another Dota clone, far be it dota isnt a bad thing, this map is just far from it entirely.

--==ANTI UNDERLEVELING SYSTEM==--

Which allows no player to fall behind, to be preyed upon by other players to feel the need to leave. A fair playing field for all.

--==Story==--

Warcraft Aftermath is set between the first and second wars of azeroth, when the hatred between the orcs and humans ran the strongest. Fight along side the noble Humans with such legends as Anduin Lothar and Uther Lightbringer to purge their lands of the Orcish threat. Or go into glorious battle with the blood thirsty Orcs and fight with the infamous Grom Hellscream and Gul'dan. The future of azeroth, is in your hands.

--==Other Features include==--

- 9 truly balanced Legendary heroes on each side with their own roles, strengths and weaknesses.

- Phsyical/Magical damage spell system for normal dps and magic, varying the statting for reducing damage.

- Upgrading "creeps" and towers that level their damage/armor/health with heroes, making it so they are never mere farming fodder.

- Capturable goldmine/lumbermill, capturing lumber mill gives you lumber income for mercenaries, goldmine gives you more gold income.

- More then four spawning creep types with varied unit statting for a more variety in combat.

- Varied unit statting to go with the races for variety and change of pace, orcs are slower with higher hp and damage, humans are faster with more armor, but are completely balanced in a stale mate!

- Classic warcraft 2 and warcraft 1 abilities remade and built upon for an old school feeling for all the fan boys out there.

- Classic warcraft 2 sounds, icons and so forth to give you a true warcraft 2 era feel.

- And many more!

--==Heroes include==--

--==Orcish Horde==--

Grom Hellscream - primary tank
Blackhand - melee dps/suppoort
Dentarg - melee dps/support
Kargath Bladefist - melee dps
Zuljin - ranged dps
Deathwing - ranged dps/support
Gul'dan - magic dps
Teron Gorefiend - summoner/healer
Cho'gall - magic dps/support

--==Human Alliance==--

Anduin Lothar - primary tank
Turalyon - support/melee dps
Admiral Proudmoore - melee dps/support
Alleria - ranged dps
Danath - melee dps
Kurdran - ranged dps/support
Antonidas - summoner/support
Khadgar - magic dps
Uther Lightbringer - healer/support

I''ve tried to make a very old school feel to this map, make it really seem youre in warcraft 2 era. I believe I've succeeded, along with that a fair even playing field, especially for the new comers.

If anyone is interested in beta testing it will be ready this weekend with any luck, taking slightly longer then expected.

Map 85% complete screen shots here! Sorry for the wait.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_041909_201828_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041909_201828_01.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 1,825
  • WC3ScrnShot_041909_201927_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041909_201927_02.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 753
  • WC3ScrnShot_041909_202018_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041909_202018_03.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 519
  • WC3ScrnShot_041909_202032_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041909_202032_04.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 312
  • WC3ScrnShot_041909_202040_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041909_202040_05.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Level 3
Why thank ya :) It may take slightly longer then expected, my mother has come down from alaska for my birthday. But it shouldnt be much longer then that. The only thing im working on now are hero abilities, only taking me so long because I'm making them work with others, work with their own and complement the heroes role as a whole. Well not to mention them being entirely triggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.