• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Gladiator Map for War3 - First Development Phase Completed

Level 6
Good evening for everyone here at Hive Workshop! I'm Fabiano Silva, also know as Barbafire, and last year I've posted my idea for a warcraft mod, that combine "Orc Gladiators" with "Legendary Gladiators" mod.

Post about my idea here:
[Arena] - Gladiator Map for Warcraft III - by Barbafire

I needed to stop my project (due to adult life), but after almost a year, I've returned to work. I'm writing this post, to share you that I've finished the first step of the development of my "Gladiator Map for War3".

The first step was to create a document with all heroes and their magics, and put all this information inside World Editor. I've done 21 heroes in total, with a total of 5 spells each. Why heroes have this amount of spells? Because I've used the rank system from Legendary Gladiators.

How it works? Here, heroes can level up to 100, but this is not necessary to rank up. A Tier 1 hero can rank up when it upgrade his last ability +8 (Level 20); Same, a Tier 2 hero can rank up when it upgrade his last ability +1 (Level 25); And a Tier 3 hero can't rank up anymore, because this is the "final form" of that class (but upgrade his last ability at Level 40).

Why does heroes have diferent levels to rank up? Because each new tier offers a new ability, then, a hero needs more levels to upgrade all his spells. The spell system on heroes is something like this:

A Tier 1 hero has three tier 1 spells. When you rank up, the first level of these same tier 1 spells, now called a tier 2 spell, is the last level of the previous tier. Also, a tier 2 hero receive a totally new spell (that upgrades every 6 levels). Each new tier spell has the same stats that the last level of the previous tier version of it. After, a tier 3 hero receive another totally new spell (Now, a definitive ultimate, that upgrades every 10 levels).

Hero Spell.gif

Example of upgraded spell at tier 2, and first level of the same spell at tier 3.

Same happens with hero stats. A tier 2 hero initial stats, are the stats of his tier 1 version, at level 20. Also, a tier 3 hero initial stats, are the stats of his tier 2 version, at level 25. Each rank up changes the hero model.
Hero Stats.gif

Example of hero stats, from "last level" of tier 2, and first level of tier 3.

Soon after, the list of heroes created for now:

• Vampire (Drain Tank - STR)
  • Necromancer (Summon Support - INT)
  • Defiler (Cursing Support - INT)
  • Invoker (Heavy Summon + Summon Suport - Int)
  • Electromancer (Magic DPS - INT)
  • Pyromancer (Heavy AoE DPS - INT)
  • Cryomancer (Mid Support + Mid DPS - INT)
  • Geomancer (Mid AoE DPS - AGI)
  • Barbarian (Mid Buff Tank + Mid DPS - STR)
  • Assassin (Heavy DPS - AGI)
  • Demon (Nothing - AGI);
  • Shaman (Heavy Support - INT)
  • Paladin (Healing Tank - STR)
  • Mad Alchemist (Mid DPS - STR)
  • Sentinel (Heavy DPS - AGI)
  • Death Knight (Reflect Tank + Buff - STR)
  • Warrior (Reflect Tank + Aura - STR)
  • Druid (Mid Summon + Mid DPS - AGI)
  • Priest (Heavy Suport - INT)
  • Life Knight (Buff + Magic Tank - STR)
  • Arcane Manipulator (Mid DPS + Buff Tank - AGI)

Hero 1.jpeg
Hero 2.jpeg

Hero 3.jpeg
Hero 4.jpeg

For now, it's this what i've worked on. Still need to choose a proper name to this map haha!