• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Aftermath! Aos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Aos evolution: Warcraft Aftermath

Through my days of map development I've noticed serious flaws in aos maps in paticular, its to no fault of the developers they just dont see them, or a way to combat them. This is something I've found ways to negate with WCA, I want it to stand out from the rest being more fair and competitive then the rest.

--==ANTI UNDERLEVELING SYSTEM==--

Which allows no player to fall behind, to be preyed upon by other players to feel the need to leave. A fair playing field for all, though its not merely given to them, they must buy the scroll to allow them to catch up.

--==Story==--

Warcraft Aftermath is set between the first and second wars of azeroth, when the hatred between the orcs and humans ran the strongest. Fight along side the noble Humans with such legends as Anduin Lothar and Uther Lightbringer to purge their lands of the Orcish threat. Or go into glorious battle with the blood thirsty Orcs and fight with the infamous Grom Hellscream and Gul'dan. The future of azeroth, is in your hands.

--==Other Features include==--

- 9 truly balanced heroes with their own roles, strengths and weaknesses.

- Phsyical/Magical damage spell system for normal dps and magic, varying the statting for reducing damage.

- Upgrading "creeps" and towers that level their damage/armor/health with heroes, making it so they are never mere farming fodder.

- Capturable goldmine/lumbermill, capturing lumber mill gives you seige units and lumber income for mercenaries, goldmine gives you more gold income.

- More then five spawning creep types with varied unit statting for a more variety in combat.

- Varied unit statting to go with the races for variety and change of pace, orcs are slower with higher hp and damage, humans are faster with more armor.

- Classic warcraft 2 and warcraft 1 abilities remade for an old school feeling for all the fan boys out there.

- And many more!

*UPDATE* Beta testing being post-pomed till next weekend, health complications and family affairs.

--==Heroes include==--

--==Orcish Horde==--

Grom Hellscream - primary tank
Blackhand - melee dps/suppoort
Dentarg - melee dps/support
Kargath Bladefist - melee dps
Zuljin - ranged dps
Deathwing - ranged dps/support
Gul'dan - magic dps
Teron Gorefiend - summoner/healer
Cho'gall - magic dps/support

--==Human Alliance==--

Anduin Lothar - primary tank
Turalyon - support/melee dps
Admiral Proudmoore - melee dps/support
Alleria - ranged dps
Danath - melee dps
Kurdran - ranged dps/support
Antonidas - summoner/support
Khadgar - magic dps
Uther Lightbringer - healer/support

Ss1 - all the units, bringing back the raider as the orcs heavy melee.
Ss2 - A human expansion, complete with four towers and one cannon tower.
Ss3 - Part of the orc base don't they have lovely house keeping?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_101908_092314_01.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_101908_092314_01.gif
    248.6 KB · Views: 742
  • WC3ScrnShot_101908_092342_02.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_101908_092342_02.gif
    287.6 KB · Views: 8,521
  • WC3ScrnShot_101908_092527_06.gif
    WC3ScrnShot_101908_092527_06.gif
    282.8 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Level 3
It will be! The eighteen heroes are revealed

Orcish Horde

Grom Hellscream - primary tank
Blackhand - offtank/suppoort
Dentarg - melee dps/support
Kargath Bladefist - melee dps
Zuljin - ranged dps
Deathwing - ranged dps/support
Gul'dan - magic dps
Teron Gorefiend - summoner/healer
Cho'gall - magic dps/support

Human Alliance

Anduin Lothar - primary tank
Turalyon - offtank/melee dps
Admiral Proudmoore - melee dps/support
Alleria - ranged dps
Danath - melee dps
Kurdran - ranged dps/support
Antonidas - Summoner/support
Khadgar - magic dps
Uther Lightbringer - healer/support

More will be added in later versions but for now they are it. 3 int 3 str 3 agi

Level 3
Already am and i thought of something to balance it out that im adding. What is one of the most annoying things about dota or other aoses? Messing up a little early on and being underleveled and useless right? Well I've made an item to rid of that, you can only buy it when youre two levels behind, it gives you a 40% experience boost for a short time. Allowing you to catch up, but during this you cant exceed the level of the enemies heroes.

Level 1
There's some serious promise here I have to admit. A nice use of old school lore characters, a nice touch. Keep up the balancing and this should turn out really cool. I especially like that you can come back from a bad start unlike many other maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.