• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Now taking FONT requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Map Font Requests

Description
~Here you can request any master font you want for your warcraft 3 custom map the only catches are:

1. FONT must be from this website http://www.dafont.com
2. I will be using and external file to insert this so if you want any other interface changes you might not want to use this.

Feel free to request any font from the website although some might not work in that case i will just inform you to choose another.

This will harm your map in no way and the largest master font file i have found is only 50kb.

+rep and full credits to me "CHA_Owner(NAMM)" if i insert this into your map for you.
Security
~You will have no need to worry about sending me your maps i will not rip them off or edit them in any way other than inserting these fonts.

If you dont want everyone downloading your map also then just send me a PM with your map telling me which font you want.

+rep and full credits to me "CHA_Owner(NAMM)" if i insert this into your map for you.

Last edited:
Level 12
Make a file called war3mapSkin.txt inside that file put this:

[CustomSkin]
MasterFont=Name of font
MessageFont=Name of font
ChatFont=Name of font
EscMenuTextFont=Name of font
InfoPanelTestFont=Name of font
TextTagFont=Name of font

Save your map your done also remeber that the font mucht come with numbers/letters/symbols not just letters like some do.

Level 12
Well im shure that goes down to what you set the name as.

heres an example:

|cff995500Text|r <<< changes color of text so theres probably a code similar to color codes which changes boldness/size/font/etc.

i will look further into this and see what i can come up with.

EDIT*

Here check this tutorial about color codes and fonts:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138460

thats the last thing i can tell you i cant figure out how to do this ill check more into the customskin for warcraft to see if it can also be changed by an external file.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it cannot be changed with tags like that, you're propably mixing this up with html and such.
No, warcraft uses a set of about five fonts for the game, and i was thinking on wether you'd add more titles in the .txt - though i noticed it had a line called "ChatFont", so it should be overwriting chat, only it doesn't.
But as for now, i am pretty pleased.

Level 12
Alright ill check into it like i said and thanks for the feedback

EDIT*

kk i found out the the ChatFont part is just the part of the chat bar the says "Message:" you cant change the actuall enterd chat unless you use a customly designed chat system which shows up as quest hints or something like that.

and as for the characters names i am still looking into that hope this helps

Level 8
chat and hovering text fonts are changed after you play the map once (aka the second time you play it IN A ROW)
just like the thing with the computer players and races (they also change after you play a map twice, but not at the first time)
;)

if you want to have that changed, create a mod.... or write some angry emails to blizzard

anyway: @ creator dude
i hope you know that there is a way to make further changes on the ui possible, after you changed the font?

all you got to do is delete the imported war3skin.txt after you have changed the font ;)

Level 12
View attachment 81378 here is font what i need, will send you map over pm. You need to say me names of attached(imported) files that you have add on map, cause i need to import them in map(i want to work on it), and for what is text tag font?

Well i have actually moved on to SC2 and no longer take requests but just read the first page and you should be able to understand how to do it yourself by all the comments i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.