• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI(only :|) Spell Requests by [Spoontoobig]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello,

I have some WoW'ish(World of Warcraft) spell requests:
NEW REQUESTS!:

Druid spell: Starfall

Description: You summon a flurry of stars from the sky on all targets within 30 yards of the caster, each dealing X Arcane damage. Also causes Y Arcane damage to all other enemies within 5 yards of the enemy target. Maximum 20 stars. Lasts 10 sec. Shapeshifting into an animal form or mounting cancels the effect. Any effect which causes you to lose control of your character will suppress the starfall effect.

New request everyday!!!! CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN AND +REP of course!

Last edited:
Level 10
for your lava burst ability, you would do a check/condition to see if the target has the debuff on them and then apply the bonus damage. I have a move exaclty like this in my map :D

• ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Flame Shock) Equal to True

Level 10
Okey... I done with flame shock and lava burst...

But! How to make trap... I tryed to do it with dummy unit... But I stuck with thing how to make when unit with dummy unit for 10 range it casts smoke screen and disappear... ? :>

Here is a Map with Frost Nova and Howl of Terror. Both are made with very simple triggers. Howl of Terror shows no buff, it just orders the units to go away.

Both Spells are really just templates. You have to set the tooltips etcc by your own. Oh and probably you want to change the dummy model to nothing.mdl

Attachments

• Frost Nove and Howl of Terror.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 49
Level 15
Sap: hard question, I'm wondering if it can be made in GUI... You need some timers for it->hard to make MUI... But if there is only 1 chars/player then I think I can make it.
EDIT: Ok, I think I could solve it :D I'll upload it in an hour.
EDIT2: Okay. I give up... You need JASS or a LONG-LONG segment of GUI triggers to do that... And a custom stealth system with stealth as a dummy spell :p Coz' I can't make it work with the original hiding spells, so...

Last edited:
Level 15
hmm... maybe an alternative hide spell... but you have to use a lot of triggers for it... If you can send me the map (if you have) I think I can make it
EDIT: there is some hiding opportunity, but only works if there is no/only 1(limited) invisible-seeing units... It's hard to do...
EDIT2: there is some dummy-way for it... but don't know... It's really hard, I have to pre-check the action, which is nearly impossible (GOT THE IDEA! XD) Okay, so I disable the spell as long as long the unit don't have stealth. ;) And make the unit restealth after the spell... :D

Level 10
hmm... maybe an alternative hide spell... but you have to use a lot of triggers for it... If you can send me the map (if you have) I think I can make it
EDIT: there is some hiding opportunity, but only works if there is no/only 1(limited) invisible-seeing units... It's hard to do...
EDIT2: there is some dummy-way for it... but don't know... It's really hard, I have to pre-check the action, which is nearly impossible (GOT THE IDEA! XD) Okay, so I disable the spell as long as long the unit don't have stealth. ;) And make the unit restealth after the spell... :D

You better make blazing speed spell :> that would be fantastic! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.