• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What buildings should Mr. Bob make next?

What Building style should I create next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Chinese/Japanese/Panda, because the three things are so damn hard to tell apart.

Or you can go for an Arabic feel. That wouldn't be so bad either.

And I will always support futuristic because I fucking love science fiction.

Level 31
hey if you do decide to make aztec, i'll make this.

Hmm...Screen whatever it is because the link leads me to the home page of gamesworkshop. lol

That would be nice...Considering as how I make pretty good buildings, and you make the best units, it would be perfect. :D

What if I end up doing something like...say...medieval? Would you make a set of knights and swordsmen etc? In other words, would you ever do anything other than warhammer?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Anything but modern warfare or space stuff. My preference goes for medieval models, always!
Your Norse buildings are quite interesting and serve various purposes. I believe I read a comment of someone planning to use one of them as a Rohan structure, and it doesn't fit bad, actually.
I'll choose Norse.
This thread was a very good idea.

By the way, this doesn't feel like the right section. Perhaps it should be moved to Modeling & Animation?

Last edited:
Reactions: HFR
Hmm...Screen whatever it is because the link leads me to the home page of gamesworkshop. lol

That would be nice...Considering as how I make pretty good buildings, and you make the best units, it would be perfect. :D

What if I end up doing something like...say...medieval? Would you make a set of knights and swordsmen etc? In other words, would you ever do anything other than warhammer?

me not make warhammer? oh u :)
the link was meant to be this btw.
all right. i'll have a go at what ever theme you decide to make. not warhammer this time :D just for your sake. its about time i do other model anyways

Level 19
We need an Archery Range (I.E., a Barracks for archers) with archery targets and lanes of dirt leading to them.
180px-Archeryrange1.jpg

Level 31
me not make warhammer? oh u :)
the link was meant to be this btw.
all right. i'll have a go at what ever theme you decide to make. not warhammer this time :D just for your sake. its about time i do other model anyways

Hmm k then. I wonder how good your modeling is when you branch out... ;)

{EDIT}
THE THEME IS.....

MEDIEVAL!

Thanks guys. Very helpful indeed.

REGARDLESS OF THE VOTING THAT IS TO COME, I HAVE SPOKEN. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Medieval! Very nice choice, Mr. Bob!

We need an Archery Range (I.E., a Barracks for archers) with archery targets and lanes of dirt leading to them.
180px-Archeryrange1.jpg
We REALLY need an Archery Range. No one seems to have ever made one. And like Asomath said, Age of Empires! Oh, those good old times...
Even though I'd prefer if it was not so much like this one, hehe.
Now this is a little more pleasing:
the-lord-of-the-rings-the-battle-for-middle-earth-20040804051157773.jpg

Or just a cross between the two, combined with Mr. Bob's creativeness.

Level 31
Lol guys.

The general thought among those who did not vote for medieval is this:

"ICKY POOPOO IT IS SO BORING!"

Observe the fact that, my medieval, and WC3 medieval, are two COMPLETELY different things.

Yes, there are a lot of Medieval buildings on the Hive. But, how many of them are not full of cartoony crap? Almost none.

Therefore, I shall create a new set, fitting the style of AoE.

EDIT: Hmmm I have an idea.

I was looking at my current Medieval and Norse models, and I noticed that the only difference is the roof texture, and the types of dormers used for each type. Other than this, there is no difference.

So, I think it would be wise to combine the two. I shall make them with Norse looking roofs, (hay) and western European style dormers.

Is that ok for everyone? That way, it can be used with Norse stuff, and western European medieval stuff.

Last edited:
Level 15
Lol guys.

The general thought among those who did not vote for medieval is this:

"ICKY POOPOO IT IS SO BORING!"

Observe the fact that, my medieval, and WC3 medieval, are two COMPLETELY different things.

Yes, there are a lot of Medieval buildings on the Hive. But, how many of them are not full of cartoony crap? Almost none.

Therefore, I shall create a new set, fitting the style of AoE.

EDIT: Hmmm I have an idea.

I was looking at my current Medieval and Norse models, and I noticed that the only difference is the roof texture, and the types of dormers used for each type. Other than this, there is no difference.

So, I think it would be wise to combine the two. I shall make them with Norse looking roofs, (hay) and western European style dormers.

Is that ok for everyone? That way, it can be used with Norse stuff, and western European medieval stuff.

Sounds good. It's just my personal opinion that medieval is overdone and people want to see somthing else.

Level 31
K, screw the thatch roof idea. I just tried it on my newest model and it looked like crap.

Looks like we are gonna have medieval all the way. ;)

Don't worry, all of you who want something else, it won't take long for me to finish this pack. I am already finished with the first model.

I need to wait for the space pack to be approved first lol. There are still 3 pending models.

Level 31
Well, it still needs particles and other node work, but the mesh and anims are all done. It is a simple model. Not much animating goes on in it. I'll post it here when it's done as a preview of the whole pack. I won't actually upload them till the previous pack is all approved. : )

{EDIT}
Tada.

Tis my preview model for the upcoming model pack. I won't upload them in the model section till my current pack is all done.

Attachments

• MedMines.mdx
    116.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Pic.JPG
    Pic.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Now that is awesome!
It's a pity the mine's texture looks so bad (low quality). It really contrasts with the rest of the building which, like Sephiroth_VII said above me, looks much better. I'm assuming you used the Gold Mine's skin for it? I never realized it looked like that...

Level 6
Pretty awesome model.

I would have preferred some Asian-flavored stuff since all the Japanese/Chinese buildings (save for like 2) are over 800kb but that looks really nice, so maybe I should have voted for Medieval.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Did you try using the Gold Mine's? It might look a little better.

By the way, I've got an idea for the model. Is it possible to add an animation to turn the mining carts' content into gold? Like, «stand iron» to make them transport iron, and «stand gold» to make them transport gold. It's something I've been asking myself about models for a while now.
Then again, it was just an idea. You'd probably have to add it to every other animation (work, etc.), so it could be a little difficult.

Level 6
Also, a little nit pick, your model is more WC3ish than Medieval – there's just no way you could have rails that bend so nicely 500 years ago... and umm, steel? Just a thought, though personally I think it looks fine as it is and actually goes better with WC3.

Level 31
Did you try using the Gold Mine's? It might look a little better.

By the way, I've got an idea for the model. Is it possible to add an animation to turn the mining carts' content into gold? Like, «stand iron» to make them transport iron, and «stand gold» to make them transport gold. It's something I've been asking myself about models for a while now.
Then again, it was just an idea. You'd probably have to add it to every other animation (work, etc.), so it could be a little difficult.

Well, the texture sizes are the same..lol

And, about the anim: I am trying to achieve realism here. : ) So, it is very unreal for thousands of carts FULL of only gold to come out. The gold has to be sifted out of it. :D Thanks for your concern!

Booo medieval. I will see what you will say whenall these things are done for SC2. WIll you still say medieval.

SC2 doesn't come out for a very long time...

Also, a little nit pick, your model is more WC3ish than Medieval – there's just no way you could have rails that bend so nicely 500 years ago... and umm, steel? Just a thought, though personally I think it looks fine as it is and actually goes better with WC3.

Yes, actually metal at that time could be bent just as well as now. If not better. This is due to the care they take in melding iron. They heat it to suck levels that it could be anything really. :D

Level 31
OK, HERE GOES:

Here is a list of models in the upcoming medieval pack that I MUST make. By "must" I mean that if I submit any model of the list without first completing ALL the others in the list, than I must kick myself.

If a model name is followed by "(Check)" that means it is finished. AND DON'T EXPECT TO SEE ANY PREVIEWS OTHER THAN THE MEDIEVAL MINES! And, by finished, I mean the model and the UVW is done. All that remains is the minor stuff like anims and crap. I will do all that in one large batch.

Mining Camp. (Check)

Lumbermill. (Check)

Farm. (Check)

Market. (Check)

Tavern. (Check)

House. (Check)

Arrow Tower. (Check)

Stables. (Check)

Militia Center. (Check)

Barracks. (Check)

Archery. (Check)

Town Hall. (Check)

Siege Workshop. (Check)

Church. (Check)

Arcane Sanctum. (Check)

School. (Check)

Armory. (Check)

Scout tower. (Check)

Castle.

Gryphon Aviary. (Check)

If that isn't enough...well...yeah. Lemme answer a few questions that are bound to pop up.

1: When will you finish?

I don't freaking know, darn it. I will take as long as is needed to ensure that they are so freaking awesome that you will wet your pants.

2: What if SC2 comes out first?

I don't care. Just because some other game comes out, it doesn't mean we still can't mod WC3. Plus, it's not like we will be able to make models for SC2 as soon as it is released... A model editor has to be made and everything else.

3: What if you don't finish?

I WILL FINISH THE BLOODY THING YOU FOO!

4. How will you release so many models at once?

I am not really sure to tell you the truth. I will have to speak with some of the higher ups.

5. What if they all don't get approved?

Then I will probably upload them on a different site. This site's moderating system is crap frankly.
Now, back to work I go!

EDIT: Dungeon is now town hall. The dungeon would have been in the lower levels of the castle. Plus, a town hall is so much more usefull.

ONLY 2 LEFT! D:

EDIT: Shipyard changed to scout tower.

ONE FREAKING MODEL LEFT! D:

Last edited:
Level 14
Lets see here... mining camp...

THAT ISNT A MODEL PACK! THATS ONE STUPID BUILDING!

Oh... I gotta scroll down... oh... Oh!... OHHHH!

Yes, that is quiet a list and a project to take on :p

Im anticipating it, i'll check back tommorrow and see if its done...

~Asomath

Status
Not open for further replies.