• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Elf Ballista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
PRESENT's
Ballista_blood.jpg

Info

Hello Hivers!!

I'm going to show you what I've been doing lately,
This is a Blood Elf Ballista from WoW, I'm going to make it into Wc3
style in Scratch

Tools to Use:
  1. Model Editor
  2. MdlVis
  3. Matrix Eater(new version)

WiP's
0C6w23N.jpg

• This is the First WiP, I already started 3 days ago. And I also gonna retexture the round thing
nPGaUOf.jpg
Zmv4BUK.jpg

WJvyTlO.jpg

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hey now that's interesting. I like that design, and you're off to a good start. In-game textures I assume? If so, I approve.

//EDIT// Go'el, that's true, except was the one in that thread a home-made one, or one ported from WoW?

Level 24
Hey now that's interesting. I like that design, and you're off to a good start. In-game textures I assume? If so, I approve.

//EDIT// Go'el, that's true, except was the one in that thread a home-made one, or one ported from WoW?

Yes, its from WoW (Maybe even ripped)
and it also use WoW texture.
So this is my opportunity to create an ingame one in scratch
Since I really like machines and mechanical units.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yes, its from WoW (Maybe even ripped)
and it also use WoW texture.
So this is my opportunity to create an ingame one in scratch
Since I really like machines and mechanical units.
Ah, that's what I thought/feared. Well then, all the more to you! And when you're finished, if you like Mechs so much, let me know if a Trollish one ever sparked your thoughts... : )

Level 9
PRESENT's
Ballista_blood.jpg

Info

Hello Hivers!!

I'm going to show you what I've been doing lately,
This is a Blood Elf Ballista from WoW, I'm going to make it into Wc3
style in Scratch

Tools to Use:
  1. Model Editor
  2. MdlVis
  3. Matrix Eater(new version)

WiP's
0C6w23N.jpg

• This is the First WiP, I already started 3 days ago. And I also gonna retexture the round thing
this is pretty intriguing Edge, it nice to hear that you're making more WoW inspired models.... Do you plan to expand this thread to your future Model Previews :p?

You are late...
Don't be so harsh Go'el

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Those wheels look great. I prefer the wooden-type architecture to the steam-punkish advanced-ness brassy look to the WoW one, personally.

However, (and this could just be the pose), I feel like it's still very... "empty" on the inside, between the wooden posts. Not sure what to suggest (aside from a floor, perhaps).

Edge45 said:
(But first, I'll help you out Kyrbi0)
Dawwwww... : ) <3

Level 24
Wow, this looks dope.
The effort you put in is just gorgeous. I was also fiddling around with a ballista type thingy not so long ago.

Whoah, I didn't really think you would post here
<.<'', ehh I mean thanks. :)

Dude... That's pretty sick. And all in-game textures to boot? Criminy.

Definitely did a good job taking care of those holes in the middle. Keep on keepin' on.

Thanks aswell, :)

Level 24
Well, long delay, there's Good News and Bad News

Good News is, I finished the model,

Bad News is, It doesn't show up in-game, only its shadow, don't know why. There's no custom skin cause this is in-game textures, I checked the bones, no wierd things (I think), So if anyone who knows this problem, tell me.

Note: If anyone tries to steal this model by distributing it to other sites, I'll report them (I think)

Attachments

• BloodElfBallistaLauncher.mdx
    77.2 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.