• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft Theory & Project Warcraft Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Warcraft has always been my favorite game(games). Ever since Warcraft 1 came out I have been a fan, but Blizzard seems to continuously screw up the story line and over complicate the game play and structure. It is clear Blizzard cashed in on the RPG craze and nerfed Warcraft in the process. By taking away and changing many of the original themes of Warcraft it has become a completely different game. Pondering on all of this, I have decided to try and create a fusion of Warcraft 1, 2, and 3. This will be a competitive Melee type mod(not a campaign) made to capture the lost elements of Warcraft lore and the simplistic gaming structure while at the same time retaining the added elements such as air units, water units, and heroes. New features will include a mixture of units from Warcraft 1 and 2 in both races, forgotten heroes from the Warcraft story line, and eventually completely new Melee type maps made by me; possibly a couple new units for both races. I have decided to call this project Warcraft Fusion for now. I have just started work on it and I already have the bases for all of the Orc and Human units done(sample picture is shown) and have begun working on the buildings and spells for the units. I also have included a preview picture of a new hero you will be able to hire from the Tavern, Sargeras the Demon Titan. Credits to Jigrael, Moyack and 3dmaxhy for the InfernoKnight model. A taste of some other heroes: Lothar from Warcraft 1 and 2, Cho'gall from Warcraft 2, Orgrim Doomhammer from Warcraft 2, Khadgar from Warcraft 2, and many others. The models I will use for all units and buildings will be composed of models from War3Edit and other artists. The time it will take to complete a beta and the quality of the work will really depend on if I can get any volunteers to help with the project. I need people who can help me with landscaping on maps, any artwork needed, and making custom unit and building models. If you or anyone you know might be interested in making this vision become real please contact me.
vg5540.jpg

350qhp3.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
Whoa whoa wtf?

I'm not even gonna read that until you clean that mess.
There is limit how much wall of text can crit you know.

Removed the section of text talking about my theory on Warcraft and why RTS games have gone through such a dramatic change so fast(it was waaaay too long). If you are interested in reading it just request it and I'll send it to you.
:thumbs_up:

Level 10
I disagree when you say that they messed up with the story line. That was only WoW that did that. Warcraft 1 is about the first war the second game is about the 2th war and the 3rd game is about the third war, its as simple as that. When it comes to WoW I can agree that they practially destroyed the Storyline, but still. Its a MMORPG and not a game based to be about story lines considering that there is no Campaign mode on it. But WoW did manage to keep some of the original story line though, and I mean that they've made a new story line which gives them the opprotunity to make WC4, but I know for a fact that they wont even though we cry out for them to do it. They might though.

Anyways, good project as it seems, and sorry for the great disagreeing thing above this. I can't wait to see the end result

Status
Not open for further replies.