• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Moon ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
89773709.jpg

Read-the-Story-of-icon.png
Introduction

Blood Moon ORPG is a map based on the idea of Twilight's Eve ORPG. It's made from the scratch and currently in development stage and hopefully will get to the testing stage and Open Beta Test stage next month.

Blood Moon ORPG is meant to be more team based than Twilight's Eve ORPG was. The game itself focuses on group-dungeon runs beside the usual grinding and questing. Within the game you will be faced with puzzles, the target to find hidden areas or hidden NPCs, challenging bosses who all will act differently and some other challenges. Also you will be forced to do dungeon runs to get items while each dungeon is filled with the already said puzzles and for sure with masses of monsters which makes each dungeon a challenge itself.

Blood Moon ORPG targets to be a group based and a solo based game at once while challenging the player's mind, patience and power of endurance during the whole game without forgetting about the fun factor.​

Read-Me-icon.png
Story

The story of Blood Moon is the following :

Blood Moon is a world full of monsters, myths and beautiful places...oh and it's full of magic. Nearly every monster is able to focus und use this magic of the world and some of the humans living in Blood Moon are able to use it too, even if it's rare. Every living being in this world is just able to use some of the magics. Maybe it's the power of Fire or the power of Light...or it's one of the unholy powers like Darkness or Death...or even Darkness and Light, every magic user is unique in the magic it's able to use. If a human is able to use magic it's known from its 6th birthday, or more exactly when the human is exactly 6 years old, because then the first magic power bound to the soul of the human shows itself by changing the whole body of the human for exactly 6 minutes. For example if the human has the power of fire he's covered by flames. They don't hurt himself but everything and everyone in its range. Thats the reason why every child in this world is caught in a magic sphere for the whole 6th birthday so it isn't possible that it'll hurt someone. One child long ago, so the story says, burned down a whole city because it was scared of the flames suddenly covering his body so it ran through the streets accidently setting the most houses on fire until the whole city burned. Why it happens exactly after 6 years nobody knows. There are several suppositions but none of them is really fitting or even proved.
The second magic shows after 18 years of living. This time the same thing happens again but just if the user isn't able to control its magic at least a bit.
The 3rd and last magic a human being can get shows when it learned to control the first 2 magics bond to his soul. This usually happens in the current Blood Moon generation through choosing a way of magic. There are for example Forma Magus' who focus on creating things or forms with the elements they have, for example an Ice block around his body to stand more damage. Another example are the Magus' Milites who use the magic directly on their body, like covering their fists in flames to increase the damage they deal. There are several of these ways and several different specilizations.
But back to the 6th birthday. On that day, if a magic shows up, the child are send to a village named Greenwood where they are trained to control the magic in their souls. Usually when their second magic shows the trainees go out into the world training and fighting to become stronger and help others.
You're one of these humans, one of the child with a magic talent, and you will find your way to become one of the strongest magicans of Blood Moon.

The-secret-map-icon.png
Map

The map is splitted into 5 cities with their lands.

The first "city" you enter is Greenwood, a small village in the Greenwood Forest and your home.

The second city you arrive at is Churchill, a small, very religious city.

The third city you can travel to is Kingston, the capital of Blood Moon and the royal residence.

The fourth city you enter is Frost Claw, a city at the coldest place you can find in Blood Moon.

And the last "city" you can enter is Heaven's Base, the place Heaven's Army start from to attack Hell's Portal, the door to the fiery depths of Hell.​

Swords-Shield-BK-icon.png
Class Build-up

In Blood Moon ORPG you start as a child with magic talent directly in Greenwood.

After some time you can choose one of 6 different base classes. Each of these base classes have specilizations (in the brackets behind the classes are the magics the specilizations use up to now).

The magic Types are :

Fire
Nature
Darkness
Death
Storm
Ice
Light
Holy
Beast
Demonic
Metal

..and the classes are :

Auxilium Magus Supporter/Warlock Class (Darkness, Death, Holy)

Arma Magus Ranged Class (Metal, Light, Fire)

Pugnator Melee Fighter Class specialized on weapons (Holy, Metal, Beast, Fire, Demonic)

Forma Magus DD Magic Class (Fire, Nature, Darkness, Storm, Ice)

Materia Magus Morphing Class (Beast, Demonic, Darkness, Nature)

Magus Milites Melee Magic Fighter Class (Fire, Darkness, Ice, Storm, Metal, Demonic, Light)

Each of the last specialization have a modus named Anima Burst Which can occur while fighting. This modus is either a powerful spell based on 1, 2 or all 3 elements of magic bound to your soul or an Anima Burst Form which is slightly stronger than its original form. Also this form has a bonus spell which is stronger than the normal ones.​

Chest-icon.png
Inventory System & Item-Types

In Blood Moon ORPG you have a six slot Inventory System. The System is build up the following way :

Top left Slot
Main Hand Slot​

Top right Slot
Off-Hand Slot​

Mid left Slot
Body Armor Slot​

Mid right Slot
Helmet & Boots Slot​

Bottom left Slot
Jewelry Slot​

Bottom right Slot
Misc Items & Potions Slot​

Each slot is just able to carry a certain type of item. Main and Off-Hand slots are used for weapons and shield the rest should be self explaining.

Each hero is just able to carry certain types of weapons. For example Arma Magus is the only class who's able to carry ranged weapons.​

star-icon.png
Features

Gear-icon.png
huge map with masses of secrets and possibilities

Gear-icon.png
lots of puzzles, hidden areas and other things challenging the players' minds

Gear-icon.png
challenging bosses (each boss acts differently)

Gear-icon.png
creep regeneration system (whenever creeps are not attacked for an amount of time it fully regenerates HP & MP)

Gear-icon.png
21 different dungeon with different difficulties

Gear-icon.png
36 different unique final hero classes

Gear-icon.png
masses of different quest

Gear-icon.png
QWERT Hotkeys

Gear-icon.png
Revival Point System (there are several statues at whos position your hero will be revived after walking near the statue to set this one to your revival point)

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] 3rd person camera

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] arrow key movement

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Pray System

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Enterable Houses

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Reputation System

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Personality System

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Custom Camera System

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Custom EXP System

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Custom Inventory System & Interface

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] 90% triggered Spells

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Soul System

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Anima Burst System

Gear-icon.png
[NEW] Item Look and Animation System (Each item shows up on the hero and also different weapons make the hero to use different animations)​

help-icon.png
FAQ

No question asked yet.

picture-icon.png
Gallery (just old screens ; terrain totally reworked)

greenwoodsidelook.jpg

greenwoodsidelook2.jpg

greenwoodriver.jpg

greenwoodforest.jpg

farmyk.jpg

farm2d.jpg

churchillentrance.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312140753.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312140450.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312140340.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312140304.jpg

dungeonentrance.jpg

fariewell.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312141052.jpg

wastelands.jpg

stonehedge.jpg

ogreboss.jpg

cliffa.jpg

centaurdungeon.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312140142.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312140117.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312135941.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312135858.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312135649.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312135440.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312135429.jpg

wc3scrnshot090312135216.jpg

Document-icon.png
Progress

Legend :
Green = finished
Orange = Currently working on
Red = no progress at the moment

Terrain Rework
2/5 areas finished ; 3rd area 90% // 4th area 90%

Hero Rework
60%

Dungeon Rework
20%

Systems implemented
70%

Quests
25%

NPCs/Trainers implemented
35%

Items
0%

Recruitment

1. vJass/Jass Spellmaker
2. System Base Writer (customization is made by me)

Last edited:
Level 11
Sounds cool :)

However you should reconsider making some classes stronger than others, will only result in everyone playing that class to become as strong as possible.
If you want to make some classes harder to get you should give them more eye candy spells or a unique play style (like combo points for example) which doesnt necessarily makes them better than the rest, just more special :) only my suggestion.

Good luck with the map :)

Level 9
Yeah. You might as well generating puzzles, not fixed.

Map Size. From the looks of it, you will need large map ( +doodads ) = big map size (4-8 MB)

Spells. IMO you should try buying abilities shop ( for every job + 2nd job and so forth ).

CONCEPT. GoH has a very good concept about how they bring up the gameplay ( so does Dark Invasion II and TKoK ), so what is your concept that will be new and fresh?

use it.

Items. Use items with abilities like - > Casting Bloodlust for X percentage when attacked.

-Save system goes to Warcraft III. Since this was discovered I got bored using screenshot and writing it down on notepad. Make sure to say it on game!

Beta Testing? Count me in.

-----
Good luck!
( P. S. If you want Ideas, just p.m. me. Heroes, storyline, item desc. . Though don't expect fast replies! Exams are coming! )

Level 19
You know 12 years old is too young for adventuring. Its not pokemon and such.
Maybe a range from 18 - 24 would do.

You know, to make your ORPG different, do as DaFist said. Maybe when the game starts, select a primary attribute. Then on, you can add spells and improve different classes with no "real classes". This allows more results, uniqueness and hybridization.

I also highly discouraged those point to point storylines. Make the world as sandbox or open-world as possible. This gives the greatest feeling in a game, which is exploration (in my personal opinion).

Level 14
I strongly doubt an ORPG project can be made to beta testing for a month as you'v said in your introduction.... ok now that I'v read the 'Features' I am sure this can not be done in a month. 21 dungeons... Perhaps you are overdoing it.
I'd suggest sticking to more earth-bound numbers like 5-7 dungeons.
And yes a 12 years old boy/girl who can become a 'Holy Adept' or 'Armored Mutant '( :O) fighting the forcess of Hell... hm.

I have an old leather hat from my grandfather and I am willing to eat it in a video and post it here if you manage to get from 'in development' to beta testing for a month with all those features you are planing. I don't mean to discourage you by any means but being realistic might save you the time you spent on a map and never finish it because you made it too feature-ized.

Good luck and I hope you consider some of my suggestions.

Level 9
@ FRENGERS :
the terrain is standard wc3...my main parts are the heroes, the storyline/quests, the possibilities, the dungeon and so on. Terrain just takes a underpart of my map so i hope youre not disappointed when i say terrain is basic.

@ Peacehagen :
i know what you mean...if the map will be played ill change that for sure but for now it will stay like that.

@ Da Fist :
there are generating puzzles and fixed ones.
Yes the map is large and the map size is between 6-7 mb for now but ill try to reduce it later.
ability shops wont be added because i just dislike the idea of having ability shops in an ORPG.
what you except to be the answer when you ask for the concept?
tags....what i shall use then for Oo the text is short.
i said anything about the item? afaik not^^ so why do you expect that the items are basic?
-Save system goes to Warcraft III. Since this was discovered I got bored using screenshot and writing it down on notepad. Make sure to say it on game!
what do you mean with that? yes it has a save/load system.

@ Drunken_Jackal :
Yeah 12 years old is too young for adventuring, youre right :D and i also know that its not pokemon ^^ be sure that you dont stay a child ^^ (tip : read the story again to get the way ;D)
Also it isnt a point-to-point storyline ^^ you can enter every city when you reached Churchill so its your choice where you walk but it gets harder in a city which isnt meant for your level^^

@ Lordkoon:
first to your bet :D okay when im able to do it i want you to upload the vid during 1 week from release of the beta^^
Perhaps you are overdoing it.
perhaps^^ we'll see^^
And yes a 12 years old boy/girl who can become a 'Holy Adept' or 'Armored Mutant '( :O) fighting the forcess of Hell... hm.
same thing i already told Drunken_Jackal : be sure that you dont stay a child :D (tip : read the story again to get the way ;D)
Good luck and I hope you consider some of my suggestions.
sure i consider your suggestions :O why i shouldnt so?

@ Chaosy:
Thanks ^^ and thanks for offering help :D what you can do (so ill know where you could possibly help me^^)? vjass, jass, gui, zinc? or even icon creating or something like that? what you were able to do? xD

@ all :
thanks for so much response during not even a day :D +rep for you guys ^.^

Level 9
ahhh you mean saving on your harddrive and then load automatically from there. there are 2 problems^^ 1. i really dont know to do that ^^ 2. even if i would know how to do that afaik you cant choose which character you wanna load and in my map every player will (probably) have several characters not just one so there would occur a problem.

Level 9
okay i looked at this map but i have to say that in my opinion his usage of wc3 cliffs just looks ugly somehow because he used them too much. there were 1 or 2 thing i liked and will try to use in my map but the rest looks ugly...just my opinion.

Level 9
remade the OP completely :D now it should contain all needed informations. also it should be more clear. also added 2 new features.

will add the first screens tonight maybe.

Level 9
completely reworking the terrain so it doesnt use any wc3 cliffs and is more realistic and catchy. will take time because im not a terrainer forcing me to read several tutorials and testing the tutorials before doing things.

will do my best to make it good looking.

screens will be added to the gallery after an area is finished so you can tell me what could be better.

Level 15
claptomanic believe me, every real ORPG lover dont care about terrain. Please focus on classes and dungeons/puzzles ! I am really looking forward for this map, because Twilight eve ORPG for me was best ORPG ever. But sadly there is no new versions.. =(

Level 9
claptomanic believe me, every real ORPG lover dont care about terrain. Please focus on classes and dungeons/puzzles ! I am really looking forward for this map, because Twilight eve ORPG for me was best ORPG ever. But sadly there is no new versions.. =(

have no fear ^^ ill do a terrain thats a bit above average to make it look nice (3rd person cam sucks otherwise^^) and then i concentrate on the heroes/puzzles/quests/dungeons/and so on ;D

and by the way...even if i took the basic idea from TEve ORPG this is a complete own map. the most remarkable differences are:

1) TEve has the standard view setting ; BM ORPG has 3rd person cam
2) TEve's map was small and boring ; mine is big (320x192 atm) and (at leat it will be) with masses of different area (forests, wastelands, mountains, ice lands, dead land, cities, heaven's & hell's outpost) with a nice looking terrain
3) Teve has just some classes and some of them were overpowered ; mine will have a lot more possiblities concerning the heroes and will be (at least i hope im able to do that) balanced
4) the quests you was able to do in TEve were the same all the time...kill X of these, hunt X of these, and so on ; the quests in my map are different all the time (sure there will be something similar you did already sometimes but...)
5) my map has an inventory system

i hope you get what i wanna say...the basic idea is the same but it changed drastically. :D

Level 9
added new screenshots (new screenshots Churchill, new screenshots Wastelands, 1 new screenshot Faerie Forest, complete Kingston Graveyard)

Level 10
1) TEve has the standard view setting ; BM ORPG has 3rd person cam

It's good to see 3rd person camera ORPG's on warcraft 3, but tbh I rather Bird's Eye View ORPG's, just do don't know why. If you could some people may be fussy like me with that, so maybe an option of whether its 3rd person or not could be a possibility. Depends on terrain style really.

2) TEve's map was small and boring ; mine is big (320x192 atm) and (at leat it will be) with masses of different area (forests, wastelands, mountains, ice lands, dead land, cities, heaven's & hell's outpost) with a nice looking terrain

I didn't find it boring, I thought it was good, but more areas are always nice

3) Teve has just some classes and some of them were overpowered ; mine will have a lot more possiblities concerning the heroes and will be (at least i hope im able to do that) balanced

Ironic at the start, you said you were going to make some OP compared to others

Good luck though, map is looking very nice

Level 9
It's good to see 3rd person camera ORPG's on warcraft 3, but tbh I rather Bird's Eye View ORPG's, just do don't know why. If you could some people may be fussy like me with that, so maybe an option of whether its 3rd person or not could be a possibility. Depends on terrain style really.

it would be hard to impossible to see anything in some areas from the Bird's Eye View xD also my whole terrain is/will be made for 3rd person cam ;D

I didn't find it boring, I thought it was good, but more areas are always nice

with boring i meant thats there are no real eyecandy things...just trees, buildings, walls, units, creeps. nothing else.

Ironic at the start, you said you were going to make some OP compared to others

i never said that ill make some chars OP ;D i just said that i make some chars slightly stronger than the rest because they are much harder to achieve ;D

Good luck though, map is looking very nice

thanks :D its always good to hear/read things like that ^.^

answers are green^^

Level 9
after a long time not writing in this thread i just wanna tell you all that this project is still alive ;D

also i updated the features (new features are marked with [NEW]) and rewrote the story completely (the first story was really bad so i decided to make a completely different one ;D

Level 9
sorry....had to take a break from editing because i have to sue (i hope its the right word....in german its 'klagen/anklagen/anzeigen'...the thing with the lawers and the court of law) and that takes a lot (at the moment nearly all) of time....so my freetime beside work, wife and child & other real time things is taken by that at the moment....will get back to work as soon as im able to...

sorry for that but its really important but i will definitly finish my work as soon as i get free time again (or at least continue for the moment ;D)

should have mentioned that...again im really sorry...

Level 9
-changed Story totally

-changed Class Build-Up to the reworked one

-added 2 new Features

-changed the Progress to the current state

Level 9
To be honest I wasn't very impressed with the first few versions, but it's definitely shaping up nicely.

good to hear thats is getting better ;D will do my best ^_^

I must say, this map is going to have some awesome-ly coded spells :grin:
Haha, just joking. But a great project!

a bit too much self-assurance? :grin::wink:

Level 11
I love TWE maps aswell so looking forward to this. But PLEASE whatever you do, do not use arrow-key movement to the map. It is probably the worst thing that has happened to WC3 RPG maps, totally ruins gameplay imo. If you will keep it then please make players be able to choose normal view and movement if they want to.

Good luck!

Level 13
I love TWE maps aswell so looking forward to this. But PLEASE whatever you do, do not use arrow-key movement to the map. It is probably the worst thing that has happened to WC3 RPG maps, totally ruins gameplay imo. If you will keep it then please make players be able to choose normal view and movement if they want to.

Good luck!

I agree use default right click for movements

Level 9
you have 2 setting up to now for the camera....a usual outdoor cam and a inside cam (inside hosues, indoor dungeons etc) and the camera automatically changes whenever the conditions are met for inside or outside.

these cams have some preset settings but you can also set the angle and the distance like you want it to. only difference to the normal wc3 cam is that the cam follows the hero all the time.

maybe ill add a combat cam but im not sure about that.

i made it this way so everyone can choose his/her own favorite setting.

EDIT: added a new feature

Status
Not open for further replies.