• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Off-topic] Grammar Nazism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello everyone. I just received a notification from a team member about how he felt bullied because another teammate criticized his bad grammar usage (despite the clarity of the post's content), not aware of the fact that he does not originate from an English-speaking country. This prompts me to write this thread, having realized how this issue could trigger catastrophic discord within the team.

I will just make it short and clear. I forbid excessive grammar critiquing in team interaction. If one's message is not clear and/or easy to understand, ask him to clarify it. If the clarification fails, wait for someone who can comprehend the content correctly. There is absolutely no reason to hurt a fellow teammate due to such matters. Furthermore, I am sure that I didn't pick anyone with such a horrible English commandment for the team. Thus, do not, under any circumstances, ridicule or insult a teammate's English through any means, including, but not limited to, direct post (sarcasm included), VM, or PM. I am not issuing any punishment, for I believe that there will not be a second case of bullying happening in the future.

Thank you for reading.

Level 23
I personally think people should only correct others when it comes to tooltips and things like that where grammar is required.

I almost never say shit to people that cant type normally mainly because I cant type perfectly as well and there is a lot that people could laugh at me for.
The only time when I quote people for their mistakes is when it is something bigger or in context, like a bit ago I quoted deathismyfriend I believe and corrected him for saying "you should null all local variables" to "you should null all local agents"

I dont even know why Im typing this here anyways lol

Status
Not open for further replies.