• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Ideas Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
What's all this about?~
I'm currently making a map called Era of Ninja, it is over 50% complete and i am in need of some spell ideas. The most important thing to note is this game is one shot kill, so all spell ideas must bare this in mind!

Players have the abilities to dodge(1sec invuln), flash step(a very fast burst movement to the target point) and jump(can leap right over projectiles etc) to avoid these spells(and other threats) with.

Spells come in 4 elements: fire, air, water, earth, and also the 6 combinations of these (you cannot combine more than 2 elements)
Red=Done

Current Spells~
-Flare: Fires a bolt of flame at the target, exploding on collision and killing enemies in a small radius.

-Searing Flash: A giant flare of fire bursts from the caster, searing a blinding white over nearby enemies vision, lasts 1 second and fades over a further 2 seconds. ~Zinive

-Ember: Shoots out streams of fire that remain burning for a short time, any enemies that pass through the flames will be injured. ~Zack1996

-Needed (powerful indirect killing spell)

-Dragon Roar: Releases a giant wave of flaming dragon spirits that destroy all enemies in their path.

-Surge: A surge of electrical energy bursts forth from the caster's finger tips at an alarming speed, killing the enemy on collision.

-Typhoon: A huge tornado expands outwards from the caster's hands, throwing all enemy units flying backwards. Enemy units that collide with obstacles will be injured, reducing movement speed, if an enemy collides with another enemy, then both enemies will be injured. ~Zack1996

-Shock: Charges up a huge amount of electrostatic energy in the casters hand over 5 seconds. Once the caster has fully charged they can release the energy in a sudden pulse through the ground killing all enemies in a small radius around the caster.

-Cyclone: Generates a huge cyclone that throws nearby enemies in random directions when they come too close, if an enemy is thrown into any obstacle it will be killed. If the enemy thrown collides with another enemy, both will be injured. ~Zack1996

-Lightning: Channels thunderous energy for 2 seconds before releasing a bolt of lightning that sears through enemies in its path.

Note: Those who abide by the teachings of the water element can run on water.

-Aqua: Swirls water droplets in the air creating a small vortex of water which is hurled toward the enemy, killing them on collision.

-Heavy Mist: The caster increases the water density in the air making a chilling fog descend over the area, obscuring the caster from sight. ~Kajotex

-Needed (AoE)

-Dry: Dries the target of its bodily fluids by transporting it to the caster. Reduces the enemies move speed by 1% per second, and increases the caster's by 1%, if the enemy does not get far enough away from the caster for the spell to be broken before 20 seconds are up, they will be killed. ~GrandEnder

-Tidal Wave: A powerful wave of water rises at the caster's feet and surges forth a short distance, crushing any enemies in it's wake.

-Stoning: Tears a huge stone from the earth and hurls it at the enemy, killing them on collision.

-Stone Wall: Creates a huge wall of stone at the caster's feet, can be used to defend from projectiles or block off the enemy.

-Stone Circle: Creates a ring of stone at the caster's feet that expands outwards, dragging enemy units with it. Enemy units caught by the stone circle cannot make any actions until the end of the stone circle's movement. If an enemy unit being dragged collides with another enemy unit they will both be injured, and should a unit being dragged get crushed between the stone and an obstacle they will be killed. ~Blaxor

-Mold: The caster molds their body with the very earth istelf, slowly sinking into the ground and becoming dirt and rock over 5 seconds. Once fused with the earth the caster can lay in wait and ambush enemies by leaping from the earth in a surprise attack.

-Expanding Earth: Creates a terrain deformation that moves quickly to the target point, killing everything it touches and leaving an unpassable cliff behind. ~doom sheep

-Steam Cloud: A cloud of hot steam is created at the targeted point. All units inside it will be slowed by 40% and if they stay inside it for more than 5 seconds they will be killed. ~terradont

-Steam Jet: Causes the ground to rupture from the pressure of steam underground, eventually exploding out and throwing any nearby enemy units flying into the air, the closer the enemy is to the jet the higher it is thrown. If thrown over a certain height the enemy will be injured on ground impact, and if thrown even higher the enemy will be killed on ground impact. ~Zinive

-Exploding Gas: Creates a large cloud that is near invisible, the next fire spell that passes through it causes it to ignite, killing any enemies caught by the flame. ~terradont

-Needed

-Vaporize: The caster releases droplets of water into the air around him, periodically vaporizing some. Nearby enemies are thrown backwards and injured. ~Lestat(br)

-Hot Blooded: The caster heats their own blood, increasing the flow speed and dramatically increasing their movement speed, if left activated for too long the caster's blood will evaporate, killing them.

-Needed

-Molten Earth: Lava cracks begin to show through the earth, and torrents of magma shoot upwards, burning nearby enemies. ~Zack1996

-Meteor: Causes a large burning rock to plumet from the sky into the target area, harming all enemies in a wide radius and leaving the ground aflame, burning any enemies that enter the flame.

-Ice Lance: Freezes a strip of water with super-cooled air, creating a lance of ice which can be launched through any obstacles at the enemy.

-Ice Mirror: The caster creates a thin sheet of reflective ice before him, once two mirrors have been constructed the caster can reflect his image between the mirrors, moving instantaneously about the battlefield.

-Ice Prison: Surrounds the enemy with a barrier of ice that must be destroyed to escape. If the enemy doesn't break free within 4 seconds they will freeze to death.~Kajotex

-Pressure Stone: A javelin made of stone is formed and a poweful air pressure builds up behind it over 1 second. When released it will fly extremely fast towards the enemy, killing them on collision. Also has a 50% chance to pass through any enemies or objects it collides with. ~Zinive

-Desert Rider: The caster rides on a cloud of sand as it is propelled through the air by a powerful wind to the target point, knocking back and injuring any enemy units on the way. ~terradont

-Sand Storm: The caster dissapears in a storm of sand, the caster cannot be hit and cannot attack for 8 seconds, in which time any enemies that get too close to the centre of the storm are injured. ~GrandEnder

-Cavitation: Water spills into the earth over a wide area, mixing into a thick and sticky mud, enemies in the target area will have their movement speed reduced by 5% every second, this effect can eventually immobilise units. ~Blaxor

-Mud Slide: Creates a huge mud slide that moves forward, taking all enemies with it(just knockback, no damage). The mud slide leaves behind a muddy ground, which slows enemy movement speed by 40%. ~terradont

-Quick Sand: Large volumes of salt water mix with the earth, quickly turning it into quick sand. Enemy units in the quick sand lose 5% movement speed per second, any enemy units that stay in the quicksand for more than 5 seconds will drown under the sand.

As you can see im still missing a few spells, but dont be afraid to share ideas for elements that are already full if you think your idea is better, because i might agree!

If a unit is "injured" this means they have recieved the injured buff which reduces movement speed by 40% for 3 seconds. Injuries do not stack but do reset the injury timer to 3 seconds. The injured movement speed effect stacks with OTHER movement speed reducing effects.

About Hybrid Spells~
-You cannot combine more than 2 elements.
-They are typically stronger than single element spells
-They must make sense, (eg. air+water = ice. fire+water != frostfire)

This is important and people seem to often forget it so i will say it again; this game is one shot kill.

You can find more information about this map here

If you need yet more information to help generate some ideas, then feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Level 15
Ok, I will give some suggestions cos no one has responded yet.
Fire->
Burst: A ring of fire burst from you, dealing damage.
Fire Blast: Blasts the area with fire, dealing instant damage and stun.
Fire Wall: Summons a fire wall that deals damage to everything it touches.
Heat Wave: Causes a wave of great heat to emit from your hero, reducing the armour of enemy units and dealing slight damage.
Air->
Cyclone: Creates a cyclone that causes enemy units to get thrown around and then land on the ground, taking damage.
Air Force: Forces a wave of air to move in a direction, damaging all units hit and knocking them away.
Wind Ball: Concentrates the air into a ball and throws it at the enemy at the speed of wind. Dealing high damage and knocking backthe target and all nearby units.
Water->
Check out my spellpack. It has 3 water spells ATM :)
Earth->
Avalanche: Causes rocks to fall down at the target point, dealing damage per second for 1.5 seconds and stunning units hit by the rocks.
Tremour: Creates a tremour in the ground, slowing enemy units and dealing damage. The earth will shake in the AoE for a duration, causing slow to the enemy units and dealing further damage.
Earth Slam: Slams the ground, dealing damage to nearby enemy units and causing rocks to fly into the sky. The rocks then hit the ground within a certain AoE of the caster, dealing damage to units hit by it.
Fire+Air->
Flame Twister: Summons a tornado engulfed by fire. The tornado will move in a line and deal high damage to units and slow them as well as set the ground below it alight. The burnt ground will damage units who step on it.
Fire+Water->
Heat Geyser: By heating the underground water, the hero is able to cause a geyser to appear at the point. The strength of the geyser causes enemy units to be thrown into the sky. They will take damage and lose some armour when they land.
Fire+Earth->
Volcanic Eruption: Causes a volcano to erupt below the caster, causing molten rocks to fly from it and hit a random point within an AoE. Fire will also be left at the point where the rocks hit. The fire will deal moderate damage to units.
I'll give more when I have time :)

Level 5
Wow thanks! Lots of good ideas there, only problem is the game is ment to be 1 shot kill, pretty sure i mentioned that :p
Although i am of course having thoughts about whether i should leave my game as one shot kill because it will be very hard to balance.
On the other hand my original reason for making this map was because i wanted to create a balanced 1 shot kill map.

Either way i will probably use a fair few of those ideas, just edited to try and make them balanced in a 1 shot kill scenario. Once the map comes to testing i will decide whether it was a good idea or not and change it to not being 1 shot if necessary.

EDIT: have added some of your ideas now Zack1996 and a few more i came up with too, edited most of yours slightly but have of course still credited all the ones based from your ideas :D Also looked at your water spell pack, and unfortunately the spells arent entirely suitable for 1 shot kill, although i may use the water orb if i can configure it to explode as soon as it finishes expanding, so its like a time bomb that you cast near an enemy that they must run from, but its time is less in water-filled places.

Last edited:
Level 2
Don't know ifall of thise have to be attack spells but how about

Water ->
Ice Prison: Surrounds the victim with ice barriers he has to destroy first
Fog: Altering the the line of sight of the unit for a short period to make them lose orientation and flee
Waterskin: The next spell that is cast on the Ninja will be nullified
Puddle: The Unit morphs into a littlepuddle of water and can merge with the background to materialize again and create ambushes
Water Ball: Shot onto the enemy, pushes him backwardsand disables him for a few seconds (He is caught in the ball or just his hands or something...How about Water Handcuffs?)

Fire + Earth ->
Lavagloves: When activated damage your own Ninja but give a humongus amount of damage and knockback aswell as setting the target on fire
Scorched Earth: Burns the ground, setting everyone on fire who walks over it or blocking entire passageways
Burning Dust: Emits a giant cloud of dust, that limits line of sight and adds more and more damage on units inside the cloud

Air + Water ->
All sorts Ice eh?
Ice Spikes: Hurl giant spikes at the enemy
Barricade: Create an indestructible wall of ice in front of you
Freeze wave: Freeze everything in front ouf you for a few seconds
Force of Nature: Freeze a tree and use it to smash enemies under its weight

Air + Earth ->
Hmm thats tricky.
Of course Dust. flay dust at the enemie, slowing him down as the earth clusters on him. It may go up to a complete stop. He will only be able to moveagain when the dust disappears and he smashes himself out of the earth cage
Boulder: Create a littleStone above a Building or aUnit that draws nearby earth up to cluster on it. You can only destroy the boulder with flying units. It will move with the targetet unit and will smash down on it when it is too big to be held by air. Instakill!

willdo more later

Level 5
yet again some good ideas, and no not all spells should be attack, i do need some non attack ones lol. maybe i should revise atleast one fire one, although fire is generally an attacking element :wink:

but can i ask, did anybody read the first statement ^^ it does say that the game is one shot kill right? cos 2 people have replied now with several spells that deal damage over time etc ^^ ah well i can still use the ideas :grin:

also there are no air units btw, you play as the ninja or the samurai, you can do some really high jumps but not fly ^^

Level 5
Sorry but, although i liked ice prison, fog and dust im not a big fan of the boulder thing, because often players wont be together, you can have up to 6v6, and theres 5 shogun to defend at the start, so until it gets down to like 2-3 shogun, players are often going to be by themselves, this would make the boulder a little too powerful, although i guess it could be an endgame spell but im just not much of a fan of the idea. I am however still pondering over scorched earth and burning dust

Level 2
Were just my thoughts on random spells.
I knew about the "one hit kill" restriction but.. well i can't befriend myself with the idea very much.

But its not your map for nothing ;)

But keep in mind that when you implent spells that can hold units in place the game will have to be very very good balanced... otherwise its hold->instakill, hold->instakill, hold->instakill

Level 5
yea im putting as much thought into it as possible, but there isnt a single hold spell in my game that doesnt atleast:
-defend you whilst ur being held
-give you a way of easy and quick escape
(most escape methods involve using your jump ability! probably the most useful of all the abilities in my map)

the only spell ive been thinking about that i think might cause people problems is quick sand, i have planned it to be pretty devastating... pretty much you have to run away as soon as the ground starts to collapse or you're gna end up under a few tons of sand... but its not one of the top hybrid spells for nothing, and considering a maximum mana of 320(without items) even at the max level of 25, i dont imagine many will be casting it very often without good reason ^^

well, i guess we will see when this reaches BETA testing :) im even willing to do-over the whole instant kill feature if it doesnt turn out well. although the game will still stay in a field of high damage, maybe 2-3 shot kill.

Level 5
that is a possibility, i will wait till it comes to making the spell to see what works best ^^ got quite a few new ones to add now so got lots of work to do hehe, hopefully by the time ive finished making these ones more people will have posted ideas so i can get to work on them :grin:

Level 4
Water+Fire spell: Boiling Water, Damages the target, and then each 2 second the spell's damage is reduced (as the water goes cold). If possible, If the target is in water the damage is NOT reduced each 2 seonds, but each 4.
Fire spell: Ignite: Each few attacks (maybe 10 or 7 in rank 1, reduced each rank) casts a Soul Burn with short duration at the target. This spell I have created in a map I've got somehwere, and if interested in watching the spell (and 3 other cool fire spells), you can PM me.

~ChildeRoland

Last edited:
Level 10
Fire + Water = Vaporize:
Becomes invisible, by touching at an enemy he will jump back due to the burning hot vapor. (Really funny, the player will only see the Bubbles Steam path, and he falling back, but won't be able to attack you)

Air => Whirlwind:
Becomes immune to any attack while sucking enemies to you. If any enemy reaches the center of the whirlwind (yourself), K.O.

Water => Waterwalk:
Sinks into the water
, becoming invisible on it and walking at 522 speed. Can teleport to any spot containing water, if this spot contained an unit, K.O for him with cool water effects. If you leave the water, you become visible at a fading delay of few seconds, still being able to do some sneaky attack.

Fire => Ring of Fire:
Creates a ring of fire around you. Any unit who dares leaving the ring dies. Enemies get 30% slow of attack and move on it.

Fire + Water = Blood Control: (very samurai-ish, maybe there is a better name to it)
Rules over the blood of a target, so he will obey you on his movements.
(Doesn't work like 'charm'. But like this: When ordered to move to somewhere, by an opposite polar offset this enemy would move to the opposite side! When ordered attacking you, this player would be ordered to move a little bit on the opposite direction, this would be awesome and very funny!)

Earth => Flesh to Stone
Petrifies a target, so he will be invulnerable to attacks, unselectable, unmovable and blind for 3 seconds. When he comes back to Flesh, he will have a movespees and attack reduction of 50% slighty going back to normal, over 5 seconds.
(Really good spell, until your enemy selects him, because he will be deselected and black mask will be placed there, so he won't be able to see anything, he will be dead as he turns back to flesh.

hope I helped!

@ChildeRoland: Damage per second wouldn't work. Or the spell kills, or it doesn't.

Level 5
woohoo ninja spells in an Old Ninja Anime style the names of these spells are extreme (except the first one :( )

Fire+Earth:
- Tripwire
A small line of sand raises a little from the earth if any enemy moves over it the whole thing will go boom and kill everything and stuff

Earth+Water
- Mud ball Dragon Shot
A pool of mud is created around the caster which prevents him from moving (not jumping) and making it immune to every other spell. A Dragon head then appears at a random point around the the noob that has been hit by this spell. And shoots a slow Mud ball this either flies into the air (where it will hit any enemy that has jumped) or it will fly over the ground so you have to jump over it. The Dragons disappears and reappears again at a random. This whole thing will repeat like 5 times.

Wind+Earth
- Sandstorm Blade
A large whirlwind will slow any nearby enemies and start throwing earthy stuff at it. You have to avoid those by moving left or right if you jump you will sucked into the whirlwind where you die.

Air
- White Lightning Crush
A unit charges a powerful lightning attack over 1,5 seconds. Once it is finished the unit will rush lightning fast at the position of the target dealing a killing Blow. Jump when the charging begins will prevent that.

- Red Lightning Vortex
The starting of this will look nearly the same as Dark Lightning crush but the charging effect will be red. This spell is also charged over 1,5 seconds. After this it will unleash like 3 lightnings one will fly over the target (hits an jumping enemy) one will fly past the right side and one past the left side. So if you dont move when this spell is channeled nothing will happen to you

- Grand Laser Blast Inferno
This will create several orbs around your target. Every 2 seconds 2 of the orbs will Flash up 1 second later a Lightning will be shoot from one of this orbs to the other orb.

Water
- Shivering Needle Barrage
Shoots a fast flying missile at the target if it dose not hit it will continue it way a short while after this it will break into 5 slower moving missiles and fly in a random direct but anyhow still where the unit that dodged it is now. So a missile may or may not fly direct to that target or to his left side or above him.

- Frozen Domain
A target area is marked with a small feint blue circle (this needs to be hard to see). After 2 seconds everything above this circle is frozen solid and dies.

Fire

- Final Inferno
Caster this will give the unit a buff if a target with this buff dies it explodes throwing randomly large fire balls around.

- Burning Spirit
This will also give a buff however when the unit is hit by a spell which is either fire or earth or a combination of it. It will backfire at the caster with the same spell. So lets say you die because a fire bolt hits you 1 second after your death the Spirit rises and shoots a fire bolt against your killer.

Earth
- Demon Legion Horn attack
Every 0.5 seconds a Demon Horn (well any blade like thing will do) raise from the ground to a max of 6. Once the last as appeared the first will start moving fast against the target slicing it up. A second later the second Horn will start moving until their are no horns left.

Level 5
Woah! lots of comments added >< im at my friends atm so i will check all this stuff out in detail when i get home later lol

EDIT:mad:Rysis: yes it will be similar to ninja vs samurai, that was the game that made me want to make a 1 hit kill type game... although the fact that theyre both based on ninja and samurai is somewhat coincidental. and i promise that this game will give quite a different experience than ninja vs samurai, for a start with all the spells it will be more complex, with also a higher concentration on projectiles and dodging. I would also like to note that your heroes wont run frantically towards enemies when they see them becos your normal attack is replaced with an attack ability based on carrionswarm, except without art effects and short range so its just a sword swing ^^

@Lestat(br): i think vaporize sounds interesting but i dont quite get what your idea for what it does is, think you could explain it in more detail? Also like the sound of blood control, probably use this.

@Zinive: tripwire is one of those basic but effective spells, definitely put that in. Mud Ball Dragon Shot i would abbreviate to Mud Dragon but im liking the idea. White Lightning Crush, i will probably edit the name and im gna use something based on this but slightly different, where if you hit the enemy it shoots the bolt straight through them making it come out their back and can possibly hit more enemies. Again, Grand Laser Blast Inferno, i would change the name of this and make it slightly different, where it targets an area rather than a unit, and a large area at that. And i will probably use something somewhat like Shivering Needle Barrage too :thumbs_up:

Thanks for all the great ideas guys, i should be nearing a full list now :grin:

Last edited:
Level 10
Fire + Water = Vaporize:
The caster becomes invisible. By touching at an enemy he will jump back due to the burning hot vapor.

Air => Whirlwind:
The caster becomes invulnerable. He will constantly move (as if in bladestorm), sucking units to his position. If any unit reaches the center of the whirlwind, this unit dies.

Water => Waterwalk: This ability can only be used in shallow water or deep water. The caster becomes invisible, as if he had sunk into the water. His movement speed is greatly increased, until the spell effect has wore out. The caster will be able to teleport to any region containing water, killing units in an area. If he leaves the water during Waterwalk, the invisibility effects disappear with 2 seconds fading time.

Fire => Ring of Fire:
Creates a circle of fire around you. Any unit who leaves the circle dies. Enemies of the caster get 30% slow on it.

Earth => Flesh to Stone
Petrifies a target, so he will be invulnerable to attacks, unselectable, unmovable and blind for 3 seconds. When he comes back to normal, he will have a 50% movespeed reduction still, since he was just turned to stone.

Well, I hope you understood Blood Control...if an unit was ordered to move to X, and X is 500.00 distance away towards 270.00 degrees, instead he will be ordered by triggers to move to 500 distance away towards 270 - 180 = 90 degrees. (You should deactivate this trigger for a fraction of second, or it would be a never-ending loop)

Level 5
Vaporize:
The caster becomes invisible. By touching at an enemy he will jump back due to the burning hot vapor.

ah i get it now, it sounds pretty good, probably use this

Whirlwind:
The caster becomes invulnerable. He will constantly move (as if in bladestorm), sucking units to his position. If any unit reaches the center of the whirlwind, this unit dies.

as much as i like this, when you move a unit using triggers they cant do anything else, which means people wont be able to run away, so it will definitely kill any enemy thats within sucking range.

Waterwalk: This ability can only be used in shallow water or deep water. The caster becomes invisible, as if he had sunk into the water. His movement speed is greatly increased, until the spell effect has wore out. The caster will be able to teleport to any region containing water, killing units in an area. If he leaves the water during Waterwalk, the invisibility effects disappear with 2 seconds fading time.

there isnt any function that can change a units movement type (foot=>amphibious) so i dont even know if i will be able to make those attuned to water walk on water at all anymore, im still trying to find a way to do this.

Well, I hope you understood Blood Control...if an unit was ordered to move to X, and X is 500.00 distance away towards 270.00 degrees, instead he will be ordered by triggers to move to 500 distance away towards 270 - 180 = 90 degrees. (You should deactivate this trigger for a fraction of second, or it would be a never-ending loop)

yea thats how i was imagining it, almost like a mirror was placed between the two units. although now im thinking about it i cant think of anything that would stop this being overpowered, unless either A: the caster cannot cast other spells whilst this is active, or B: the controled unit can still be used normally, but every time the caster recieves an order, the target recieves the same order, but the person who owns that unit can change the order by designating a new order, so it would be more of a distraction than full control.

Level 23
smoke bomb
creates a large cloud. everyone inside have their line of sight reduced to 100 as long as theyre inside.

ice bubble
creates an invisible wardlike unit on the target point. when destroyed stuns all enemies and detonates any other bubbles in range. caster should possibly have a spell that can shoot projectile on bubble to detonate it.

wind trick
gives greatly increased movement speed and invulnerability for a short duration... but when it ends u are teleported back to the casting point :D

something
fires a dummy that can be ordered as the caster moves. (it will turn to a point u order the caster)

Level 5
@doom_sheep: sry dnt think i will use those, well there will be smoke bombs in the game but i had already thought of that xD this thread only contains element spells, but theres lots of other stuff not mentioned here

@Zinive: hehe yup i just need the spell ideas, i can come up with names myself if you guys cant think of them :xxd:

Level 10
Fire Storm
Make a twister that kill unit standing in its way.

Petrify
make target unit stoned and can't move nor attack

Kamikaze
Set countdown to target unit, when countdown expired it explode the unit, kill unit that near it.

Create Magma(dunno what name)
Change the target location to lava that harm unit that walk above it.

Mud
Change location to mud that slow unit walk in it, after few second, mud will change back to land and harm unit that in the location.

ant lion
summon ant lion that can't move, make location on it change to sand and suck unit that move to near to its. Ant lion is invisible and invulnerable.

Lava sword
Create weapon from magma and wield it, cause a unit to exploded when killed by caster and cause AoE damage. after few minutes when wielder didn't kill any unit, this weapon will explode and kill the wielder. Drops weapon when dead and can't wielded more than one. when this weapon is dropped and not wielded in a few minutes, it will explode and cause AoE damage.

Level 4
Air:
"Thin Air"
Casting unit disappears for 1 second then reappears within a 700 unit radius of the targeted unit. The caster then quickly charges a nuke for .85 seconds to for massive damage. If the caster is selecting by the targeted player though, the attack fails.

Level 10
Water + Earth: Cavitation
Bubbles of water rises through the earth and makes the ground to liquid trapping any units in the targeted area (even the caster) for 5 seconds and those whom enters the area will be trapped for the remaining time of the spell. While trapped units can't move.

Hope you like it:grin:

EDIT: I know the spell sounds like Quicksand but i think Cavitation sounds more original.

Level 5
Hmm i like cavitation and bladestorm (although i would probably rename bladestorm and ofc make it element sounding :p) may well add these, for cavitation i might make it so that it reduces movement by % per second until their movement is 0% then theyre stuck (unless they get out the cavitation ofc)

Level 5
An update which elements you still need would be nice.

Air:

Lightning Warp Shurikan

The caster throws a well not fast but also not slow moving shurikan towards its target point. If it has hit a unit in this time the spell will end if it missed it will be transformed into a lightning flying insanly fast back to the caster and killing off anything in its path. (This Spell will not damage the caster as he catches the Shurikan)

Fire + Water
Secret Art: Frozen Incineration
The Caster will channel a Mighty Spell the target will be gradually slowed over 5 seconds to the point where it can only move with 10% of its normal speed. After this time the Caster of this spell can move freely again and 3 seconds Later an intense flame will shoot out from the ground Killing anything it touches. The second part with the flame can be prevented by killing the caster. The frost cannot be prevented and will last for additional 6 seconds.

Demon Art: Shivering Inferno (only usable near water)
Creates a large cloud of mist around the target blocking its vision. After 3 Seconds the cloud will turn into an Inferno killing off anything within. So the target has to move out of the cloud but that is not easy. The Cloud will follow the target as long as it is near water.

Cold Rage
The caster will inject a violent mixture. The caster will then gain an insane increase in vision sight, move speed and attack speed. At the Same time a mist will cover the caster that slows enemies and hides him from sight (however you will still see the cloud, this will also protect him from any spell that needs you to select him as target). After 10 seconds the casters dies.

Air+Earth
Secret Art: Sky Shatter
in a target Area rocks will start to fall from the sky. Each rock needs 1,5 seconds to reach the earth. The second rock falls 1 second after the first. the third will fall 0.9 seconds after the second and so on. Until the Point where the whole area will be covered with a great barrage of stones.

Forbidden Art: Assassins Spear.
This spell targets an area outside of your vision (it cannot target anything within the vision of you or your allies.) A Spear lick rock is launched from the ground behind the caster to that point. Upon impact it will shatter releasing several sharp shards in the target area.

Ritual of the Broken Earth
This is also a long range spell that needs 10 seconds channeling it can target nearly every area of the map. After Finishing the spell the Earth will shaken throwing any unit in a random angle in the sky then Ice and Earth spike will crush through the surface and impale any unlucky unit that was thrown into the air.

Level 5
@Zinive, if you need to see what elements are still needed, just look at the original post, i do update it, where it says "Needed" i need a spell ^^ some of those ideas of yours are cool, but slightly overkill xD i really like the lightning warp shuriken, but i would rather not involve a shuriken in it, although im not sure how to use it, but when i, or you, think of something i'll add it.

Level 23
Curse
Creates a large projectile that when hitting a unit, gives it curse buff. every second the curse will jump into a new unit if there is one within x range. after some time the curse will kill the unit it is on.

possibly curse should give invulnerability, silence or add/reduce movement speed.

EDIT: added 2 moar spells

Giant Worm
creates a terrain deformation that moves quickly to the target point, killing everything it touches and leaving an unpassable cliff behind (lasts x seconds). after it reaches the point it will stop for 1 second, then go to a random point. repeats x times.

Eruption
at random points in an area, molten rocks burst out of the ground with incredible speed. after x seconds they land and kill stuff from the area again.

Level 5
Yeah but each has its own weakness just jumping wont help you against them but they still doesn't mean you can not avoid death.

Fire:
Chain of Smoldering Faith
The caster shoots a chain instantly at a target unit. The chain is linked on the targeted unit and will move with him. On the other side of the chain is a Firebomb which explodes after 10 seconds in a medium aoe range. However if the target moves away from the bomb the chain will lengthen and if he jumps, stays still or moves toward the bomb the chain will shorten itself. The target however is silenced and immune to all other spells. In order to survive this spell you have to run away fast and wide.

Water
Secret Art: Withering Seal
A debuff is set on the target lasting for 2 Minutes when ever the target uses a fire or water spell the duration refreshes itself. And an Additional Debuff is set on the target called wither. Once you have 3 of these debuffs you die instantly.

Earth
Stone Trick #99
The caster shots a small Bullet like rock on its target upon impact a debuff is set. Once 3 debuffs are applied the target dies.

Fire + Earth
Molten Pillar
First you will see a small rumble in the targeted area. After 1 second a Pillar made of Smoldering Earth erupts from the earth killing everything above it in a very small area. Another second later the Pillar will bask and unleash a tide of lave to its surroundings. So in order to dodge this spell you have to move away from the center and then jump.
(This works like a small flame strike and a nova shortly after the flame strike)

Twin Elemental Fists
One hand gets a earthy glow effect the other hand a fire effect. After 2 seconds of casting time a fist of fire is shots at the target one second later a fist of earth erupts from the ground. So you can only dodge it if you jump forward or sidewards or backwards.

Fire + Air
Rampaging Fire
The caster shoots a fireball at a Location, however the fireball will not fly directly towards it. It will use some zig-zag pattern.

Demon Art: Devils Burning Cyclone
6 Fireballs will be shooted out in 6 different directions from the caster. The fireballs will then start circling around the caster. And of cause follow the movements of the caster and whenever an enemy unit meets such a nice fireball both die.

Air + Earth
Holy Art: Heavens Scythe
The target unit becomes a debuff and a small counter over its head. The counter counts down from 10 if it reaches zero a highly compressed steam of air will hit the ground where the target was 1 second ago. The counter then is reseted (if the target did not die to this). If it reaches 0 the steam of air will erupt from the ground where the target was 1 second ago. This will repeat like 4 times. (If this is possible the steam from the ground will force the unit to jump.)

Water + Earth
Summoning Art: Mud Contraption
This will create a small mud golem which will for the next 30 seconds move slowly towards its target. And will melee once it is within range. However the speed of the golem will increase the farer it is away from its target.

Last edited:
Level 5
I like the giant worm's terrain deformation, although it may cover too much ground if it changes direction, also sounds similar to my Expanding Earth spell which is in the spell list on first post. But i think the terrain deformation sounds gooooood so i will edit the expanding earth like that :D

Level 10
Fire + Earth: Ward of Flaming Stone (Can't come up with a good name:cry:)

The caster places a ward that creates a shield of burning stone around the caster.
The ward will replenish the shield every 10 seconds it's alive (can live up to 60 seconds if not killed).
The shield will make the caster invurnable for up to 5-8 seconds or until it blocks 1 attack or spell.

Hope you understand what i mean :grin:

Level 5
hmm ok seems you still need more

Fire+Air

Infernal Ash Steam
The caster will create a cloud with a small radius on his position (killing enemy units and friends but not self) Then a wind will blow the Cloud in a random direction where it will fly in a compressed steam (something like a laser). Once it reaches its destination the cloud will spread out a bit and vanish shortly after.

Smoldering Cyclone
in a larger area a wall of wind will be created around the caster. In the inside a fire will start to move in a spiral pattern outside of the wall.

Devouring Flame
a Special flame is created after 1 second casting at a target area. After 1 more seconds a small whirlwind is created around the fire sucking all units within the whirl into the fire. After another second the whirl expands to the double size and vanishes after 5 seconds have passed.

Level 5
I like part of the idea of smoldering cyclone, i like the idea of harming enemies in a ring around the caster, so people inside the ring are fine, and those outside are fine, so it takes accuracy to get the enemy but it can kill multiple enemies and is instant, so if you're good with it then it can be a very powerful spell. I will make a spell like this based on smoldering cyclone ^^

Level 1
Fire
Name: Sticking Flames
Description: Incinerates the target, dealing damage to him each second for a set duration. Every spell cast on that target by the fire mage while Sticking Flames is still active, will increase the damage per second and duration of Sticking Flames.

Name: Living Flame
Description: Engulfs the target in flames fuelled by his lifeforce. Deals damage equal to a percentage of the targets current hp. Half of that damage is also done to enemies in 250 range of the target.

Name: Chain Combustion
Description: Engulfs the target in flames, dealing damage each second for a set duration. Enemies that come within 200 distance of the victim are set aflame as wel, dealing the same amount of damage per second. When the initial victim stops burning, all other enemies that have been set aflame stop burning as well.

Water
Name: Aquatic Mastery
Description: Reduces manacost and increases mana regeneration rate when in 800 range of a water source.

Name: Innatural Drowning
Description: Summons massive amounts of water to crash down on the target area, drowning and pushing down all enemies in it. Every enemy in that area takes damage per second and is slowed for as long as they are in that area. Lasts for a set duration.

Name: Mighty Wave
Description: Calls forth a massive wave that drags all enemies it crosses along with him to his destination.

Earth
Name: Earthen Armor
Description: Extracts nutrients from the ground and uses it to form a powerfull armor. Starts by channeling the technique, adding armor and duration for every second channeled. The buff starts when the user stops channeling.

Name: Earthshock
Description: Sends a mighty shock through the earth, dealing damage depending on how close the enemies are and pushing them backwards.

Name: Mudflow Funeral
Description: A powerfull channeling skills that deals damage to nearby units and drags them towards you for as long as you're channeling.

Fire + Earth
Name: Volcanic Armor
Description: Enchances the target with armor made from boiling hot magma. Not only does it add damage, but also deals damage to enemies close to that unit every second.

Name: Wave of Magma
Description: Sends massive waves of slow-moving magma into every direction. Though it moves slow and is fairly easy to dodge, it deals incredibly damage to units caught in it. When the magma waves are done raging forward and come to a stop, they cool down and become rock again. Every enemy unit still standing anywhere the magma has been will then be held for a set duration.

Name: Metallic Meltdown
Description: Using incredible temperatures, the user melts half of the targets armor. Not only does this cut the targets armor in half for a set duration, but the molten metal also deals damage each second depending on how much armor was molten.

Air + Earth
Name: Airvents
Description: Causes airvents to appear underneath random units in the target area every second, knocking the affected unit into the air with a powerfull airburst, dealing damage to the unit when he hits the ground again.

Name: Artificial Desert
Description: Pulverises nearby earthparticles into sand and uses powerfull gusts of wind to spread them over the area. For as long as the sand lies there, the caster is able to teleport anywhere he pleases in that target area by travelling under the sands.

Name: Sandy Winds
Description: Calls up mighty winds to blow nearby sand left and right. This deals damage to nearby enemies, as well as it slows them and gives them a chance to miss. Has increases effect when used in an artificial desert.

Level 10
sjakie all spells that does damage will kill any unit since the units will probably only have 1hp (instant kill map) so 11 out of 15 of your spells won't be usable since they either do damage per second or dealing damage and giving some sort of debuff.. (in a couple of spells deals damage per second and gives a debuff like movement imparing effect)

Level 1
sjakie all spells that does damage will kill any unit since the units will probably only have 1hp (instant kill map) so 11 out of 15 of your spells won't be usable since they either do damage per second or dealing damage and giving some sort of debuff.. (in a couple of spells deals damage per second and gives a debuff like movement imparing effect)

Hehe, maby I should start reading the main post sometime. Appearantly it DOES come handy now and then. ^-^.

Level 10
Yea maybe ^^
Well for the last Earth i got a idea "Earth Nova" (or other name similar to that)
Non targeted spell that creates a circel of stone at the feet of the caster that will rush outwards draging enemies with it (the stones will rush of about 700 units or something). Enemies can leap over the stone and those who are draged to the end will be dazed and will have slowed movement speed for x amount of seconds (depending on how far they are draged).
EDIT!: Those who are hit by the stones and are being draged can't leap out of it (will be like a stun until they get to the end).

Level 5
@sjakie: wow lots of ideas lol, but like blaxor said, its one shot kill, so not so useful. Although i really do like alot of those spell, surprised how many original spells you came up with, you should make an aos or give ideas to some aos mappers!

@blaxor: i actually really like the earth nova, but its not strong enough to be the 5th as it cant kill, but i do want to add it in somewhere, i might make it the 3rd earth spell and make the current 3rd one the 5th

Level 10
i came up with 2 more spells :grin:

Fire: Flaming Steps
When activated it will make the ground that the ninja walks on burn for x seconds (depending on tile wild grass burns longer than normal grass) the spell is active for 5-10 seconds.

Water: Reflecting Water (maybe another name here too :cute:)
When activated the ninja sprays water droplets over a wide area creating reflections of himself confusing enemies for 2 seconds and teleports himself to a random reflection after the 2 seconds.

The fire one can be used to trap enemies and the water one can be used to make fast escapes IF your lucky (you might be teleported to a reflection that is near a enemy).:cool:

Level 5
Okkaaayyy here are some more ideas of mine

Fire:

Flickering Flame
This is similar to the Flame Strike of the Bloodmage but it will not leave a flame patch which deals damage instead the whole Flame Strike will be automatically casted again (by a dummy). This will repeat 2 times

So the caster would target an area. After the 1.33 seconds casting time the Flame will appear and kill every unit within. Then a dummy is created and will cast the same flame Strike on the same position again.

Water

Dark Art: Unlucky Cloud
A Rain Cloud is created over the head of the enemy unit. It will unleash a Hail storm upon its Victim after 7 seconds. This can only be prevented by moving fast next to an enemy hero. The Cloud will then instantly kill that enemy (can be cast on self) But this will reduce the time from 7 to 3 seconds.

Fire + Earth
Demon Art: Burning Scythe
This will create a massive blade like formed flame in front of the caster. The Blade will crush into the ground. Then it will fly towards the direction this spell has been cast. Leaving behind a open rift and of cause kill units it directly hits. The rift however will not kill an enemy unit but if he falls into it he will be unable to move or jump for 5 seconds. (Since it is his own fault for walking in this he will not be invulnerable). This spell would have a range of at least 1500

Forbidden Art: Judgment of Doom
This will call 5 heavy Meteors one by one from the sky crushing directly in the position of the caster and killing him! However the Meteors need 2 seconds each to reach the ground so the caster needs to run away from his position. The Meteors have big area damage and a flame patch is created which burns for additional 3 Seconds.

Imaging this spell like a firewalk but you have to hurry not to die your self. This spell could be used for kamikaze actions or to get rid of followers.

Earth + Air
High pressure Javelin
A Javelin made of earth is formed after its creating time of 1 second it will fly extreme fast towards its target.

Water + Earth
Sacred Art: Hidden Eye
Once activated a replication of the Hero will be created staying in place of the Hero. The Hero then will if activated on earth turn into earth himself allowing him to travel over land with a slow movespeed and vision range. You can then do 2 actions the first is to release an eye (a small unit with a large vision range but short life span, this unit would also have the locust ability so you cannot click it). The other one is to emerge from the ground very fast however you will not be able to use any offensive ability for 2 seconds after the emerge.

When used on water it will be basically the same as on land but you will have a very large move speed and great vision also you will not be silenced. Of cause the effect will end when you switch from water to earth or earth to water.

Level 10
Air+Earth: Thundering Earth
The hero calls down 5-10 lightings around himself (right next to him) killing those who is struct by the lighting.
After 2 seconds the lightings will start popping out from the ground in random locations in a wide are around the caster killing everything the lightnings runs through.
*The spell will also create a storming wind slowing enemies for 5 seconds.*

*optional :grin:

Level 5
hmm is not very earth oriented at all tho, other than, the lightning goes in the ground ^^ air+earth probs one of the hardest to do spells for, because these 2 elements just cant be realistically combined, like fire and water can make boiling water or steam, and earth and water can make mud etc. but air and earth just.. dont really xD

Status
Not open for further replies.