• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

*really* easy model request ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
All I need are squares and cubes with invis texture (someone said it was like white texture with full opacity on it o-o)
squares-
2x2x0
4x4x0
8x8x0
16x16x0
32x32x0
64x64x0
128x128x0

0x2x2
0x4x4
0x8x8
0x16x16
0x32x32
0x64x64
0x128x128

2x0x2
4x0x4
8x0x8
16x0x16
32x0x32
64x0x64
128x0x128

cubes-
2x2x2
4x4x4
8x8x8
16x16x16
32x32x32
64x64x64
128x128x128

That's all I need ^_^. So far I've heard every modeler say that it was really easy, but nobody will do it : (.

I'd really appreciate anyone who did it ^_^. You would get credit for it too, ok : D

no, this request wasn't done yet : P

Last edited:
Level 10
ok wtf invisible models? I don't understand what they could be used for but whatever.

Anyways, you only need 1 square and 1 cube model, not all those different sizes.... that is what the scaling property in the object editor is for.

I've done it this way so it's easy for you - There are 4 models in this pack, 2 squares and 2 cubes. 1 set uses team colour and the other set (cubeT.mdx and squareT.mdx) use the transparent texture.

So what u do is this.... import them all, and make the path for the transparent texture 'transparent.blp' (model paths don't matter). Then create the units that will use the squares and cube and give them the cube.mdx and square.mdx models. These models have team colour so you can scale the units to the sizes you need and actually see what you are doing. Once all units are scaled to the size you need you can then replace the models with the squaret.mdx and cubet.mdx and they will be invisible.

Jorb done

Last edited:
Level 11
Ok listen to me.
Download vertexmodify from oinkerwinkle.com or net or org I don't remember already.
Launch the program.
Open a file which is in the program directory and is placed in its folder named Primitives. The file's name is cube or square I think.
Then scale it, rotate it and play with it with random tools.
Then go to Magos Model Editor and follow tutorials to apply a skin to a texture. You will need a skin 64x64 or smaller, preherably 2x2 pixels for invisible skin. For example, in GIMP or Photoshop you need to select and delete an area to make it 100% alpha. In GIMP 100% alpha areas are shown as black-white grid.
Do the full list by yourself until you achieve finishing the last model. glhf

Typically, if you listen to Archian, you should explain about your map you're making in your request, its progress, and also tell what you need models for. Not like you just did:
Hi I need this list of models
Model 1 Model2 Model3 Model4 Model5 Model6... ...and Model20
if you make then thx bye rocknroll (here rock music plays and the requester leaves the stage)

Level 31
For a map framework =)
Progress: 40%ish

But I don't really have the time to make these models. I barely have time to work on the map framework : ).

Oh well, if nobody wants to do them that's fine, I can get the project moved to graveyard. Can't do the next release without the models : p.

It was for the wc3 community, so if the community doesn't really want it or care, no point to me doing it is there : ).

Level 12
For a map framework =)
Progress: 40%ish

But I don't really have the time to make these models. I barely have time to work on the map framework : ).

Oh well, if nobody wants to do them that's fine, I can get the project moved to graveyard. Can't do the next release without the models : p.

It was for the wc3 community, so if the community doesn't really want it or care, no point to me doing it is there : ).

Oh noez om nomn om!!!

You can just open the model in magos model editor, go to resize and them double the size.
It takes less than 1m.

Or not.

Level 31
Read tutorials!.. :)

that takes time that I don't have right now : ), otherwise I would have never made this request ^_^.

To give you an example-
I was working for 3 days straight without sleep and maybe one 10 minute break every 8-12 hours.

Example of 2 days before-
Worked from the time I woke up, did a family event and got back at 10 pm, worked until 2 am, went to sleep.

Day in between- slept most of the day so that I could endure the next portion

Day after- presented stuff, took a few tests, etc, then slept for 16 hours.

It's been like that for awhile...

Now, I will probably have time to read the tutorials and what not in about 3-5 months... again, that's why I requested this be done.

Level 11
I can ensure you reading tutorials and doing what they say doesn't really take much time. You need to read a basic tutorial modeling 101, and Creating models from scratch.
You will need the following modeling programs: Magos Model Editor, Oinkerwinkle Vertex Modifier, Mdl/x Converter.

Level 3
that takes time that I don't have right now : ), otherwise I would have never made this request ^_^.

To give you an example-
I was working for 3 days straight without sleep and maybe one 10 minute break every 8-12 hours.

Example of 2 days before-
Worked from the time I woke up, did a family event and got back at 10 pm, worked until 2 am, went to sleep.

Day in between- slept most of the day so that I could endure the next portion

Day after- presented stuff, took a few tests, etc, then slept for 16 hours.

It's been like that for awhile...

Now, I will probably have time to read the tutorials and what not in about 3-5 months... again, that's why I requested this be done.

That doesn't seem very healthy.:eekani:

Level 31
Well, basically, no one has to fulfill requests. It is all done by your will. You decide whether to do a request or leave it be. So if no one wants to help, then they have their rights to do so.

I know =).

I can ensure you reading tutorials and doing what they say doesn't really take much time. You need to read a basic tutorial modeling 101, and Creating models from scratch.
You will need the following modeling programs: Magos Model Editor, Oinkerwinkle Vertex Modifier, Mdl/x Converter.

not doing the models : P

Okay, listen never ever triple post, even four posts, press edit when bumped, Delete and Are you sure to delete and save.

lol, look at the dates on the posts ; P

---------------------------------------------------------------
Well, the models as I said, are for a community project. I'm not doing them : P, but if anyone did want to do them, that'd really be appreciated =). Really ok either way though, I'm not on wc3 so I was making this for everyone who still made maps on it : P.

Oh wells =).

Status
Not open for further replies.