• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combat Grid Models (Request)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Is anyone up for doing some modelling for my project... with reputation, credits, and deep gratitude in return?
Well, to the point. I can't remember the measures used in the model editor, but I'm interested in 3 rectangular models:

1) SMALL SQUARE (GREEN)

Scale: 128, 128, flat
Model: A completely flat (transparent) square.
Texture: A standard gray surface with a green frame, so that the square will have green lines along its edges.
The frame should have a thickness equal to about 10% of the entire square.

2) SMALL SQUARE (RED)

Scale: 128, 128, flat
Model: Like Small Square (green), also transparent.
Texture: Like Small Square (green), but with a red frame.

3) LARGE SQUARE (WHITE GRID)

Scale: 384, 384, flat
Model: Flat transparent square
Texture: A standard gray surface, with 9 squares each visualized by a white frame. These frames should of course be
thinner than those on the two other (small) squares, because this model is supposed to look like 9 Small Squares with
white frames.

The scales above are as they should be in the game. I don't know if the model editor uses the same measures. I hope so. Well, it actually doesn't matter as long as the small squares are the
same size, and the large square is 9 times larger than each of the small squares.
Oh, and better add a death animation to each model. That would be nice. Nothing fancy, just have the square appear on birth and vanish on death.

That was all.
So thanks in advance.

////_______/////________/////
EDIT: PLEASE READ FROM HERE ON!!!!

I know someone will read this. I'm editing now because I think this should not be ignored.
Thing is, I had the model editor on my PC. Now my PC is kinda dead for good, and I'm using my MacBook instead. Generally, none of the basic modelling tools are available for Mac. It's possible I know to model for WC3 on Mac, but simply too much trouble.

My request was quite simple, and I know it is being ignored because people are so dead tired of this type of request: "Please make me a flat surface with a texture".
But I really need this model, and it's so hard to find such a model, because people think it's so useless, or because it's too simple that nobody wants to bother with it.
If I had the model editor handy, I would simply load the Lily Pads model from the MPQ (not the floating lily pads), and then make 3 versions with different textures. No need to bother with size. I'd make them all the same size, and make three textures based on the Lily Pad texture. One would be a grey rectangle with a green frame, another grey rectangle with a red frame, and with the last one I'd scale down the first texture, so that 9 squares would fit into it, and make all the frames white instead of green. Then I'd go to the model editor and quickly make three models based on Lily Pad using these three textures. Then go to the material manager and make the surface transparent (for each model). Then add an animation tag, go to node editor, and remove the model at death. There it is.

I'm asking for this because I don't have the means to do it myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.