• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Easy Request (cube)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm looking for a 5 or 6 face cube (bottom is not important).

It would be nice if the cube was 256 x 256 x 768 with the purest of white texture you can find.

I attempted to make one and was successful. However, when the camera wasn't focused on more than half of the model, it would disappear. Maybe I'm missing some setting...

Thanks a lot for your time!

Edit: I found one cube model after searching only in the Requests forum. I tried setting it to my desired dimensions and the problem still occurred...Here's a screenshot (note: the footmen should be enclosed in the cubes)

weird.png

Last edited:
Level 2
I edited your model to my desired dimensions...but the problem like in the screenshot still occurs. Does it have to do with the models height or number of polygons?

+rep btw

Here's a link with the edited model for anybody who wants to find a solution: link

Level 2
The problem is, the model disappears if at least half of the model isn't showing on the screen. Notice how in the screenshot in the first post, the top side of those cubes disappear. I want them to always be visible even if only 1/10th of the model is in view...otherwise it gives this annoying flicker of models disappearing and reappearing.

Edit: I used the "Calculate Bounds" option and that did the trick. Thanks for your help, chilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.