1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Simple cube model request

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by redmarine, Oct 23, 2010.

1. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Since there isn't any StarCraft II request section yet I'll just post this here.

So, I've been working on this project, Keeper, for quite a while now and things are slowly picking up. However, I'm lacking visual resources, such as blocks, which as a result are ruining the overall atmosphere. (If you've watched the videos, now heavily outdated, I've uploaded you'll understand what I mean)

If you're interesting in helping I'm basically requesting a block, a simple cube with the 'hidden' texture wrapped around it. The format has to be one SC2 can read, which is as far as I can recall m3.

Of course, credits will be given.

Thanks in advance.

Here are the texture and shape of the model I'm looking for.
    Texture + cube shape
    [​IMG][​IMG]

EDIT: Decided to simply make the texture smaller. Get it here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...67710-simple-cube-model-request-texture_2.dds

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They have a cube model in the editor.

You can probably just modify the texture paths and use that.

3. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The reasons why I'm not doing that is because I can NOT do data editor related stuff because can't find my way around it. I'm a coder only.

PS: And the 2nd reason why I haven't made the model myself is because I don't possess a 3d editor that can export in m3, and I suck at 3d modeling.

4. Goolygot

Goolygot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did try to export a box with that texture.dds, but I got a error so I can't do it. But when I converted the mold.jpg, to a .dds the size went from 65 kb to 355 kb.

5. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's odd. Have you tried exporting with a different image to see if it might just have been an image corruption?

I also seem to get a gigantic file size. Perhaps I should decrease the image a bit.

EDIT: Really small image.

Attached Files:

6. Goolygot

Goolygot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tryed with jgp to, but that didn't work either.

7. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No problem then. Just guessing that there is wrong something with your m3 exporter or something.

8. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    SC2 will compress .dds files automatically when you import/use them in your map, so don't worry about compression/file size.

9. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I still haven't started using the sc2 editor after beta but when I do my guess would be - Blender the free tool to export to M3. I call it a tool because it's horrible to work with it and I like making a mesh and what I can in ms3d then just export. But Blender requires Python and that also gives error, just letting you know how you could export to M3. I still haven't started working around SC2 to see how Blender does that.

10. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My friend who does 3D modeling using Blender hasn't found a working m3 exporter so I gave up on that.

I'd appreciate if people could keep this thread as clean as possible and not post irrelevant information that there isn't any use of.