• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple cube model request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Since there isn't any StarCraft II request section yet I'll just post this here.

So, I've been working on this project, Keeper, for quite a while now and things are slowly picking up. However, I'm lacking visual resources, such as blocks, which as a result are ruining the overall atmosphere. (If you've watched the videos, now heavily outdated, I've uploaded you'll understand what I mean)

If you're interesting in helping I'm basically requesting a block, a simple cube with the 'hidden' texture wrapped around it. The format has to be one SC2 can read, which is as far as I can recall m3.

Of course, credits will be given.

Thanks in advance.

Here are the texture and shape of the model I'm looking for.
mold.jpg
cube.jpg

EDIT: Decided to simply make the texture smaller. Get it here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...67710-simple-cube-model-request-texture_2.dds

Last edited:
Level 19
They have a cube model in the editor.

You can probably just modify the texture paths and use that.

The reasons why I'm not doing that is because I can NOT do data editor related stuff because can't find my way around it. I'm a coder only.

PS: And the 2nd reason why I haven't made the model myself is because I don't possess a 3d editor that can export in m3, and I suck at 3d modeling.

Level 19
I did try to export a box with that texture.dds, but I got a error so I can't do it. But when I converted the mold.jpg, to a .dds the size went from 65 kb to 355 kb.

That's odd. Have you tried exporting with a different image to see if it might just have been an image corruption?

I also seem to get a gigantic file size. Perhaps I should decrease the image a bit.

EDIT: Really small image.

Attachments

• texture_2.dds
    76.7 KB · Views: 163
Level 22
I still haven't started using the sc2 editor after beta but when I do my guess would be - Blender the free tool to export to M3. I call it a tool because it's horrible to work with it and I like making a mesh and what I can in ms3d then just export. But Blender requires Python and that also gives error, just letting you know how you could export to M3. I still haven't started working around SC2 to see how Blender does that.

Level 19
I still haven't started using the sc2 editor after beta but when I do my guess would be - Blender the free tool to export to M3. I call it a tool because it's horrible to work with it and I like making a mesh and what I can in ms3d then just export. But Blender requires Python and that also gives error, just letting you know how you could export to M3. I still haven't started working around SC2 to see how Blender does that.

My friend who does 3D modeling using Blender hasn't found a working m3 exporter so I gave up on that.

I'd appreciate if people could keep this thread as clean as possible and not post irrelevant information that there isn't any use of.

Status
Not open for further replies.