• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sketch: eel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This eel lives in my aquarium, hes about 2 feet long. I can only see his head, the rest of his body is always hidden inside rocks. This is unfinished as after some time I lost interest in him because he kept bobbing his head.

Level 21
Really neat, and kinda awesome that you have a pet eel, but I'm just wondering what color is he and what does he eat?
All I know about eels is that they just conduct electricity and defend themselves with this, and I would like to know more about them.

Level 11
Is this done for scientific or artistic purposes?

Purely for artistic purpose.....

Really neat, and kinda awesome that you have a pet eel, but I'm just wondering what color is he and what does he eat?
All I know about eels is that they just conduct electricity and defend themselves with this, and I would like to know more about them.

He is muddy brown with tiny Yellowish - Brown spots.
I suspect he is a freshwater moray eel, as the pet shop I got him from didn't mention what species it is. But I found pictures of similar looking fish on the internet with the name Freshwater Moray Eel. I'm still not sure what species is it exactly. Hes huge & I have provided it with a separate tank of his own, I also suspect that he is nocturnal as he is very shy of light.

Edit: It Eats only live prey, I feed him live shrimp & guppies.

But I'm quite sure that its not an electric eel, I have seen them in the wild, they're much larger & they're also blind, while mine has got big bulging eyes.
Interesting fact about Electric eels, they use the their electricity to not only shock predators but also to find their way in muddy river depths using their electric currents as sonar.

Status
Not open for further replies.