• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

how can i downgrade windows 7 to vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
i know plenty about the differences between vista and windows 7. user account control can be turned off in vista but in windows 7 only its warning level can be configured. in vista games for windows live games can be played offline but in windows 7 they can only be played online. vista gets more compatible with each service pack while windows 7 gets less.

You can't downgrade windows 7, because it's whole new system.
If you have vista OS just install it. Don't forget to remove current one (format part on your HD where windows 7 is located).

Btw windows 7 is much more better than vista (well in some fields), check some online forums and sites, maybe you can ignore or fix problems you have right now on w7.

Level 21
windows 7 was actually built on vista. according to all of the information i found it can be downgraded to xp or vista. the only information i found on downgrading to vista was on a microsoft sit i believe. i didnt however find out how to downgrade. that is why i asked here.

Level 34
I'm pretty sure they only allowed downgrading for a short period after Win7 came out. Also businesses have more privileges with downgrading.

Also, don't do it. Win 7 is the best OS Microsoft makes. Unless your computer can't handle it, it's a terrible idea to change.

Level 21
I think personally think that Windows 7 is awesome, and if you like vista then go ahead and get it for your computer. Nobody is stopping you.

Level 22
The majoiry of threads here posted by 1 ..
For the sake of making another 10 threads filling half the space: divide your HDD memory to drives, so leave C just for windows and all the rest things on other drives to not have to delete or move all just for changing windows ten times..

It's better to just wipe out windows as even if you could make secondary OS, it would take you space and is not practicable to have, decide which you will use and remove entirely the one you dont want. Use C drive just for OS not for games so that you dont have to wipe out all and it is better than keeping all on C.

If not Win7, XP SP3 would be your 2nd better choice..

i know plenty about the differences between vista and windows 7. user account control can be turned off in vista but in windows 7 only its warning level can be configured. in vista games for windows live games can be played offline but in windows 7 they can only be played online. vista gets more compatible with each service pack while windows 7 gets less.

Also you so wrong, go ask Ubisoft support how to run your game on Win7, removing it over that is silly unless your PC is too bad for it.

Level 14
No offense. But don't go back to Vista. The amount of threads you have made in Computer Tech that you created are mostly about Vista. I don't see how you manage to run into so many problems. Have you ever thought that the problem with your computer is not the Operating System but the way your using the Software that your encounter problems with. If you go back to Vista you may encounter 10x More problems than with Windows 7. You don't know.

Spend some time figuring out your new OS.

Level 21
i want to play games for windows games offline. i need vista or xp for that. windows 7 have to many restrictions for me. vista can start up even with a memory stick inserted but that doesnt work in windows 7.(it crash every time.) windows 7 doesnt have the classic start menu while vista have it. i want a different system than windows 7 and i want to downgrade but, i dont know how.

Level 18
no , you're just a dumb dude that asks about stuff you don't even know when you could google and find stuff easily.
First if you turn off user account control in win7 it turns Off TOTALLY not just the warnings
didn't you read good?.
second You can Play OFFLINE windows live games. who told you that you couldn't?!

third Windows 7 isn't build on Vista, it's a totally new Os that was build with microsofts Source software (basic engine and stuff).

what you are saying is just totally invalid go search google it takes less than a minute.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
l i dont have any vista cds. i do however have windows 95, 98, 2000 and xp cds. l
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
what you just said just proven how bad your computer is maybe even pentium 4 or less
have you though maybe that the thing that is bad isn't the os and maybe is your comp?
if not then it's your brain.

Level 21
my computer is brand new and i cant play games for windows games offline there. it demands that i log into games for windows live to play. windows 7 was built on windows vista, just ask microsoft and they will tell you.(they told me.) according to what i found out it is possible to downgrade from windows 7 to vista but i still dont know how.

Level 51
my computer is brand new and i cant play games for windows games offline there. it demands that i log into games for windows live to play. windows 7 was built on windows vista, just ask microsoft and they will tell you.(they told me.) according to what i found out it is possible to downgrade from windows 7 to vista but i still dont know how.

What the heck are you talking about? If it is true what you are saying, might it be that you want to play a MULTIPLAYER GAME that is MULTIPLAYER ONLY? >.>
Otherwise, it isn't possible. I have some "games for windows" games, and they are SINGLEPLAYER. I don't need to log in to somewhere, I don't even have WIndows live.

And no. Windows 7 is not built on Vista. WIKIPEDIA IS YOUR FRIEND. It is similiar built, but it's not it's base. And god damned, if you don't stop being a dick and always know something better, then go somewhere else. Seriously, how can you know that the thing you found out isn't false? Maybe the scource of information isn't alright? Never thought of that? Jeah, that might be a surprise for these little children: NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS ON THE INTERNET MUST BE TRUE.

Omfg.

Level 21
i can play the game offline in vista but in windows 7 i cant because it demands that i log into live. in windows vista that game comes with 2 modes offline(no achievements) and online. in windows 7 i can only use the online mode. if i refuse to use the online mode in windows 7 my only alternative is quit. on wikipedia windows 7 is referred to as an upgrade. dont blame for the fact that microsoft takes shortcuts with their systems. lets get back on topic shall we, how do i downgrade to vista from windows 7.

Level 21
as if i can remember such addresses. i found plenty of articles on downgrading windows 7 through the yahoo search engine though. i did however find something on the games for windows profile creation screen that i had missed. i figured out how to play games for windows games offline. i do however prefer the design in vista, specially since windows 7 comes with the dangerous internet explorer 9.(it draws power directly from the hardware, thereby eventually causing it to shut down. i had that problem with diablo 2.)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
andreasaspenberg, if your processor supports virtualization, just virtualize a damn copy of XP or Vista on it. Might have some performance penalties but you only need to use the virtualization for stuff that Windows 7 cannot do.

I have upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and have never encountered any problems. I do admit that there is a chance my installation is not as efficient as a clean install but it that should have no impact on how it runs applications and only how fast it boots.

Level 21
i dont want windows 7. it have very few compatibility issues with games though. it do however tend to expand windows i try to move and that cause a lot of problems for me. nt based systems supports installation of multiple systems. i really want vista rather than windows 7.

Level 11
Damn, this thread is better than qq threads on WoW forums!

Dear andreasaspenberg, you clearly have no clue whatsoever of what other people have posted, so let's try this:
No Vista CD, no "downgrading".
m'kay?

Level 20
...HOW ABOUT you bug people on a computer tech forum, you know where there is a lot more chance of people being able to help you? Either that or just listen to the mounds of people that have already told you how the hell you do what you're trying to do (though why you'd want to do it is beyond me)... *face-*******-palm* !!!

-> Backup your crap

-> Buy a vista CD (yes you have to pay for it... )

-> Stick it in your pc

-> Follow the on-screen instructions...

Level 15
the dangerous internet explorer 9.(it draws power directly from the hardware, thereby eventually causing it to shut down. i had that problem with diablo 2.)

gtyygtggyuhgrinrtbyubbtbthrghbbbthnbthgbbtbbgtr rtbrtbtbbrtbrtbrgtbbrgfibhrtur7tnurthhbrthththnirrnghtyhhjyhtgnyh

That was me hitting my head on my laptop out of lack of things to say. You are so entirely ignorant of how computers function that it amazes me you have figured out how to post on a forum.

IT CANNOT BE DONE WITHOUT A VISTA DISC, END OF STORY.

Status
Not open for further replies.