• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #22 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

texturing.png
contest.png

number.png
2.png
2.png

results.png

TrollAttack.png

Troll
Make a custom texture for a troll model. Transform it into another kind of troll (Jungle, Forest, Ice, Dark, Sand or Zandalar) or do whatever you want as long as it stay being a troll. You may also base your troll on any other in-game model!

prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

Red's Mummified Troll

Shading
Excellent shading. The depth between bandages, facial ridges, and the metal crown under the mohawk are all clearly visible in game.29/30%

Concept
I've never thought of a troll as a candidate for an undead or mummified unit but the result is unique and works well with the model. It fits with the vanilla WCIII unit types.40/40%

Details
The facial details are strong. I would have preferred to see more detail in the eyes than a black hole but I understand the choice. The axes could also have used something more, perhaps torn pieces of bandage indicating that the troll was buried with his axes and ripped them free upon reanimation. The bandages show well in game.27/30%
96/100 Total

UgoUgo's Dwarfed Troll Geek

Shading
The chest armor, face, and central wood joint are well done. The claws, boots, and wrench could use work. The face pops out at you in game which draws attention to surrounding detail.25/30%

Concept
It's a natural leap to see a dwarf troll pursuing technical means to make up for size and strength. It's almost too obvious, but fits perfectly into WCIII.38/40%

Details
I like the wood texture, however it tends to blur slightly in game. The body armor is spot on. The muscles could use more tone and contrast.25/30%
88/100 Total

Just_Spectating's Pirate Troll Lord

Shading
Shading on the skin and shoulder armor is clear. The beard is far to uniformly white. I would expect dirt patches.24/30%

Concept
The design idea suits this model perfectly. It's an agile smart unit suited to tropical environments. The execution falls short though in that there is not a great deal of detail alteration.36/40%

Details
Without the name it would not necessarily be clear that this is a pirate. I expected to see patched pants, facial scarring or an eye patch, perhaps a periscope on his back or cannon balls, even a parrot. The unit appear clear in game but it simply reads like another kind of troll (I like purple skin) rather than a lord of the high seas.22/30%
82/100 Total

Pirate Lord - Just_Spectating

Shading
The shading is fine, I like the shading on the cloth and nose, but the pants is like metal not cloth and the brush thingy shade-shade on the face is too visible, maybe he can make it better.23%/30%

Concept
The Shadow Hunter model is perfect for a pirate troll, and he made well. It looks too piraty and thats good for it. Also, dark troll is not so fitting since most dark trolls live in forest areas like ashenvale, he should maybe made a new troll type(sea trolls) to fit it better, but that don't disturb the skin much :)39%/40%

Details
The quality is too high and don't fit other Warcraft 3 units. Some parts look bad if wrapped, like the ponytail something and the wood at the back. But the bandana, clothes and tusks looks great!24/30%
Mummified Troll - Red

Shading
The shading is just wow. I fits the game. Speechless because of the nice shading30%/30%

Concept
I knew there will be an undead troll entry-but never expected a mummy! I love the idea, it fits the model. But I really curious about the axe...I feel weird in it.38%/40%

Details
It looks very fine, but the quality is a bit higher that the game's, which is still okay. But the ears need work...26%/30%
Dwarfed Troll Geek -UgoUgo

Shading
The shading is neat, just one problem, since the Robo-Arm uses just one part of the texture, the shading is the same. That's just the skin's fault.29%/30%

Concept
The idea is very good. Turning the goblin's technological style into a troll's style was good, especially the wrench or what you call that. The clothes, it's a bit weird, I can't explain but it's really weird.35%/40%

Details
The color are nice, but why is the Robo-Arm too orange? Also, it's good that UgoUgo recolored the skin into a greener one, to give it more Jungle Trollish.28%/30%
Scoring formula: J1+J2/2*0.75 + P/Ptot*25

Red

96+94/2*0.25 + 61/97*75 = 23.75 + 47.16 = 70.91
(96+94)/2*0,75 + 61/97*25 = 71,25 + 15,72 = 86,97

UgoUgo

88+92/2*0.25 + 22/97*75 = 22.5 + 17.01 = 39.51
88+92/2*0,75 + 22/97*25 = 67.5 + 5,67 = 73,17

Just_Spectating

82+86/2*0.25 + 14/97*75 = 21 + 10.82 = 31.82
82+86/2*0,75 + 14/97*25 = 63 + 3,60 = 66,60

Rankings
Red