• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut Horror Project - Dualism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but it's gunna be messy.. lol
Oh...How? I misread that... Well
Ok
  • RemovePathers
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set D = (Picked destructible)
          • Set D_Type = (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • D_Type Equal to Pathing Blocker (Ground)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Location = (Position of D)
              • Environment - Set terrain pathing at Location of type Walkability to Off
              • Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Location)
            • Else - Actions

Using anything under the enviroment tab causes an unfixable leak :p

Destructables that wont be removed during the game cost more memory than anything in environment. Removing all pathing blockers would significantly increase the smoothness of a game. Saying that changing environmental pathing is a leak is like saying placing cliffs are leaks.
They are of course but 10,000 leaks is better than 10,000 dustructables.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@xorkatoss
Thank you very much!

I kept the video 24 fps instead of 60 due to me wanting to just do a quick update. I'll make something more fancy after the beta is released.

It has gone 2 months since I started this project, this picture that I am about to show you is the first picture of Dualism that was ever taken. This picture is kind of emotional to me seeing how far we've actually come with this.

242d6vt.png

Also here is a update:
I just finished all the pathing for the HUGE forest part. It took me a very long time to do but it is now done.

To do list:
-Pathing for castle + all minor houses.
-Content for 60% of Dualism (triggering and all that good stuff)
-Release

Last edited:
Level 14
By the way Adrian, you do realise that if each tree needs a pathing blocker you can simply change the pathing for the tree right ^.^?
No need to put pathing blockers in each tree...

Also, I was thinking: why not use fade filters or something alike to create hands?
As in seeing yourself holding a candle or seeing your hands move while you walk?

This has been done before...
Take a look at the gun filters of this game for example:
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/sharpshooter-online-map-of-the-week-2.92828/

Last edited:
Level 20
Level 14
@Hashjie

Do you realize that it will take lots of time to get those images to go realistic? Well its not that hard but it will cause some heavy lags if you try to make the hand movements smooth which increase the images count that is needed and you need to put a lot of time for it.

Yes it would take a lot of images, and lag can be prevented ofcourse...

How I would create so many images at once?
Create a 3d object, animate it, record it and cut it up into single images. Problem solved.

It would be quite some work to do it, but you'll even be abled to use high-end modelling programs that are used today by big companies.

I'm talking ofcourse about z-brush, mudbox, 3ds max, maya's, blender, basically you can use anything to create the hands + animation for this.
Just make sure that the canvas has a different color contrast then the model itself so that it's easy to cut it out in photoshop or any video editing programs that support single image convertion.

However, I heard something about day and night models making fade filters black or something?
I'd like to hear more from Sverkerman about this ;)

Level 14
Well maybe you could just crop out the Arms and the areas around it, then use the cam. The model would't collide so much with the cam, I think.

Erm I meant that you could create a model with animation and then use something like a "digital greenscreen" to cut out the animation (rendered into a movie).
(search for video chromakey removal tools)
An example:
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-chromakey-after-effects-255531/

After that all you have to do is make sure the movie file is converted to single images.
This way you can use the seperate images to create the fade filter.

What I am worried about however, is the size of the map when importing all these images...

I'm not talking about an actual model placed within the game.
(Allthough this might be a good alternative when done correctly)

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
This idea has already crossed my mind and there is a problem preventing me from implanting it.

When using DayNightModels all fade filters becomes black. As far as I know there is no way around this unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@shinji
Not at all, there are no problems at all with my project as of right now. Even if I knew a way around DayNightModels making all fade filters black I still wouldn't use it to make fade filter animations for the lantern and what not, it isn't really needed.

Also update time!

All pathing blockers has been placed! (over 3000, do not worry, it doesn't cause lagg!)
Today I've been working on the begining area of Dualism and by the end of today it will most likely be done!

Level 4
shinji said:
That's a problem.

Rather not.

Fade filters are black, because... let's say, with enabled DNC script they are treated as models (actually, as textures) which aren't lighted. By trial and error, you can notice that fade filter colours depends of lighting in map center.
You have to place your Start location and few* (5-7) lighting models perfectly in the middle of the map.
Or just edit in War3ModelEditor this Light2.mdx (in sample map) and make in node manager ommni light radius 5-7x bigger)
Beyond that, place also one dummy unit (owner = player) with the huge sight radius.

Attachments

• DNC.w3x
    17.8 KB · Views: 45
Level 20
Rather not.

Fade filters are black, because... let's say, with enabled DNC script they are treated as models (actually, as textures) which aren't lighted. By trial and error, you can notice that fade filter colours depends of lighting in map center.
You have to place your Start location and few* (5-7) lighting models perfectly in the middle of the map.
Or just edit in War3ModelEditor this Light2.mdx (in sample map) and make in node manager ommni light radius 5-7x bigger)
Beyond that, place also one dummy unit (owner = player) with the huge sight radius.
hmm...i took a look at that map and it seems to be a nice torch system but why you can see the floor being "divided" into "squares" at the middle of the map?o_O

Level 4
hmm...i took a look at that map and it seems to be a nice torch system but why you can see the floor being "divided" into "squares" at the middle of the map?o_O

System? It is using only 4 actions.

Hmn... "divided" into "squares" ? Do you think that I would upload something faulty here? Anyway, there is nothing like that. Check your Wc3 Graphic settings. Perhaps you have lights set to Medium or low.

maddeem said:
Or you could locally change day/night models when someone views a fade filter.

No, he cannot. Hands as the filter with alpha channel won't be applayed on the entire screen, through the entire game with turned off DNC script.

Level 6
i already view this project when its on early stages and i view a sverkercraft on youtube and i really like what sverkerman review a map. So i decided to support this. Actually at the end of the Dualism trailer i got scared on the sounds to this is a very horror RPG.I view alot screenshots and videos. i also like on the way how domound castle is made. I also inspired on this map not on the things on it but on how sverkerman really do this project enjoyable, original and directors cut. Sorry for long comment but i really like the way sverkerman do his project. I make some maps but it looks boring so when i view this thread it gives me an idea how to make a map more enjoyable although i dont know C++. Well i dont mind to join to be a BETA TESTER cause i contented to help on developing the map by SUPPORTING and GIVING POSITIVE COMMENTS. I hope SVERKERMAN will make the map the way he said it.Anyway i just want to ask why you spend money on doing this?,as you said its free. Well this map has is very great to the other maps because it has been spent a lot of time and effort and MONEY. I think i would suggest to continue making maps using WC3, more maps...

AND AGAIN this is Neo_Sluf supporting this map 100%

Level 20
lolololololololololololol 10:11 that's me:D although that's not how xorkatoss it's pronounced xD
it's more like horkatoss since the X in greek is actually an H but oh well nice try:p

EDIT:
13:30 oh god pronouncing my name badly again xD

EDIT 2:
well ontopic now, you need to think a lot about trying to live through a wc3 map, everybody has this dream lol

but you should also think the fact that wc3 is like 10 years old and with each year the population keeps falling, pretty much the only reason wc3 is still alive is bcz of Dota and i doubt it will be when the stable ver of Dota 2 comes..

getting back your 600 dollars/euro will be extremely hard unless all 10,000 viewers donate 1 euro xD

i will support you by donating if you can w8 like a year so i can turn 18 and make my own Paypal account:p

although don't expect that im going to donate like 100 euro lol, probably 10-25 euro since that's how much i can afford..

well wish you best of luck with you project;)

Level 20
I wish I could help you too. But I have no money. Sorry. I'm a student.
lol im a student too u know:p and having no money is impossible, im pretty sure when you were younger every x-mass and bday you had, all the money you got from your relatives were stored in the bank by your parents just as mine did aswell..
so stop making up excuses and donate him 100 euro!! lol jk

Level 14
lol im a student too u know:p and having no money is impossible, im pretty sure when you were younger every x-mass and bday you had, all the money you got from your relatives were stored in the bank by your parents just as mine did aswell..
so stop making up excuses and donate him 100 euro!! lol jk

Exactly. I'll donate to you as soon as I get my own money if I don't forget.

EDIT:Energy drink for you. Click!!

Status
Not open for further replies.