• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W.I.P plox by Mr.Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.
and..... an other wip... fiou! CRAZY PEOPLE! I'M TELLING YOU CRAZY!

I've been drawing for the past 5 hours now D:..:goblin_jawdrop:

it's awesome :D :goblin_yeah:

although, I better get some sleep soon :goblin_sleep:

who made these emoticons? they are awesome :D :goblin_yeah:
MOUhhahaha

Attachments

• Leviathan4.png
    Leviathan4.png
    464.7 KB · Views: 1,811
Last edited:
Damn Goblin, that's insane! Any backstory for that one? You said 'second WIP' without any first WIP. :p

EDIT: I just realized... That's for the concept art contest. Err, why do you post the WIPs in your WIP thread? :p
Instead of in the contest thread, that is.

not feeling like it, beside I don't want people to go

''THAT'S IT! FUCK THAT!'' = emo quit

happened alot of times in the past, and no I'm not always the one caussing it. just think of Supa- or TDR when they were around in modeling competition, or me and Viiva in Icons context..

so yeah :\

if people want to see my wip, they come here..

I'll show my final product there tough

Dude, don't be so overconfident, other people have nice entries too, just look at viiva. :p
Seriously though, people like to see WIPs in contests, I'm sure no one will quit just because someone has a very nice looking WIP.

it's not being overconfident, it's about, letting people draw and participate... and indeed viiva has an awesome entry :D, didn't expected less from ''Bananahunt :D''

anyway.. new wip

Attachments

• Leviathan5.png
    Leviathan5.png
    528.9 KB · Views: 1,907
Goblin... That's nice. But I see you didn't take my idea for the tentacles D:

It's just way too much green atm IMO.

I'll see about it, but honestly, does it really mather?

I mean, humans look monotone to me if you ask me? :D
Gorrilas too... so are a few dogs type... and a fuckload of fishes

but I see what you mean... but I don't think it,s important.

I think the only thing I should change, is to change the bright green for a darker green, just to make it abit more scary and ''lives in the deep'' fealing.

Amazing Mr.Goblin! :)
But I've to agree with Debode, the tentacles are very "monotone-ish".

Edit
I just looked up some squid and octopus pictures and the "monotone-ish" thing actually works fine.

But what about the suction cups on the tentacles?

Look wise, it would look better, but concept wise it would be damn stupid..

octopus have cups, because they eat with it, they capture their pray into these tentacules with these suction cups, to be abble to slowly eat the fishes by leading them into his mouth (under the head, the jonction of all the tentacules)

so.. adding suction cups on the tentacles, would obviously mean that the Leviathan eats by his ________

so... I see your point, but again, concept wise it's just...WRRRRoooong...

I'll see what I can do tough, I might add some skin designs like snakes have or fishes etc. again, I see what I can do, but lets all agree, it's not fun to rework something you've took 8 hours to make and youtough it was done..

bawwhh.. will see honestly, I see myself more working on a new drawing and taking these tips into consideration than to rework this one.

Will see, beside, this is far from being the only under water creature concept I'll make.

This one is just 1 creature from a X number of one that will be part of my ''conceptual world'' :p

Sooo.. I,ve been building the Mok'notor slowly... and here's 1 of their primal ''farm beast'' even tough they don't really have farms :\

anyway, I present you the Equa'losk
In Mok'notor it means ''Ground stumper''

The idea comes from 3 sources of inspiration.
- Rhinoceros (basic shape and facial horn)
- Bears (Fur design)
- Bison (Fur design)
- triceratops ( Skull shape)

So than, you can know from where I'm inspired :p

Attachments

• Equa'losk copy.png
    Equa'losk copy.png
    339 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

That really puts the Mok'notors in perspective to humans. I mean, that's one buff animal they got there compared to our horses. Nice work!

Level 23
This really is a nice idea. However there is one smaller issue I would like to point out, the hair on the downside on the face could be solid aswell, I'm not sure, what you try to aim for here. Maybe making this a bit clearer would be good.

Apart from that: lovely!

That really puts the Mok'notors in perspective to humans. I mean, that's one buff animal they got there compared to our horses. Nice work!

Thanks mate! :goblin_yeah:

This really is a nice idea. However there is one smaller issue I would like to point out, the hair on the downside on the face could be solid aswell, I'm not sure, what you try to aim for here. Maybe making this a bit clearer would be good.

Apart from that: lovely!

It's actually just fur attached to their chin, just like goats have, because since they live in Cold temperate weathers, they need a lot of fur to protect them from the cold.

and an other beast concept that is builded around the Mok'notor..

I present you the Qualak'talouk
in Mok'notor it means ''Giant of the mountain''

not so sure about it's concept. I mean look wise, I'll keep the creature, but they might not be the ''biggest beast around'' I'm looking for... so perhaps in the futur they will be smaller and called differently, and a new beast concept with the same name and same description will be replacing it.

:goblin_jawdrop:

Attachments

• Qualak'talouk.png
    Qualak'talouk.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

and an other beast concept that is builded around the Mok'notor..

I present you the Qualak'talouk
in Mok'notor it means ''Giant of the mountain''

not so sure about it's concept. I mean look wise, I'll keep the creature, but they might not be the ''biggest beast around'' I'm looking for... so perhaps in the futur they will be smaller and called differently, and a new beast concept with the same name and same description will be replacing it.

:goblin_jawdrop:

These are some really unique concepts you're throwing out! The face looks kind of like a camel with horns and whatnot. :D
Not sure I like the squirrel tail, though, but it does add uniqueness to it.

I want to see a movie where a Mok'notor fights one of these.. oh, I'll keep dreaming for a while. :3

These are some really unique concepts you're throwing out! The face looks kind of like a camel with horns and whatnot. :D
Not sure I like the squirrel tail, though, but it does add uniqueness to it.

I want to see a movie where a Mok'notor fights one of these.. oh, I'll keep dreaming for a while. :3

The day I'll have over a month of spare time and that I'll be a beast in drawing things in motion, I promise you I'll make a drawing of how the ''hunting looks like''

Ok my quick review.

The satyr bard is ok. The chest area is too high. the legs need clear anatomy, because they are all the way in front.
The leather satch is too strait, bend a little as the bad slumps on the ground.

DO! construct the horns, so they look like two same shaped horns in different perspectives! If you know basic 3D, u can model quick horns and take a screen shot, just for the correct. shape

Now for the beast creature. I did a quick edit.
Basically all light, highlight, shadows on the beast are all the same! Same tone color and value on every part of the creature making it flat.

Choose the most important area, make it stand out, push the unimportant things in the back, and the parts that are closest need to be brighter.
Variate the color, texture, value, tone, ets.
So, in that edited version I done zero painting. I have placed a watercolor filter on some parts, brightness and contrast, color balance, and hue/ saturation slider.
Just modified the colors and values of the image a bit.

Hope this helps!

Best! Keep at it! U are almost there. Make some of that next level shit!

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 162
  • LeviathanFinal!.jpg
    LeviathanFinal!.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 135
ok my quick review.

The satyr bard is ok. The chest area is too high. The legs need clear anatomy, because they are all the way in front.
The leather satch is too strait, bend a little as the bad slumps on the ground.

Do! Construct the horns, so they look like two same shaped horns in different perspectives! If you know basic 3d, u can model quick horns and take a screen shot, just for the correct. Shape

now for the beast creature. I did a quick edit.
Basically all light, highlight, shadows on the beast are all the same! Same tone color and value on every part of the creature making it flat.

Choose the most important area, make it stand out, push the unimportant things in the back, and the parts that are closest need to be brighter.
Variate the color, texture, value, tone, ets.
So, in that edited version i done zero painting. I have placed a watercolor filter on some parts, brightness and contrast, color balance, and hue/ saturation slider.
Just modified the colors and values of the image a bit.

Hope this helps!

Best! Keep at it! U are almost there. Make some of that next level shit!

luv you! <3

sooo don't ask me where the fuck that idea came from, I just drew it, started from the mouth and everything involved by itself.. god I love to draw...

it's basically someshort of scavenger, that steal stuff and eat small animals.. and raw meat...it's a creepy character actually :\ :goblin_boom:

I wonder if I'll ever work on it after this post :\

not so sure.. meeh.. will see.

Attachments

• Hermit1.png
    Hermit1.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Hermit copy.png
    Hermit copy.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 140
Finally... god... I have a 3 hours of spare time until going to bed.. fuck feels good..

anyhow.. here's a new drawing, made out of fun, and a bit by nostalgia (don't insinuate anything from this)

Goblin berserk, I might need your help on this one, I'm training my proportions..

/Mr.Goblin looks at shiik >.>

Attachments

• Goblin Berserker.png
    Goblin Berserker.png
    301.1 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:
Level 51
Finally... god... I have a 3 hours of spare time until going to bed.. fuck feels good..

anyhow.. here's a new drawing, made out of fun, and a bit by nostalgia (don't insinuate anything from this)

Goblin berserk, I might need your help on this one, I'm training my proportions..

/Mr.Goblin looks at shiik >.>

Whoa, looks awsome <3

the leg looks better but now he lost that "hanging" feeling, compare the 2 pics to see what i mean, and I thought it looked much cooler in the first one!

I forgot to upload the last pic, he's less stiff now, and I know exactly what you mean...that's why I changed it :p

next WIP , I'll be starting to add the colors and shading.

Edit = Started to add colors :goblin_yeah:

Attachments

• Goblin Berserker.png
    Goblin Berserker.png
    336.6 KB · Views: 10,026
Last edited:
Level 6
As allways you impress with your works Mr.Goblin - Would you mind if I ask you to make this Goblin a Wallpaper? I mean it's really impressive - and I would like to have this as a wallpaper xD...Maybe a background and it's 100% wallpaper:)

As allways you impress with your works Mr.Goblin - Would you mind if I ask you to make this Goblin a Wallpaper? I mean it's really impressive - and I would like to have this as a wallpaper xD...Maybe a background and it's 100% wallpaper:)

that was my goal from the beginning :D

so sure!:goblin_yeah:

Level 6
a lil ideea after you finish the character:)...for the background maybe..He can stand on a barrel or smth? not on a rock:)...well it's only my ideea:D maybe you will make your own

But by now this is so damn great

Level 31
the right foot (talking about my point of view) is a bit wierd. The part of the shoe that is made to touch the ground when he walks isn't 3D.

it's abit complicated to explain when you don't know how to say it :p.

If you don't understan (cuz my explaination Sucks) i'll draw what i want to say.

the right foot (talking about my point of view) is a bit wierd. The part of the shoe that is made to touch the ground when he walks isn't 3D.

it's abit complicated to explain when you don't know how to say it :p.

If you don't understan (cuz my explaination Sucks) i'll draw what i want to say.

you mean those spikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.