• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zoom's DnD Villagia 1.1

Reactions: UndeadImmortal
Zoom_Zoom_Zoom. / IamtheRPer Presents

Zoom's D&D: Villagia! (v1.1)
Created by Zoom_Zoom_Zoom.

Map Info

Based off of TitanHex's VD&D, Zoom_Zoom_Zoom. (Z3.) has been making editions to the map for nearly 5 years. The original templates for Vuen consited of three regions, a large jungle, barrens, and a snow region. These regions had no doodads or decorations, only the flat terrain textures (maybe with some hills and rivers).
Zoom decided that the reason that other RP maps such as SotDRP and DoBRP were so popular were because of the previously set-up locations that the maps held. Because of this, Zoom began to approvingly edit the Vuen maps, adding small places around the map. These maps soared in popularity past the original Vuens maps and other members of WarCraft III began using Zoom's template for their own ideas of locations.
Zoom took a hiatus from WarCraft III and has recently returned to bring back one of his ultimate D&D editions, the Winter Wonderland.

Villagia does not entirely abandon the idea of flat openess, but provides many places that could be used for zones that would not be able to be created in-game with the JASS systems. There are still open places, and trees can be destroyed by the Dungeon Masters (see features) to re-create open lands.

Zoom's DnD is meant to combine the great elements of older RP maps such as Secret's of the Depths and the smooth openness of Vuen's DnD.

Features

There are three categories of "users" in this map.

• Dungeon Masters
    The gods of the map, the Dungeon Masters control what the story is inside the RP, using the console provided for them at the middle/bottom/right-ish part of the map. Dungeon Masters can give players gold and timber, they can spawn items, units, buildings, create groves of trees, gates, walls, and anything needed for a good story.

Dungeon Masters are required for the game to play, primarily the GreyDM, for he/she must choose what Heroes are available to the players to choose from at the start of the game. Otherwise, the DM number doesn't matter as long as it's >= 1.
  • Players
    Players are those who control their characters and adventure through the creations of the Dungeon Masters. They level up, obtain items, kill creatures and receive gold, and primarily do what characters regularly do in classic Dungeons and Dragons, minus the character sheets.
  • A.I
    There are two A.I, Yellow (Friendly) and Red (Enemy). These are what Dungeon Masters use instead of having to go into the map and create individual forces per faction. Don't worry DMs, you can change the colors of units incase you're not a fan of red/yellow.

Having a full Player count is usually recommended, because it can be a bit boring with only a few people.

Some other stuff about map

The map is entirely unique and created by Zoom_Zoom_Zoom. for this map only.

Many models were downloaded from TheHiveWorkshop and all credit is placed where credit is due! Thank you, Hive!

The map will be available on MakeMeHost (as well as older maps such as Remastered X) incase you can't host the maps yourself and are having troubles finding the games.

Change Log

Frozen Wonderland has been scratched, despite it's nice terrain there were way too many bugs.

The Custom_E000 error has found a solution. It turns out that it's created by the Pointer moving. So when you get that error, it's moving. However it has been fixed (hopefully permanently this time), If it keeps happening, what you want to do is make it so it sits still and doesn't move. Then hit ESC.

[/hidden]
Author's notes

This map should not be edited without my permission as well as Vuen's and Titanhex.

I, Z3. am available here on THW as this user and on WarCraft III I am "Zoom_Zoom_Zoom." (With the dot!) on USWest and East, I do not enter the Asia/Europe realms.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
D&D, Dragons, Dungeons, and, Medieval, WarCraft, Fantasy, RPG, RP, open world, progressive, DM, Dungeon Masters, Characters, Levels, Skills, Abili
Contents

Zoom's DnD Villagia 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet18:38, 3rd June 2013 Map Approved Zoom's D&D Frozen Wonderland (Version 1.0) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet18:38, 3rd June 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Zoom's D&D Frozen Wonderland (Version 1.0)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Zoom's D&D Frozen Wonderland" is a extreme build role-playing game where some players can be the heroes of the map while the host can be the dungeon master itself!.

"Awesome reach! this kind of maps really put excessive time to finish and good for exploring rpg type of ideas, no much problems found such as leaks or bugs but beginners playing this kind of maps can be a problem."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is wonderful, but it could add some hills or so, for now it looks cool."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall this kind of maps is a must but as I said problematic when it comes to beginners, anyhow can be approved."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 9
Hooray, more DnD RP maps. Although, fix the description by either using -Kobas-'s Description templates or VK's Description Generator. If you do that, 4/5, and voting for approval. Edit: Are you Zoom Zoom? If not, have you asked permission from him to edit/upload his map?

Level 2
Bug

I encountered a small... no... a big bug here:goblin_wtf:. I don't know if it was my problem or what.

When I(Dungeon Master) clicked High Elven Swordsman, suddenly everything bugged and it gave me something called ECustom_0000 something, and then I am only able to respawn the pointers. After alt tab, the bug is gone.

This is an image of what happened when it bugged me with ECustom_0000:
http://postimg.org/image/818stwphd/

Level 9
None seem to comment much, because there's only a small amount of roleplayers in the hive. Edit: By the way, You have 2 Gameplay Screenshot tabs. The other one are the screenshots themselves, and the other one is the change log. Fix that.

Level 18
I encountered a small... no... a big bug here:goblin_wtf:. I don't know if it was my problem or what.

When I(Dungeon Master) clicked High Elven Swordsman, suddenly everything bugged and it gave me something called ECustom_0000 something, and then I am only able to respawn the pointers. After alt tab, the bug is gone.

This is an image of what happened when it bugged me with ECustom_0000:
http://postimg.org/image/818stwphd/

Dear god, just got that bug. That's awfully bad. I'll see what I can do to fix it, I don't even know how it happens.

Level 5
Well When you want to update it Please add somthing that we can change units name, by it and change attack type and add more units, i need a shipyard but i cant find some units are missing and add the question mark for quests Please I really like your map <3

Level 2
Nice map, I love it, just continue with his develope , well , about the _E000 errors I think is a good solution but sometimes the pointer get stucked, and I cant do anything like move or stop.
And i have a question:
How i use the indoor tiles like : Woodplanks, " I try to use them and i cant.
I hope you will continue with this map :D.

Last edited: