1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Steel's DnD RP (Beta 1.03)

Submitted by Steel_Stallion
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Steel's D&D Roleplay
Created by Steel_Stallion

Information

Steel's D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) is a roleplay map following suite after other popular Warcraft 3 maps of the same genre, namely Vuen's and the less commonly known BSM RP. The aim of this roleplay was to strike a balance between D&D inspired elements, action oriented roleplay, and character driven stories and interactions, brought together with powerful DMing tools adapted from the likes of SotDRP and XRP. This will open up the once thought to be daunting task of DMing to be more accessible and familiar to new comers, although only the technical related part of it.

For those unfamiliar with a D&D roleplay map, the Dungeon Master (DM) creates an adventure and storyline for the players who play it along according to the DM's rules and limitations, while roleplaying their own unique characters amongst each other.

Steel's D&D is a roleplay map through and through. If you're not familiar with the concept of roleplaying (Not RPG, "RP"), then this map probably isn't for you. It goes beyond merely playing it as an RPG, and that's not the intent. It's supposed to be a character driven, story based experience!

Features

-Unprecedented amount of character customization;
*Over 10 races, most with both genders.
*Fully animated models for every weapon type. No more "punch" animations for arrows!
*Over 100 custom items, including weapons and armor.
*Models modified to fit chest, face, head attachments, and more!

-Powerful DMing tools, adapted from commands from SotDRP and XRP.
-Character Sheet and custom class system. Put points into multiple classes, 11 classes to choose from.
-"Interact" system. Observe and interact with other characters and objects around you.

Change Log

===
-More fixes and stuff
-Added new builders
-Darkness command now player specific instead of applying to everyone
-Multiboard made cleaner

===
-Fixed buildings moving
-Adjusted hero nighttime vision from 350 to 750
-Fixed building build times
-Added Set Boundary
-Rock Chunks are now targeted as "trees" (cannot be attacked)
-Shops now neutral
-Creeps no longer follow you indefinitely, now return to camp again.
-Fixed DM designation
-Fixed Necromancer and Monk classes disappearing with bow
-Fixed alliance commands
-Added "ally me" and "unally me" commands for DMs.

1.01:
===
-Terrain updated
-Tier 4 items added (Incomplete)
-Documentation updated
-'fa buildings fixed
-Hero worker classification fixed
-Alliances fixed
-Vision fixed
-Designating other DMs fixed
-Added Set Boundary ability to spawner
-Item Stacks now infinite
-Monk, Druid and Necromancer classes added.

1.00:
===
-Initial public beta.

Credits

Map by Steel_Stallion
DM Triggers adapted from SotDRP, originally by Narks.
Models originally by Tenebrae, General_Frank, modified with animations/chest attachments by Steel_Stallion. Various contributions by Kitabake, KC, General_Frank, Tenebrae, Archon and CloudWolf

Author's notes

This is currently a beta. It isn't complete, and not all features are implemented (Hunger and Stamina are not yet complete).

The reason for this release is that I can only bug test so much on my own and my closed circle of friends, and the map is functional enough for a public run. The terrain isn't complete either.

I'm open to all suggestions. Please post any constructive criticism below, any suggestions, bug reports and so on.

To those who know me rather well as a creator of a multitude of roleplay maps, this will be my final contribution to the Warcraft 3 roleplaying community. I hope you've enjoyed my roleplay maps, and will continue to enjoy them along with this one.

Have fun!

Keywords:
XRP, SotDRP, roleplay, rp, rp map, rpmap, steel_stallion, steel, DnD, D&D, Dungeons and Dragons, Dungeons & Dragons, Vuen's DnD, Vuen, Vuen's,
Contents

Steel's DnD RP (Beta 1.03) (Map)

Reviews
12:44, 7th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Map works and the description is decent enough. Approved, but someone else will have to write a review for this, I really don't know how to play roleplaying maps.
  1. 12:44, 7th Sep 2011
    Vengeancekael:
    Map works and the description is decent enough.
    Approved, but someone else will have to write a review for this, I really don't know how to play roleplaying maps.

2. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Placeholder.

Please post your suggestions/bug reports.

If you're not a roleplayer, or have not played any warcraft 3 maps of a similar nature, you may be lost here. I'd appreciate it if a moderator who is at least some what familiar with these maps to inspect this one!

3. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Oooh character customization you say, hmmm... Checking this out.

edit:

*You go through the wall, not through the doorway
    *Why type '-hero' in the beginning, why not directly go to the character selection
    *Some indoor carpets would be nice

Aaaaand I give up. I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  4. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, you should probably read one of the many disclaimers I've pasted all over the description.

-Pathing error with the doorway. I didn't know what else to use since the doorway is one model including the wall, and I based its pathing off a regular gate (it behaves the same way), it's irrelevant because it's a roleplay but if you had an idea as to what to use instead for pathing I'd be grateful!
    -Becuase you're supposed to be able to repick your character through the same command, and it's quite disorienting to rush straight from the loading screen to character selection, considering the DM might want to explain a few things before people pick their characters (such as the background and story)
    -I'll add indoor carpets, thank you.

Again, you probably don't know what to do because you haven't roleplayed on Warcraft 3 before! Also, I should probably add in that this isn't a single player game, and it's pretty pointless to play alone anyway.

If you're familiar with table top Dungeons and Dragons, this is what it emulates, albeit not exactly. It's suited to a Warcraft 3 environment. Thanks though!

5. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice you actually made one, I look forward to playing this with other people now.

Note: Though I haven't played it yet just a suggestion ever thought about adding some pre-built stuff? Like say a town so you can get people situated right away.

6. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I do have plans to do just that, actually! I found it a slight nuisance to have to make mundane, "staple" locations such as your typical town and tavern.

My focus as of now was to get everything functional, so the terrain isn't completely whole yet. But there are some prebuilt areas, and the large divided section at the top will eventually be all fully built interiors and such!

7. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I am gonna test it :)

8. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated, 1.02. Fixed a heap of bugs, should be more tolerable to DM with now!

9. Alukard-

Alukard-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool map dude, looking forward to seeing the terrain!

10. AerialRaid

AerialRaid

Resources:
    Resources:
    The arrows seem to completely disappear when using the fine elven bow, is it? The most expensive bow combined with the +20 arrows, after one shot, all arrows are gone and it states that I have no more arrows to shoot.

I wish I was in that closed group of friends :(

Strange, felt like I was before.

11. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ^^ lol.

Map's now on MMH, I'll be giving it one more final update soon, fixing all the bugs and adding some more content in one go.

12. Vlad727

Vlad727

Resources:
    Resources:
    Steel Stallion,
    there are some door models that you could use like
    This one

I hope you will find it useful.
    I luv RPG-maps, so make more and keep on improving

13. Somebody Madman

Somebody Madman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map and thing what i love most in your map is that there are drow elves! :D

14. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    you can set the walls pathing to none then use pathing blockers to ensure that units go thru the door and not the wall...

I'll try this later... though not a fan of D&D based RPGs (I like fast action H&S RPGs... haha)...

wait, can I play this alone?

15. Pfosten

Pfosten

Resources:
    Resources:
    i havent tsted this map very intesive , i had only a 10 minute look at dming and i think this is a coll map :D
    but if u try to send buildings away u can only send undesd bulidings away so it doenst work ...

but carry on making rpg s i love em :D

16. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be updating this further but I've just started school so I'm a bit occupied.

17. Genius

Genius

Resources:
    Resources:
    When's the next release Steel?

18. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know, eventually I guess. I'm waiting on 1.03 to hit MMH so I can get some proper feedback.

Cause hey, we all know if it isn't on makemehost it isn't going to get hosted nowadays.

19. deaththekid

deaththekid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    KEWL!
    Gonna try it now:)