• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steel's DnD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
2i935on.jpg

Download

Shamelessly advertising.

I enjoyed a few roleplays on "BSM RP", but found many problems which sort of hindered the experience. I couldn't get in touch with the developer of the map to sort it out myself since he's inactive, so I just decided to build up my own DnD map from scratch. It abandons Vuens and BSMs rather clunky DMing system for something more familiar to roleplayers on Warcraft 3, to say it practically uses the same commands as SotDRP and XRP is no understatement.

Customization was a big part of what I wanted to accomplish here. You can customize your own classes with a system sort of inspired by what DnD does anyway, putting points into Fighter/Wizard/Rogue etc. to whatever combination you please. Also spent a lot of time editing models from a variety of sources. All of the models are fully animated according to what weapon you're wielding, and armor attachments work. Turned out pretty well.

This is a public beta, it isn't finished. There is a severe lack of builders for the DM to utilize, and only about 3 tiers of items for the players, and the Monk and Druid classes haven't been added in yet. But I thought I'd upload it anyway since the best way to test this sort of thing is through the public.

I'm hoping to polish up the map and finish it before the end of August, which is when I'll be going inactive for a long period of time again. So please get your suggestions/bug reports etc. in real quick like, you can post them in this thread. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it and put in as many suggestions as possible before I leave.

This will be my last contribution to the Wc3 roleplaying community. Have fun.

Last edited:
Level 2
OH EM GEE

its been like a year?? or some few months since i last played RP (yeah bec i have no reliable source of news about releases of RP something X_x)

:O!!
I like the map, its so wide and wooot think that i can place some stuffs!!!

{BTW i have a question, its about saving the game in RP maps, how come when i load it results an error or error loading? :O, old rp maps ive been using is in ver. 1.20 (game ver) }

Level 2
Nooooo!!!! now who's gonna put the, [unit shops] (<- i think what's its called< )]!!!
:((

are you gonna develop other RP map again??? :O !!!
I be playin it for another D:!!!!

Level 17
I know very few roleplayers still actually check this forum, but I was hoping someone would pass by and help convey this message;

I've been getting PMs and emails concerning the maps development, and my friend has been telling me people in game playing this map always inquire about its buggy state and future development. The answer is that I'm not on Warcraft 3 anymore, and I have no interest in developing this map anymore. Both for lack of patience with the remnants of the roleplaying community here and other obligations that take up my time.

It's in high demand, however, and I have no reason not to release the map unprotected for anyone to develop. I'll be doing so when I get home in May (I study abroad).

Status
Not open for further replies.