• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Rampage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Zombie Rampage
Presented By
Pitakebab

[r]
Story
Apocalypse is on the door! Nearly all the mankind has been wiped out by fearsome virus of unknown origins. Most of the people infected by the virus die, but some turn into bloodthirsty cannibals or even worse... You're one of the few survivors in abandoned city and you're surrounded by hordes of victims of the virus.

Information
Zombie Rampage is (obviously) zombie shooter single-player (for now) minigame. Idea of the map is to survive 9 waves of zombies and bloodthristy mutants. Every wave is 150 seconds long, except the boss wave doesn't have a time limit. So the game will last only about 25 minutes (if you manage to survive that long).

Middle of the game area is the base with weapons and item shop. The base is protected by four gatling turrets, but don't except them to offer too much safety. So don't get stuck in the base, there's only one exit. From weapon shop you can buy weapons for the marine to use. There's 10 weapons in the game: Combat Pistol, SMG, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Super Shotgun, Light Machinegun, Rocket Launcher, Minigun and Plasma Cannon. LEFT-CLICK ON ENEMY TO SHOOT!! Faster you click, faster you will shoot (except with weapons with low rate of fire).

From item shop you can buy armors and other useful items eg mines. But most important, the only way to heal yourself in the game, is to take stimpack from the shop. Stimpack will be used instantly, so you can't heal yourself outside the base. It also takes 60 seconds before new stimpack is available, so use them visely. You can also buy first-aid kits those restore your healt to 50 when you run out of hit points. So if you die without first-aid kit, the game is over.

You can carry only one weapon in the inventory, the rest are placed in the backpack. You can switch weapons by typing hotkey of the weapon as chat message during the game. CHECK THE QUEST LOG FOR WEAPON HOTKEYS. You can sell weapons you don't use to get money for stronger weapons and equipment. REMEMBER TO RELOAD WEAPON BEFORE SELLING TO GET FULL PRIZE. Weapons have unlimited ammo, but after the ammo capacity runs out, you will have to reload, which slows your movement speed by 25% for two seconds. Reload always when there's no enemies near.

Characters
You can choose from any of the following:
Excellent in avoiding damage. Has the lowest hitpoints, so he dies very easily if you're not careful. His advantage is the high movement speed, higher than the other two marines. Slow regular zombies have no match against him because of that. Abilities:
Artillery Strike: Orders off-map artillery to bombard the target area.
Distress Emitter: Lays a distress signal emitter. Every 10 seconds, the emitter will emit a distress signal, forcing nearby enemies to attack it. Might be your best weapon if used correctly.
Evasion: Marine gets chance to avoid attacks.
Explosion Dart (Ultimate): Marine fires a dart containing small but powerful explosion charge on the enemy unit. After five seconds the charge detonates, killing the target and damaging nearby enemies. If the target enemy dies before the 5 seconds have run out, the explosion wont happen.
Good for beginners. Has average movement speed and hit points. Abilities:
Taser: Stuns enemy unit. Has very low range but also low mana cost.
Gun Turret: Lays a gun turret to shoot at enemies. The turret type depends of the level of the ability.
Evasion: Same as scout marine's Evasion.
Napalm Strike (Ultimate): Calls a napalm airstrike. FA-22 fighter will drop a napalm bomb on target area, causing huge damage and burning the ground for 10 seconds.
Can take and cause the most damage. Has the highest hit points, but also the slowest movement speed. Can take out huge groups of enemies with Tactical Nuke, the best ability of the game. Abilities:
Dirty Bomb: Throws a grenade containing radioactive wastes. Explosion of the grenade damages units on area, and contaminates them with radiation poisoning causing them take damage over time for 15 seconds.
Detpack: Lays a detpack which can be exploded remotely. The detpack will detonate if left clicked, causing damage on area. If not detonated after 60 seconds, it will explode automatically.
Heavy Armor: Decreases damage caused by enemy attacks. Damage can't be decreased below 3 points.
Tactical Nuke (Ultimate): Calls a tactical nuclear missile, causing immense damage on huge area. Don't use too close of youself.

Zombies
On every wave, a new enemy type will appear. Some are small, weak and slow, and some are strong and massive. Some have special abilities eg spitting acid.
Regular Zombies: Slow and weak, these zombies can be killed with few pistol shots. They appear in high numbers so be careful they don't surround you.

Burning Zombies: Same as above, but faster, a bit more durable and burns. Stay away as possible from it especially if you're low on health.

Runners: Very fast zombies who move like animals, using all their four limbs. Are also twice as durable as regular ones, so get rid of them quickly.

Abominations: Lumbering mutants who can take quite much of damage. Can rip infected flesh off their own body and throw it towards you.

Cerberus: Dogs infected by the virus, fastest enemies of the game. Have low hit points.

Spitters: Resemble runners, but have gray skin and can spit deadly acid towards you. One of the most deadly enemies of the game, don't stay still while these are around.

Fanatics: Fast suicide zombies, kill them as soon as possible. Can cause serious damage with their self-destruct ability.

Lamda Q: These fast and durable mutants are result of genetic experiements made by human.

Flesh Juggernauts: These slow but massive behemoths are very durable and can cause high damage.

Plans
The map is still in early stage, so there will be much more features to added. I'm trying to make this map interesting as possible, so I'm very open for suggestions :)
More boss battles
More enemy types
Objectives
More weapons
Weapon upgrades
Day/night affects gameplay
Weather system
Multiplayer?
As I said, I'm open for suggestions

VersionUpdates
1.0 Alpha
  • The original release
1.1 Alpha
  • Improved the terrain
  • Increased attack cooldown of Abominations and Spitters on easy difficulty
  • Fixed some leaks
2.0 Alpha
  • Added boss battle, Infestor (Model by SuPa-)
  • Added new enemy type, Fanatic (Skin by SuPa-)
  • Decreased attack range of Abominations and Spitters by 100
  • Added custom UI (hence the bigger filesize)
  • Difficulty now also affects the amount of enemies spawned
  • More terrain improvement

ScreenshotsScreenshots
pic1.JPGpic2.JPG
pic3.JPGpic4.JPG
pic5.JPGpic6.JPG
pic7.JPGpic8.JPG
pic9.JPGpic10.JPG
pic11.JPGpic12.JPG

NameCredits
Zombie.Weapon Icons
WILL THE ALMIGHTYExplosion Effects
General FrankAttachments & Nuke Icon
Champara BrosRocket Launcher Attachment
Illidan(Evil)XCobra Helicopter & FA-22 Models
SaikannSpitter Skin
DentothorRunner Skin
SuPa-Pinky Demon Model
KitabatakePlasma Rifle Attachment
DenuFlesh Juggernaut Skin
oh_snapBiohazard Icon
The_SilentMarine Armor Icon
CweenerJASS Shotgun Script
Illidan(Evil)X & Punisher_XUrban Environment Doodad Pack
MassiveMasterAsphalt Tile
MidnightersMade this thread look better

Protection
The map is protected for now, because it has some content I don't want to be exported.

Attachments

• ZombieRampageAlpha2.0Prot.w3x
    7.6 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Level 7
jesus christ ! lol it has to be the custom music and sounds... I guess there's also other stuff that's unnecessary on current version, I'll try to reduce the size :p (though it doesn't actually matter because it's single-player)

EDIT: reduced filesize to 6,73mb. I'd have to compress some textures to reduce it more and I'm not that good with it:p Also decreased Spitter's projectile speed from 700 to 600.

Abominations shouldn't be that hard to kill, on easy difficulty they die from 4 assault rifle shots. Though I know they can be difficult when there's more of them, maybe I should increase the attack cooldown of them or something... I know the map has a lot of balancing issues atm, that's why I need testers :)

Last edited:
Level 7
[-] Empty terrain
[-] Confusing Weapon system
[-] Tips
[-] Animations for spells/skills
[+] Custom music
[+] Nice skills

I'll review it when the map is out.
Yea, the terrain is empty and there's no tips yet because it's alpha :p but the weapon system shouldn't be confusing. I'm just hoping to get some review about the game mechanic.

{EDIT}
New version Alpha1.1 is out! I made some terrain improvements, decreased attack cooldown of Abominations and Spitters on easy difficulty (especially Spitters were far too deadly) and fixed some serious leaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
I tested it again and.. much have been improved, but man, clicking all the time makes my fingers hurt, but overall i came to wave 9.
I know it does that :D unfortunately that can't be fixed :p you have to train you fingers.

hmm looks great but the terrain is too boring - put some 'Cinematic' doddoads or something... :)
Yea I know it is :/ it's difficult to make it interesting because the terrain has to be flat and there can't be too much stuff because bigger creatures could get stuck when spawned. I've been thinking of adding stuff like fire etc. Maybe I should ask help of some good terrainer...

Level 11
I know it does that :D unfortunately that can't be fixed :p you have to train you fingers.

Yea I know it is :/ it's difficult to make it interesting because the terrain has to be flat and there can't be too much stuff because bigger creatures could get stuck when spawned. I've been thinking of adding stuff like fire etc. Maybe I should ask help of some good terrainer...

Im a good terrainer.

Level 7
i suggest you make the guns to be able to shoot automaticly:vw_unimpressed:
so that I would just have to watch the guy shooting enemies, without having to do anything myself? Is that what you mean? :p

Here ya go mate, it looks good in editor and in game.

Btw, there is some other models.... ignore them and just look at the map :ogre_hurrhurr:
Yea it's decent as playable terrain, but as you can see I can terrain too: CLICK
And I doubt you would be capable of making much more better URBAN terrain than I, at least with those models available :p but dunno... have to think, the terrain isn't my primary focus atm..

Status
Not open for further replies.