• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zerrer Castle Builder 1.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, after nearly a year, I've gotten back on the map-making horse, and made the quality and professionalism of the map much better. I made a new terrain, even. I hope to mollify that 'Rejection' mark up here.

Suggested Players: 2-12
Map Scale: 256x256
Tileset: Lordaeron Summer
File Size: About 340KB, but this can change at any time.

Overview:

Zerrer Castle Builder is medieval-based Modified Melee map, with a singular custom race, complete with a new tech-tree. Keeping the morale of your troops up, by leaving them home, giving them supply wagons, or near your king, is important, for otherwise, they'll rebel and join a faction that is hostile to all kingdoms. Money is gained by having a surplus of food, or selling spare lumber in the Market; So don't build up an army from the very start, or you'll be crippled by not having enough gold. Barbarian clans, a neutral scourge of troops that will show up and raze random kingdoms, is soon going to become an issue once I get the AI working, and Fortifications are formidable constructions which can only be destroyed by the greatest of war machines, or by a squad of enemy workers. ((Peon rush, anyone?))

You start out with a simple encampment, your King, (A hero that has the enviable ability to wield various auras. Be careful, because if he dies, there is no way to revive him!), and several workers. One of the workers are of a special type, made specifically to construct large walls, gates, or towers. Line of Sight is an important issue, as there are no flying units, and walls block sight; If you don't keep towers on the outside of your territory, you won't be able to see any armies that are moving by!

Eventually, the mild non-peace between the kingdoms, as the build up, will escalate into a full-blown war, with armies, mercenaries, and assassins, all doing their own thing to kill the enemy as fast as possible. And if you get defeated, there's only one thing you can do; Submit to your enemy, giving him a portion of all future lumber you receive, giving him control of all your units, and maybe, maybe, he won't grind you into the dirt as your troops stand by uselessly.

Features:
* The techtree is completely and utterly custom, with multiple builders, custom unit-types, and Walls are nigh-indestructible, save for being attacked by Catapults or Battering Rams.
* Lumber is gained from farming trees.
* Income(Gold) is gained from having spare, unused supply, while used supply will subtract from said income.
* Supply now maxes at 300, with upkeep increases every 75 supply.
* There is only a single hero, and that is the King. You can't revive him though, so protect him!
* Morale(Mana) will make a unit rebel if it becomes too low. Morale is gained by being near either a Keep, a Supply Wagon, or the King.
* The landscape has been custom-made.

((Also, the name is pending, because it seems kind of egocentric.))

Last edited:
Level 7
The reason you aren't getting any feedback is because you didnt't really explain anything about the map other than the changes you've made. I'd love to see another Castle Builder map, I haven't played those in a very long time. Good luck on this project and please add more information. :)

Level 3
I've modified the intro to this thread with quite a bit of more information, and the whole 'table\overview\features' format was actually directly stolen from some other map thread. Filling in that format was completely me, however. And note that, as this is version 1.03, all of the features there, save for the Barbarian Clans (I'm having real issue with the AI triggers to work how I want), are completely done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.