• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zelda 64

What would you mind playing with and where?

• Im happy with 3 dungeons and playing as link/kokiri/goron/zora.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Are you aware of the Link model hosted at this site? You might want to use it.

Edit: Holding the sword in your left hand makes you a righty, because what is more important in a battle, killing an enemy or protecting yourself? Therefore the shield is held in the stronger arm not only because it's heavy, but because it's what's keeping you alive.

Level 7
I leave this thread alone for acouple days and wow lol :p.

I agree with happy tauren, I didnt like that model and Im sure when i was using it i was hearing some random death sounds. The spellbreakers are jus for alpha, when I stop being lazy ill put young link in. The next version is all going to be in apperance, no more added functions for awhile.

Also, if i see anyone arguing about righty-tighty in the future, I will punt u!

Level 9
Are you aware of the Link model hosted at this site? You might want to use it.

Edit: Holding the sword in your left hand makes you a righty, because what is more important in a battle, killing an enemy or protecting yourself? Therefore the shield is held in the stronger arm not only because it's heavy, but because it's what's keeping you alive.

Our question has been ANSWERED!

*punts gallin* HAHA, BEAT YOU TO HIM

Level 7
Im going to go ahead and trigger(create) oogama's fight scene. Ill put up a screenshot of the lair tonight or tommorow.

On a side note.. no more discussing lefty stuff or i will drag forum mods in here..
(That includes off-topic stuff as well, you want to discuss it, make a thread about it in the off-topic section)

Last edited:
Level 7
Work is at a minimal atm, im applying for a small mmo team to see if I can get experience in the field and have more motivation to become better at modelling. I cant get any better when im restricted to very low-poly count models so as to be able to fit this game all in a wc3 map.

Ill keep u posted to what I decide to do. Atm im making models for my portfolio to submit with my application.

Level 7
Small update. Mostly featuring acouple new loopable music, hyrules and deku dungeons theme. Afew other sounds have been put in, acouple new area's to look at ingame.

Been working on a small mmo project with a team so I dont know how much time lll have left to work on this anymore.

Oh and for the link model, i got it from www.turbosquid.com but im pretty sure whoever uploaded it got it from the game how all the vertex's arent melded.

Last edited:
Level 9
[rainbow]haha dude, sweetness is all i can say. not much more than before, but its still a good amount. i cant wait to play the full dungeon, and fight ghoma. btw, are u gonna make that net in the center, where u gotta jump down and u break through it?[/rainbow]

WOOHOO, 300 POSTS, I WILL BEAT UP DEM SPARTANS!!

lol, anybody wanna reward me with rep?

Level 9
Hey sk8er754, I was wondering if there was any way I could use the ocarina sounds you have in the map.

I'm making a map very similar to this one. I've been working on the system triggers for a while now, but I just started terraining, and my two refs were from the Zelda game and your map (since i had trouble getting the size right :p).
Anyways, I'll give you some credit for them, and I could record them myself directly from that game, but I want to try to save myself some work.

I'll also be willing to lend you some of my own models if you are still creating your map.
thanks,
-ES

Level 7
Yea take whatever you want that u feel can help. The size my map is alittle bigger then it should be but its pretty close. If you have any questions about my map just ask. I might pick up on it later but it stays dormant for now.

Level 7
Its....ALIIIIVE....again lol

Yea I think ill give it another go. Im going to have to fire up gmax-blender again.

Im going to totally revamp the deku dungeon after collecting up enough patience since I have to totally retexture everything in it, then chop the model up into seperate pieces that fit in-game where ill make the floor part walkable and use pathing blockers for wall parts and fit them together like I did with the kokiri houes, since you probably havent noticed are actually 3 models put together inside the WE.

Dungeons take a long time to make along with creatures so my next part to recreate will be the city followed by the castle. I like walkable buildings so im going to make a drawbridge and entrance you can use to get inside. I dont know if it'll be just for looks or if i can incorparate it into my map but ill make it anyways.

Level 7
Reviving again

Since i have alot of spare free time this month im going to be reviving this map once again. Im going to have to look for maybe a different way on how to do dungeons since their so complex they way im doing it now.

I know a better way to make seamless walkable floors i think for dungeons but i still have to go and model it all in some way.

Im going to work on my terrain, maybe get more models in and see how big the map can be so i dont get halfway and run out of space.

Level 11
Well if your having difficulties adding all Temples and dungeons and maybe Ganon's Castle. Then why don't you just split it in 2 maps one map is the 3 dungeons and the other 7 is the temples.

You might as well add Majora's Mask lol it was fun beating the boss over and over with Firce Dede Mask (can't even spell it).

Level 7
Well I thought of that but im making it a multiplayer rpg for like 8 people or more so splitting it up might be bleh. I can fit mostly everything in if i watch how big i make it so I think ill try to get it all on one map. It might be a pretty large map though when its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.