• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zandalar Doodad Pack vol.1

"Zuldazar, the City of Gold - seat of the Zandalari Empire and the jewel of all troll civilizations"

The first part of a pack of decorations I'm developing for my Troll Campaign.
Some of the models are geomerged, others modeled and animated from scratch. Ingame textures only.
Everything's open source, feel free to modify to your liking. Credits will do fine.

On a side note, can we talk about how good StrangleThornRuinwall_01.blp is? Best texture in the game, hands down.
Contents

ZandalarArchway_1 (Model)

ZandalarArchway_2 (Model)

ZandalarBanner_1 (Model)

ZandalarBanner_2 (Model)

ZandalarBrazier_1 (Model)

ZandalarBrazier_2 (Model)

ZandalarGate (Model)

ZandalarGroundCircle (Model)

ZandalarGroundSquare (Model)

ZandalarPlantPot_1 (Model)

ZandalarPlantPot_2 (Model)

ZandalarPlantPot_3 (Model)

ZandalarPlantPot_4 (Model)

ZandalarWallLight_1 (Model)

ZandalarWallLight_2 (Model)

ZandalarWallLight_3 (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Awesome additions of doodads for the section! Very good use of textures. Works in-game. Approved!

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
The models have been made to be compatible with patch 1.29. Anything below that would struggle with teamcolor22 and teamcolor12, but on the flip side it's relatively easy to switch that texture to teamcolor06 and teamcolor00. Far as I remember only the archway uses the texture in question, so for accessibility's sake I could include a version with teamcolor0 instead.

EDIT: See attached

Attachments

• ZandalarArchway_Below129.mdx
    61.4 KB · Views: 102
  • ZandalarArchway_2_Below129.mdx
    61.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Level 9
Super cool! I wanted to check, I see you tagged open source, but wanted to check if it would be okay for me to re texture some of these? (want to use some ashenvale doodad textures to make a more amani friendly version, and then put some animation tints on it for zandalar)

Is it any one in particular or are they all iffy? Either way I'll have a look.
Not sure since I'm using all of them lol. Thanks for having a look though :)

EDIT: Turns out the issue was with a different model that used an omni-light, this model you wouldn't think had an omni-light on it hence why it took so long to find. Your models are all fine :)

Last edited: