• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Z-Fighter ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
basically how the game would work is you can train by killing creeps or you can enter in different saga's Id also like to add that every new player will start off quite weak and it will take lots of training before you can even survive the first saga. when you enter a saga it teleports your hero to a instance where you do that saga.

If you die you can train at king kai's house and in hell, however you cannot revive until someone collects all the d balls and wishes players back to life.

the different instances will follow the different dbz saga's. There are level requirements to get into each saga. And you can only complete a specific saga once per game.

And there will be a save/load system and a dueling system.

spells are gained through items, which can be bought with lumber or dropped from villains in saga's.
and lumber is gained from killing creeps and villains.

id like to have a large variety of spells. including the ability to fly, a power up ability and many others including the classic dbz moves like final flash and kamehameha.

but the thing thats going to set this orpg apart from the rest is the combat system, since every attack is a spell, including punches, so you cannot just set your character on an afk patrol. Which means memorizing hotkeys plays a key role in becoming skilled. and a player who may have weaker stats can still beat a stronger player who isnt as good with hotkeys.

spells will be stored in a spellbook.
Spells:
power up - raises your stats when the spell is being casted every say 5 levels gives you a power up with a longer cast time. resulting in higher stats and a higher movement speed and a higher power level. after this spell stops casting the triggering character will begin to lose mana over time when the mana reaches x the player will revert back to normal stats.
[you will be able to play a skill on powerup every 5 levels]

speed increase - an aura that only effects yourself, increases your movement speed.
[you can place a skill on speed increase every level.]

Stat increase - increase each stat by 2
[you can put a skill on stat increase every level]

note - you only get 1 skill point per level.

thats just to give you an example, if a player specializes most of his skills in speed increase, he will be to fast for other players to attack, while if you place most of your skills in stat increase you will be very strong. however it would be smart to have a well balanced skill tree.

anyway i want to revolutionize the ORPG's on warcraft 3,
so if you like my ideas and wanna help make this happen, post here or give me a pm.

I need a modeler, and someone whos handy with triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.