YOUR OPINION: Favorite True Story Map

Choose your (current) favorite map of the True Story of Arkain!

• Total voters

Shar Dundred

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 44
The True Story has been going for a bit now and while new maps are still being constructed,
I think it is time for you all to pick the best!
No, not the best couple of Arkain, we have not reached that point yet. I want you to pick
your favorite map/s of the True Story!

As you can see, I have included not only playable maps but also the cinematic maps.
To "even the score", I have decided to allow infinite votes rather than use a numerical limit.
While I appreciate it if you like all of them so much that you want to vote all of them, I would
also appreciate it if you tried to pick a few favorites -how many you pick is still up to you! :)

I would also appreciate it if you made a post here pointing out why you chose the maps you chose,
including but not limited to:
a) How much you like the map overall
b) How much you life the map in comparison to its old version

Thank you for your time and do not worry, more awesome maps are on the horizon!

Level 10
The Wolf and the Bull: a big battle, waves of soldiers, armies clashing and crashing like waves against each other, just the stuff that I like
Rise of the clans: 3 different clans to start as, each with their own objectives and their own specific way to achieve those objectives basically mandate the player to play it as many times as there are options to choose from

Level 4
I choose Act 1 misson 2 hunt for riches just cause I found it enjoyable little mission as the orcs and the tunnel to by pass the defense's was cool and a much better version of the map compared to how it was before and tying in the retrieval of the artifact with Amani's exile is very clever.

Act 1 misson 6 dead mans march I really liked seeing and playing as the different undead factions and i loved Rhandir's new artifact the mission wasn't too different from what I remember of the original but I enjoyed it a good deal more as the heroes with their unique artifacts and playing with the undead factions makes it more enjoyable.

Act 2 mission 4 the fact that we could play as 3 entirely different factions from each other was extremely interesting it basically also let us choose difficulty as well Goldaxe=easy Deathbreeze=Medium Darkmind=Hard Extremely cool Mechanically.

Last edited:
Level 7
I'll try to pick my favourite map per act:
First act: Definitely Dead's Men March.
In this new version we can choose between 3 Nexus, so it settles that the undead Nexus are different (even more after mission 3). A bit of
replayability since you can play with the 3 Nexus.
Also first time we meet Rahandir and Undead Saphira (after mission 2).
The demon slaves surprise makes the mission even easier but funnier. Since is the first time we see that faction.
Extremely fun to play.

Act two. Hard to choose between Slaves of the Demons and Rise of the Clans (and will be even harder once defense of home arrives)
So ill pick both and explain why:
Slaves of the Demons. In the original FUB i HATED this mission being the worst of the book. But the new changes made the mission extremely enjoyable.
We get to play for the first time ever with Sir Edoarus and our old cute friend Fleshtearer.
Also we get the new conviction mecanic, to ask kindly to the Demons to join us, kindly...
And also the side quest, to help us push through the slaves bases easily (and good item too). So it was the worst and now is a decent mission.

Rise of the Clans. I wont cover both deathbreeze and Goldaxe clans but trust me on this one: They are awesome.
Since my first run was with Darkmind ill explain that: We get to play with Rath and his truly weakened clan, we only have 40 food
And we need to subjugate and make our allies the smaller Clans, each clan we destroy is a new shield against the bigger Clans and also more soldiers.
The smaller Clans being unit-oriented: One clan excels on shamans, other in siege weapons, others have warlocks... Was a nice touch
The Story also changes, the destroyer survives, we fight Lokar and his lovely HIGH shamans...
So both mission are awesome.

Ps. I also thought about making this thread once we arrived in Second Books era.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 44
Thanks for all who have voted and shared their thoughts!
Reading about things such as hated missions becoming much more tolerable and that replayability is still at a high demand helps to showcase the things that the True Story has been going the right way so far.

Please continue to contribute!
Do not let the fact that some missions like an iconic sea battle and an upcoming mission featuring evil trees discourage you.
You can always change your vote and new maps will be added to the poll as they are being released!

Level 7
Well, here goes my favorite:
1) Dead Men's March: very smooth mission and it offered so much variety of playability especially for being one of the earliest missions. The defection of Demon Slaves was perhaps the best turn of events, and our heroes are awesome as always. Undead is my favorite race; no racial prejudice intended :ogre_haosis:. Ejara, Rohir, and Zirr literally made me worship Aridon.
2) Slaves of the Demons: this map was boring as hell in FUB, but got completely revamped which made me immersed.:ogre_love: Edoarus is da real boss mon and seeing nearly full techtree of Rohir nexus was fun to watch. Demon Slaves just got a nice glow-up and their forces far relentless than ever. And the introduction of first undead demon from Blooddrinker Legion was a nice touch and literally made me wish for more undead maps where commanding Kezzar nexus is a priority. And that shrine... you really are foreshadowing something, do you, Shar? Fishy: cuz swamp creatures are fishy and the suspicious item of previous owner detected; our classy dreadlord, Maronogin. Only flawful thing of this map was the inability to play as other three nexus of FB era; Splecir, Ardoz, and Scarec :(. But... things can change xD.
So far, these are my most favorite if I have to choose two. Clash of the Clans was also pretty impressive tbh. So, looking for next update. Good Luck, Shar!

Level 19
Act 1, ch. 3 - Rise of the Dead, Act 1, ch. 5 - Clash in the Forest, Act 1, ch. 6 - Dead Men's March and Act 2, ch. 4 - Rise of the Clans

They all share a common theme so I'll discuss them all at once. They're personally my favourite maps because they're the first introduction of more interesting unit variety and the replayability that comes through them in comparison to the originals. A nice precedent of what to expect on the gameplay side of things regarding the true story.

While I won't vote for it, I'll give an honourable mention to Act 1, ch. 1 - Pillage

Just like the aforementioned maps gave a nice precedent on the gameplay side of things, Pillage gives a nice precedent on the storyline side of things. The original story suffered from things looking like they were added spontaneously at certain points, even if it wasn't meant to. The first time Praxeus was introduced and the first mentioning of Zyainor at least to me looked out of place. Now, the story feels much more natural in a way.

Level 9
As favourite maps I'll pick the following ones:

Act Two, Chapter Four: Rise of the Clans
-Gameplay wise -we can pick between 3 clans, each of them changing the main objective completly makes it incredible and enjoyable (compared to the original one it s a big +)
-Story - the smaller clans add more variety to the orcish race , the clans feel more unique based on the units they have. Hope to see more screen time with the other Chieftains :)
- The Destroyer might make a huge impact in the future so clearly looking up on that

End of Act One: Rising Tensions

- While being strange to pick an Interlude Map for me this one is one of the best in terms of comparisson to the old one
Seeing all the Imperial Regiments and troops building up the defenses ( the Bear regiment watching over the procedures)
The new characters,the new dialogues connect you more to the story (the relation between characters , reassons of the defense position )

Level 4
I have my Top 3:

3) Tied were the Rise of the Dead, Clash in the Forest and Hunt For Riches. These opening campaigns on their respective races were improved.

2) Tied again were the Dead Men's March and The Wolf and the Bull. Despite the renaming and revamps, these games were excellent.

1) Allies, Defense of Home, Slaves of the Demons and Rise of the Clans. These made me curious about the twist. Now, I will wait for more.

Level 8
Who are these crazy people saying Wolf and Bull?

Anyways, I'll go with the classic as I've only played Act 1. Clash in the Forest - I quite liked playing the Wolf Regiment faction and I liked how one of the enemy factions could be bought off if you want rather than another normal base to take out. The section with Harmos is underrated and I wish the unique casters for the other factions also got a showcase like this, but none really fit the bill.

Level 4
Who are these crazy people saying Wolf and Bull?

Anyways, I'll go with the classic as I've only played Act 1. Clash in the Forest - I quite liked playing the Wolf Regiment faction and I liked how one of the enemy factions could be bought off if you want rather than another normal base to take out. The section with Harmos is underrated and I wish the unique casters for the other factions also got a showcase like this, but none really fit the bill.
The Bull and the Wolf is the renamed and revamped Payback. I had it on my list, because of the attack waves of both Imperial Regiments were distracting the Darkmind from attacking your defenses. That also gives time to eliminate the passive Bloodhand and rescue Aedy from the Ironthunder.

Sorry for the typo.

Level 8
The Bull and the Wolf is the renamed and revamped Payback. I had it on my list, because of the attack waves of both Imperial Regiments were distracting the Darkmind from attacking your defenses. That also gives time to eliminate the passive Bloodhand and rescue Aedy from the Ironthunder.

Sorry for the typo.
My experience on that one was different where Blue won the tug of war fairly quickly and did not give me much time to do much. I think if you don't interact with the waves at all, it actually works better as if you help push then the enemy rubber band snaps back at you with a super wave and throwing the general balance of it all off for the rest of the map.

Level 4
My experience on that one was different where Blue won the tug of war fairly quickly and did not give me much time to do much. I think if you don't interact with the waves at all, it actually works better as if you help push then the enemy rubber band snaps back at you with a super wave and throwing the general balance of it all off for the rest of the map.
The tried and tested Tower Spam works wonders. Then focus on side missions, then assist the attack force later. And there is a massacre bonus while pushing through Grael's troops.