• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your chatting style

What is your chatting style?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
From your daily adventures around the Hive chat room and other chat systems, what is your chat style? Do you have any unique and personal things you do when you chat?

Level 21
i dont capitalise, use proper grammar or spell properly...mainly for 2 reasons, A, i am dyslexic so i have problems with spelling and handwriting and B, its extra effort for not much. also where is the option for "use sarcasm as much as possible"?

Level 34
Imma RPer, I use capitals, caps, dots, periods etc always.

But not much .'s and I do use emoticons or words like lol or afk, I don't mind that.

Level 20
i dun capitalzie mai sentnces but kan u maik m3 sum narut0 modulz fur miy DoTA map plzzz kkthx <emote spam goes here>

<and here>

Actually though, I try to write my best, but I do give away a couple of spelling/grammar errors, because English isn't my first language.

Level 26
Oziris chose "I generally use correct spelling."

That is motherfucking hilarious.

You know, I ought to hold you to that.

In chat mode, I sometimes capitalize my sentences, usually use periods, spell correctly when I can, and use acronyms.

You can tell that the people here are full of shit because "I generally use correct spelling" is the most commonly chosen option.

Level 11
I use proper spelling for the most part, except I also use 'lol' and 'brb' often. I sometimes capitalize, sometimes don't. One thing I do kinda often is type in a... Scottish... dialect, using things like 'me' for 'my' and 'yeh' instead of 'you', and say 'laddy' a lot. I think it's because I originally used chatting mostly for working on War of the Three Hammers.

Level 8
I usually try to avoid abbreviations and emoticons when posting. I also periodically look up words when not sure how to spell it. I tend to use a lot of unneeded periods/dots in the end of my sentences which is a really bad habbit.

I try to keep the same style when chatting but I do use a lot of emoticons when chatting.

Level 23
As perfect spelling and grammar as I can muster. Occasionally I'll let slip when I'm typing really fast, but ninety-nine-point-nine percent is perfecto.

Occasional colloquialisms enter as in normal speech, words like 'bloke'...

I only use l33t5p34k or acronyms when I'm being ironic or silly.

Looks like some ppl drifted away from the topic: "Chat".

Chat
ForumChoices

X
I don't captialize my sentences generally

X
I don't use periods at the end of all my sentences

X
I use a lot of abbreviations like "ur" and "plz"

I'm a smiley/emoticon whore :3

1 U53 L337 4 L0t

X
X
I use a lot of common internet achronyms like LOL, BRB, FTW, and so forth

X
I generally use correct spelling

Chat? What's that?

Level 1
4,6, and 7.

I usually capitalize with good spelling, but I use some internet words like dood and bai. I use lol, ftw, g2g, stuff like that. I'm an emoticon whore :D

lol :X

Level 10
4, 6, and 7, although I'm more than willing to act like a fool for the enjoyment of the masses. Or myself. Or just for the hell of it.

Generally though, I try to keep my conversing legible, so that people don't get the wrong idea about what I'm trying to say.

I have been known to sometimes ignore acronyms all together, and type out "Be right back." instead of "Brb" or "HAE GUIS I AME GOWING AWAE FRUM MAH COMPRUDER FORE EH BYT!" instead of "Afk".

Level 4
I tend to use correct grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. But i definitely shorten things a lot too- like, imo, fyi, brb, and of course lol. And i tend to :) - :D - :p - >< - o_O - and the ;) equivilants.

Status
Not open for further replies.