• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Young Link

Alright here is Young Link. He is based off the Ocarina of Time version. It was requested by: DarkAngelAzazel & kimpakim7. I got asked to make him by both people around the same time. For different reasons but none the less here he is. Hope you like it. Credits are always nice but as always with me not required. If you have the courtesy to give me credits then I thank you though. Please rate and give comments to improve it.

Update: There isn't really an update to the model yet. But I forgot to clarify this. In this version the sword and shield are done by Jo27killed. He made them as attachments. I was told that it was okay for me to use it on my model as long as I gave him proper credit. Please note though that because I feel that they should be improved I am just going to make my own now. So in the next version they will be different better looking.

Update: Texture improved(?), Texture now all in one file instead of 3. Other modifications done to make it fit nicer. So what do you think now? Is the new texture look for better or for worse?

Note: This is what it looked like before:
YoungLinkByZerox.jpg

Update: Okay its now updated. I did make a version with Rounded hair like the mods wanted but it made him look like a preppy rich kid. In Ocarina of Time his hair is kind sharp ended like mine anyway. Skins approved ect. Hope you like the update.

Keywords:
Young, Link, Zelda, Ocarina, Time, Zerox, Sword, Shield, Deku, Hero, Legend, Beginning
Contents

Young Link (Model)

Reviews
16:17, 20th Sep 2008 BlinkBoy: okey some things: 1rst the shield is a bit high poly, reduce it a lot more. 2nd Integrate all the textures. 3rd reproportionate the model, make him a bit taller and fix the face, make it less bumpy, if you get...
Level 22
Please improve it, so it can get approved.

Also, legs are really fat as already said.

Dont get me wrong, its very nice, but i dont know if its usefull like this, because Link can put the weapons on his back...so if you ever played Zelda, its not usefull at all, a link like yours, even if it looks good.

If it isn't useful, Feel free to use a green-tinted footman, or go make your own. The model not suiting your exact needs gives you no right to say its not usefull at all. At least Zerox was nice enough to UPLOAD it. [/rant]

Anyway, Zerox. Looking forward to the next texture update :D

Level 14
If it isn't useful, Feel free to use a green-tinted footman, or go make your own. The model not suiting your exact needs gives you no right to say its not usefull at all. At least Zerox was nice enough to UPLOAD it. [/rant]

Come down dude, i didnt say, that zerox model is bad, but for a Zelda Rpg its not very usefull, as it doesnt fit the Link.

Nevertheless zerox, your model is quite cool, but i hope, you know how to handle critisism, because i dont like this "omg its so good, its so damn good"-sh***.
I cant model as good as you, but i know much about Zelda, and so i decided to share my thoughts with you, for that you can improve your model.

I think, u can understand, and you arent angry at me as Lord T.

Greetings

Level 20

Well said Lord_T. Not useful at all is quite a wrong statement. Wether he places his weapons on his back or not its still useful. It'd be nice though if he did. Thanks for your oppinion though Emma.

Level 4
all the models dont have to fit specific things!, by examlpe, that can be changed removing the sword, and put it in his back whit a special habilitie in the world editor, use ur f*cking imagination (i do that whit the kirby of dvo to make the powers), also its beter have a model, than tint a footman of green! so dont cry!

Level 6
There is an adult link model but its a bit glitchy with abilities and looks. Perhaps you coudl make a good adult link, maybe with no weapons at all but with animation asif he has got em in his hands. Then people could make all the weapons that link can have and use them as attachments, cuz for my uo comign map (after the current one) could do with a customisable one, so they are not fixed weaponary

anyway 5/5

ram

ram

Level 2
very nice. I have a section in my map about a town of evil children and this will fit in nicely as one of them.

Level 2
Thanks! I'm going to use this in my map! I'll give you credit if I made it sucessfully! 5/5!!! Also I like the new version of young link! Old version looks so wierd!

Level 3
This young link model is awesome! Very nice. And I'm thrilled that you are working on Zelda and Ganondorf; I was disappointed just the other day when I couldn't find them on the site. I have one request; could you make young link (and perhaps your future link) weaponless, so that different shields/swords can be attached on? I've been working on and off on a large Zelda rpg, and so I would find that really useful I think. I love your Zora and the rest. Don't stop! :)