• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You use Google/wikipedia? Try cuil / cpedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I recently found this search website. (& this wikipedia site)

Cuil is an automatic search engine that searches in context and does not sell any search entry places for money.

Cpedia is a library which puts these data into an automatic wikipedia.

What features does it give?
Features said:

A very important thing that is totally different to google:
Cuil said:
What information do you keep about me?

None. We analyze the Web, not our users. Read our Privacy Policy for details. It’s short.

I just wanted to throw out an alternative to the markt leaders, because it's always good. Here is a very good example of both engines:
Search for "smart" (See how the car type is the first entry, and not any advertiser)
Microsoft Office 2003 (Notice how the stuff has been automatically organized)

So for now, good searching!

Level 7
That cpedia thing can't compare in the slightest to wikipedia. The link you gave to MS Office 2003 is just one big ad.
It's true. Wikipedia has too many articles to count, and in over 5 languages. I read the MS Office 2003, and it was indeed some marketing crap.
"MS Office 2003 comes with an advanced...."
Search for smart....Smart does not have the car there anymore and has ads as results.
Embarrasingly to you, the search for smart LEADS to Wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.