• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last day to remove web history on Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
https://www.google.com/history/

1. Make a gmail account unless you have one already and then log in.

2. Click "Remove all web history"

3. Click "OK", then it automatically pause any future web history gathering from Google.

"March 1st, search engine giants Google’s new privacy policy will be implemented and go live for all of their product’s users. The new policy has come under scrutiny due to the data Google will start collecting from its hundreds of millions of users; the company will collect all user data for its services before March 1st, as well as in the future.

Before March 1st arrives, one’s Google Web History which entails the searches made on Google and sites visited were not associated from other products; however, now the company will get rid of the protection and pool together the data collected from users including personal information. This simple guide can guide you on preventing Google from collecting all of your Web History from their products such as YouTube from the past, as well as the prevention of your Web History being recorded come March 1st."

You can still do it, but I urge everyone to hurry.

Level 13
Can't be bothered with this too much to be fair. There are already enough products/services/websites that monitor what you do within their product.
I don't see the big fuzz over it, just log out if you have something to hide or don't want google to see. A last note, your own historical searches can help you in your future searches or if you want to back track something. (you will remove that option if you follow your "guide")

Level 22
I already replied to this in another forum: first off if you're not logged on google - if you're on youtube, then you're on google too, there is no way to see your history since it only applies to logged accounts. At the same time Google always had access to see which IP used Google for what. So this doesn't matter the slightest as they always know your IP.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
look-at-all-the-fucks-i-dont-give-theyre-just-falling-from-the-sky.jpg

Level 29
You don't realize the size of tracking on the world wide web.

Do you know how many pages have tracking from Google or someone else? the sites usually use it for things like page hit counters, but what does Google use it for?

Do you know how many pages have AdSense (aka Google ads) or ads from someone else? The sites use them for revenue, but what do the ad service suppliers use them for?

Do you know how many pages have things like a "Like" button from ShitBook? Twitter? etc.?

Do you know you do not have to be logged into anything for it to track you everywhere you go, since they stick cookies on your computer?

So yeah, that's the internet for you, and there's no way to stop it either. The more things become "integrated", the more exposed you are to tracking.

Level 13
You don't realize the size of tracking on the world wide web.

Do you know how many pages have tracking from Google or someone else? the sites usually use it for things like page hit counters, but what does Google use it for?

Do you know how many pages have AdSense (aka Google ads) or ads from someone else? The sites use them for revenue, but what do the ad service suppliers use them for?

Do you know how many pages have things like a "Like" button from ShitBook? Twitter? etc.?

Do you know you do not have to be logged into anything for it to track you everywhere you go, since they stick cookies on your computer?

So yeah, that's the internet for you, and there's no way to stop it either. The more things become "integrated", the more exposed you are to tracking.

Espescially the last two lines are not really true. I would really suggest to go read a couple of books about "The internet"/browsers/cookies/http protocols etc before making statements like that.

Level 29
Espescially the last two lines are not really true. I would really suggest to go read a couple of books about "The internet"/browsers/cookies/http protocols etc before making statements like that.

I suggest you to go research before saying I should research.

In any case, if you want to counter my statements, you better give some proof of concept. Saying "no, you are wrong" doesn't make you badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.