• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You can now support me on Patreon!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Gaias Retaliation just went live on Patreon.

attachment.php

If you like what I do and want to support me on my journey through developing this map further, I will gladly accept your donation.

All the details including the Patreon rewards can be found on the Patreon page.

Gaias is and will remain freely available. There will not be any preview releases exclusive to patrons. But please consider that I invest a shitload of my freetime (and also my own personal money) into the development of this project and that you guys got dozens, if not hundreds of hours of fun out of this game.
If you feel that all the fun you had was worth a few bucks, this is your chance to return some of the love you were receiving. :)

None of your donations will go into my own personal pocket. Every single dollar you donate will be funneled back into the creation of new art assets by commission work of skilled artists.

Attachments

• signature.jpg
    signature.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 2,131
  • signature2.jpg
    signature2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 39,794
Level 10
Pledged as a Patreon. As someone who has been apart of the Gaias community for nearly as long as you've been making the map itself I just want to thank you for all the hard work you've placed into this map and continue to place within it. Gaias is pretty much the only reason I keep Warcraft 3 installed on my PC after all these years. So thank you again! Pledging is the least I can do :]

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Pledged as a Patreon. As someone who has been apart of the Gaias community for nearly as long as you've been making the map itself I just want to thank you for all the hard work you've placed into this map and continue to place within it. Gaias is pretty much the only reason I keep Warcraft 3 installed on my PC after all these years. So thank you again! Pledging is the least I can do :]
Thank you too for your ongoing support over the last years. It's highly appreciated.

I was struggling with the idea on setting up a donation button for Gaias over the last years, but since setting up Patreon is a pretty easy thing to do nowadays, I decided to just give it a try.
Let's see how this will turn out.

With 1.27 around the corner and a map size increase to be expected, there are lots of new artsy things I had in my mind that begged to be created.

A custom UI, new armor skins, etc.
And I always lived by the rule that if you want good art, you got to pay for it. Not many people know it, but all the swappable body textures of the heroes you see in the game are custom creations that I paid for with my own personal money.

Depending on how well this campaign goes, it doesn't have to stop at a UI and new skins either. I could imagine getting a whole set of ability and item icons, to further develop the visual identity of the project. It would be great to achieve a highly stylized, uniform design that is present in everything in the game eventually.

Level 8
Nice. Unfortunately, I have no cash to spare at all. At the moment I'm the sole breadwinner of the family, on an average wage. Haven't had anything to spend on games and such for 2 years now.
o00Nw.gif

When my financial situation improves I'll definitely swing a pledge your way.

Level 1
I figured for as much as I play the least I could do is donate some money, There has been other things Iv spend 50$ on and regretted, This isnt one of them. Keep up the good work and I really enjoy the game and all the work you do.

Level 4
Zview, I'll gladly pledge this project but I don't own any international credit card ='(

I swear that if I found the way, I'll gladly pledge! =O =D

Level 5
I love it but i wont donate till my hostbot problems are resolved I get autokicked before I can even join the lobby sorry

Level 5
You know that there are other ways to play like MMH, right?

Yea just ask kamina for MMH the answer will be "Most of Gaias community play on hostbot so we have no reason to play elsewhere" thus i cant find people to play with unless almost noone is on so they got no choise

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Interesting step. There are some great artists out there doing commissions.
With a few dollar you could already greatly improve the look of one model up to eyegasm,
as well mesh- and texture-wise.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Interesting step. There are some great artists out there doing commissions.
With a few dollar you could already greatly improve the look of one model up to eyegasm,
as well mesh- and texture-wise.
That was my thinking. Plus, I also do some good in the process by supporting artists making a living with what they do best.

Level 8
I love it but i wont donate till my hostbot problems are resolved I get autokicked before I can even join the lobby sorry

If you actually have funds to contribute, I don't think you should with-hold it based on something that Zwieb doesn't really have control over and more importantly - has nothing to do with the map itself.

There's an issue with your system (could be firewall/security software conflict or router incompatibility) and the bot. The current owner of the bot is O_OSamuel, you should take up your issues with him. Alternatively, I could dial into your PC and take a shot at it, PM me if you want to try that.

I will not join a casual gaias game outside the bots because 95% of the time it's completely pointless. Been there; done that, the T-shirt blows. Usually the players just desync at start or leave after their first death. Happens on the bots too but not nearly as much, most players at least have some sort of idea of what they're getting into. If you can organize a team before-hand and host a game somewhere (any platform/bot that's on war3 patch 1.27), I'd be happy to join.

Level 1
i just tried to donate some $, but is it really per month, like a subscription fee? can't i just donate like 50$ and that's it?

Level 10
You can always donate and then just cancel immediately after, which is what I intend(ed) to do when I donated, but zwiebel I don't believe any money has ever been taken out of my bank account yet even though I donated 2ish months ago and I'd ideally would not like to see 100+ taken out of my bank once the donation does go threw

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
You can always donate and then just cancel immediately after, which is what I intend(ed) to do when I donated, but zwiebel I don't believe any money has ever been taken out of my bank account yet even though I donated 2ish months ago and I'd ideally would not like to see 100+ taken out of my bank once the donation does go threw
Your pledge was successfully processed and I already received the money, so I don't think that is entirely true. ;)

It wasn't clear to me how exactly Patreon works when I first set up the page, that's why it took so long for the funding to actually get processed.

Here's a quick explanation of why you didn't get charged on the first of april:
I need to make a patreon post once every month to actually get money for that month, that's why none of you were charged for april, but only for may.

So, no, don't worry, everything is fine. You can cancel or downgrade your pledge now.

@El-nino: as others have said, you can just pledge once and then wait for the first of june, then remove your pledge again. Or you can just select a lower tier and go with the monthly thing.

Level 1
Hi zweib I just downloaded your map other day all I can say is wow amazing im loving it me and my one friend playing it when we get together. Very well made map I truly cant wait for what more you got planned in developing the map. Best map ive ever played. Only issues was information to play n etc as a new person to the game was a bit rough figuring things out. But some research and reading alot on the forums did help us get a idea in the end. And we suffer a error sometimes after playing a few hours get a message error unable to save to storage insufficient space not sure why or what is the cause is that the memory crash error ?