• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Plan: Reforged, Discord and Patreon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Hi all! I'd like to officially announce the start of the 2P campaign for Warcraft Reforged with the uploading of the first map. There's a lot of work to be done, but I've recently cut my hours at work to free up time to follow my passions. So I hope that we'll get to completion.

Reforged: Whats different?
- The insane difficulty will be looked at in detail to make improvements to balance. I would like to make a genuinely challenging difficulty with exciting boss fights and encounters. Perhaps something closer to what we were hoping when we heard about a "new campaign".
- The missions; the culling, fall of silvermoon and the siege of dalaran maps which have been largely revamped by blizzard and will be redone.
- The save/load codes are saved to file, like a lot of maps do these days, making it easier to transfer data between maps.
- Some of the spells for the side heroes will be re-evaluated to see if they can be made more interesting.
- You can stack potions/scrolls into a single inventory slot.
- There are some more subtle changes such as renaming of factions and units.
- The blizzard campaign adds some improvements to sounds and unit animations during cinematics, but I largely won't be focusing on these.

The Discord - link
Here i'll be writing most of my thoughts for development and bug tracking. Please join if you'd like to be part of the discussion and help with the testing / bug tracking.

The Patreon - link
If you've enjoyed my maps and would like to see the project completed, please support the project with as much or little as much as you like. ($3 suggestion)
It takes a huge amount of effort to process all of the maps to a good quality, I've recently cut my hours at my job so I can pursue my passions. Please help to convince me that this wasn't all a really stupid idea.

Patreons will receive the following privileges:
- they will be able to vote on what work is prioritised and other changes to the campaign
- they will receive early access to the maps
- future custom chapters are likely to be patreon-access only
- a special tag on the discord:
- significant contributors will be mentioned in the credits at the end of each campaign

Level 1
Hi The Spoon !
I'm very glad to see that you're willing to continue on this project !
Maybe you'll be able to give us what the community expected to find in this reforged edition of Warcraft.

You've done an amazing job so far !
I'll be following your work closely, and I hope to continue enjoying your creations !

Level 1
Hey Spoon is there a possible way that u can use the old voicepack of the whole campaign

u would be a hero for me <3

...thanks for all your work

Status
Not open for further replies.