• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yet another idea for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This is how i think invisibility/stealth should work in WoW:

In the game Total Annihalition, invisible units had a minimum detection range; enemy units outside this range could not detect them, but enemies withing range could. Invisibility in WoW should work in a similar way. The Rouge's Stealth ability would render it invisible, but it could still be detected by units close enough to it. The Invisibility spell (I forget who has this ability) should work like this; when the character is standing still, it can be detected at a small range, depending on the level of the spell (smaller with higher levels) and when moving, the detection range increases. As the character moves, the spell becomes more unstable and will eventually break. Standing still, it becomes stable again.

I think, if done this way, stealth and invisibility will be much more interesting and not unballanced like they seem to be right now. Please tell me what you think of this idea and post you ideas for anything about WoW.

Level 11
I didn't realize that about the Rogue. In that case, it is probably best to leave Stealth the way it is. But Invisibility should have a range like I described. What they really nead is partial detection, where you can see that someone is there but not know who it is (Starcraft had this, sort of. invisible units made a ripple effect, and other players cound see that something was there, but not be able to target it or tell what player it belonged to).

Will Blizzard actually consider my ideas if I e-mail them? I suppose there's only one way to find out.

By the way, please check out my post called "Another idea for WoW" with the sun glasses happy face icon. That idea is much better than anything else I have thought of!

Level 11
All the contact information there seemed to be for tech support. I want to tell Blizzard my idea! If you are a beta tester for WoW, look at this idea AND my other idea under "Another Idea for WoW". If you like either of my ideas, PLEASE TELL BLIZZARD!!!

P.S. Why has nobody replied to my other topic?!?! My other idea is found here:http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=5832

Status
Not open for further replies.