• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another idea for WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Here is another idea for WoW:
:idea:
The Cooking skill and the First Aid skill are very simmilar in what they do; restoring hit points. I have an idea that would make them more distinct.

When a character is damaged enough, they will get "Wounded" debuffs, such as a bruised knee or a broken arm. These debuffs would do different things, such as reduce movement speed or reduce attack speed, and vary between different degrees of severity. You could have wound debuffs even when you have full hit points. Wound debuffs would last a ceratin amount of time, reducing in severity over time. Eating food (from Cooking) would restore hit points, but not do anything about the wound debuffs. But bandages (from First Aid) would reduce the duration/ severity of the debuffs by a huge amount, but provide less hit point gain. Healing spells, I suppose, would also remove or reduce the severity of wound debuffs.

Please tell me what you think of this, and be sure to post you ideas about WoW.

By the way, is there any way I could tell Blizzard my idea?!

Level 9
So, everytime you get hit you get a negative wound buff?
I dont like the idea because you will have to waste alot of food or bandages on every person if you are in a group. I think there should be a 4% chance for u to get that negative buff

BTW why post ideas for WOW here blizzard doesnt read these threads, you should post this at www.worldofwarcraft.com forums...

Level 3
Not really I use cooking for Tendor Wolf Steaks, they're easy to get, easy to make, cheap to make, and give you a nice chunk of bonus HP for awhile.

Level 12
ChevronSeven said:
Here is another idea for WoW:
:idea:
The Cooking skill and the First Aid skill are very simmilar in what they do; restoring hit points. I have an idea that would make them more distinct.

When a character is damaged enough, they will get "Wounded" debuffs, such as a bruised knee or a broken arm. These debuffs would do different things, such as reduce movement speed or reduce attack speed, and vary between different degrees of severity. You could have wound debuffs even when you have full hit points. Wound debuffs would last a ceratin amount of time, reducing in severity over time. Eating food (from Cooking) would restore hit points, but not do anything about the wound debuffs. But bandages (from First Aid) would reduce the duration/ severity of the debuffs by a huge amount, but provide less hit point gain. Healing spells, I suppose, would also remove or reduce the severity of wound debuffs.

Please tell me what you think of this, and be sure to post you ideas about WoW.

By the way, is there any way I could tell Blizzard my idea?!

*sigh* I always find it a problem that everything should be realistic.

Once more, why is not having half of your HP not like having bones broken? I mean it's part of endurance. When your down to 0, you're dead. Or at half HP, you're like bleeding as it is.

In other words, should it be so realistic that you can't play because outdoor PvPers are hunting you and you don't have time to restore conditions. Warriors pull off bleeding. Rogues stun you like having your bones broken. Warlocks can curse you to lose certain stats.

And sorry to break you down on making opinions, but truly you can't even send suggestions to Blizzard. It's just falls on deaf ears when you try posting in the forums.

Whatever your case is to have this idea around, I don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.