• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detect/Sneak Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi Everyone,

First off - thank you for taking the time to read my request, regardless of wether or not you help with the request described below.

Secondly, what I'd like to request is, I think, relatively simple, and not someone to actually create this for me. I simply need help.

I'm looking to create a "system" (in GUI) to detect when an invisible unit walks in front of a specific unit type, but I need some help/inspiration on how to achieve this.

What I imagine is the following:

If the sneaking unit walks in front of a specific type of unit (say, a guard unit), then every second there's a X% chance of the guard detecting the sneaking unit. Different guard types could have different detect %-tages, and the sneaking unit could have items to counter the detection %-tage.

So to summarize:
  • "Sneak" is basically the Wind Walk ability
  • Sneaking Unit walks in front of Specific Unit Type = Chance to get detected every second
  • Sneaking Unit can lower detect percentage of detection units with specific items
  • Sneaking Unit can't re-stealth when enemies are within X range.
  • There will only ever be 1 hero with the sneak/stealth ability on the map
Any help creating this is appreciated.

~Saken

Last edited:
Level 1
Forgive the double post, but would it be possible for a Moderator to move this thread from the request sub, and into the World Editor Help Zone?
Thank you in advance (also, please delete this post regardless if it is moved).

Status
Not open for further replies.