• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

XZife ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here it is in the works, XZife ORPG.
Created by (Duh) Me
Without a doubt this is still in the Alpha stage, DEEEP Alpha.

FEATURES
========
This map will include 3 races, and 10 heroes. (Pickable heroes depend on race) It also include A LOT of items, weapons, and armor. It has minigames for those time when you don't feel like ORPGing, that can still reward you with XP, items or just a few laughs.

OBJECTIVE
========
The objective of this map is to raise your hero to level 50, quest through end-game (I just like to call it that) And kill Gnazzram.

Gnazzram is the god of suffering, he is corrupting the world with fel magicks, and raising tainted versions of the planet's once peaceful creatures. The corruption has only recently begun to spread, and many areas are still unaffected.

As you raise your hero to level 50, you will have to save/load your hero many times (similar to WoW I guess) and there is a lot of content that I believe will make this game worthwhile to be replayed.

For example, there is a level 30 5 man instance in the starting zone with (what i hope will be) some very nice boss fights.
Here are some screenies of the Furytide Naga Ruins.
Screenshots in order from top to bottom.
1: A screenshot of the instance portal leading to the Furytide Ruins.
2: Myrmidon Syress guarding the Altar of Blood.
3: The hydra Gahz'ragesh awaits an opponent...
4: Serravore, the Corrupt stands ready for action.
5: Overlord Najentus and Queen Furytide sit atop the ruins.
6: The vicious puppy Buster Brown stands in the center of the Stone Circle
7: A small encampment of Furytide Skeletons
8: A Tidewatcher Giant stares out to sea...
XZife ORPG 1.jpgXZife ORPG 2.jpgXZife ORPG 3.jpgXZife ORPG 4.jpgXZife ORPG 5.jpg
XZife ORPG 6.jpgXZife ORPG 7.jpgXZife ORPG 8.jpg
More is on the way. Feedback appreciated!

Last edited:
Level 11
The terraining looks good. However this section of the forum is mostly to show off a complete or beta stage map, try to remember that in future posts/threads.

Level 8
The nagas in the screenies are part of an instance called The Furystorm Ruins.
It's a lvl 30 instance that you can come back to the starting area to do, i thought it would be cool to give higher lvl players a reason to come to the lower lvl areas.
As for what you will be playing as, you get to select a hero at the beginning of the game. You can pick from one of 3 races (like gnoll, blood elf, and orc) I haven't decided what the races will be yet, those are just examples. But depending on the race you chose, you will be able to pick from one of 10 classes, like for examples if i decide to put blood elves as a playable race i might make their playable classes, Magi, Monk, Summoner, Necromancer, Arcanist,etc. Since i know that blood elves are heavy on magic. So there will be 10 playable classes, and each race will have a fraction of the classes to choose from.

Level 8
Of course! Hold on a second, ill get my sheet of instance ideas (lengthy pause....................................)
Planned Instances
==============
Lvls 10-20: You will first be able to do instances at level 10, starting with a human based instance that will be sort of like a prison (aka the Stockades from WoW) this is planned to be a small instance with 3-4 bosses.

Another instance around lvl 16 will be an instance with sort of a "mad scientist" theme. There will be a good bit of torture tables and hopefully
a few things that may give someone a scare while going through there, (for example at one point, a woman will run past you and scream, then she will be followed by an abomination and slaughtered) - confirmed

A small lvl 20 3-man instance will be a satyr instance with 2 bosses. This instance (like the lvl 30 naga instance) will not have a map of its own, but will instead be included in another lvling zone of the orpg.

Lvls 21-30: A Wizard based instance in the dalaran instance will be a small 96 x 96 independent map with 4 bosses max.

Around lvl 24, you will be able to start at outdoor instance called the Voidheart Forest. This is a corrupted forests where the archdruids came to learn the most advanced forms of shapeshifting. Now, with Gnazzram's corruption spreading through it, the druids of the forest have began to learn twisted shapeshift abilities. I wont go into any more detail with this now, 6 bosses max. - confirmed

Since the Voidheart Forest will keep you busy for a while, the next instance won't be available until level 30. Any guesses? Its the naga instance from the screenshots! It has a medium 5 bosses, 3 of them optional. - confirmed

Lvl 31-40: Yet another outdoor instance, the Skittering Wood. This is a deadly trap of breeding spiders, raging furbolgs, and plotting nerubians. - confirmed

These are all my planned instances so far, if anybody has instances they would like to see included in the game, please, feel free to submit your ideas, if i like them, you might see it in the game and your name in the credits!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.