• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thc orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
THCORPGlogo1.jpg

Once again the earth is at a conflict, the old alliances are once again at full strength and fueled by hatred! The horde is once again on a rampage to spill the blood of all those loyal to the alliance. The time to strike is now you must take arms up against your opposing faction to win superiority.

THC ORPG will consist of many maps(right now all the melee stages will be created into one of these maps) to simulate a struggle all over Azeroth. Each map will include a quest for each faction, the goal is to achieve it before the enemy does. A save/load system will be included to allow players to load there hero into any THC ORPG map. This map was created to have a AoS feel with the ability to save and load and gain better gear.

Features:

-Your Hero is either Alliance or Horde (depending on the type of hero)
-5 v 5
-Choose from over 20 hero's (more will be added before release)
-Lots and lots of items for your hero and tons of items to create (Lots of Item combinations)
-Custom and Normal WC3 Units
-Hero AI (play alone if you like)
-PvP Battle Grounds & Normal Melee Games that the melee player summons your hero.
-save/-load function

Progress:
Units: 80- 90%
Items: 25- 33%
Triggers: 75%
Total Map Files(atm):1

1.THC ORPG - Stromguarde (updated coming soon)
- Footman(Modified)/Riflemen(Modified) & Grunt/Troll Head Hunters Waves
- Alliance must destroy Horde Fortress to the east and Horde must destroy Alliance Castle in Stromguarde
- Less Leaks
- Some Hero AI abilities will be triggered (maybe if I get ambitious)
- More Balancing done to wave units & Towers

If you would like more specific information on THC ORPG visit mappers.freeforums.org(some screen shots are available there). I am still recruiting for this project if you are interested pm me or visit this thread.

Last edited:
Level 8
<3 Paint drawn joints

huge overhaul, I will not use all regular custom Warcraft 3 units, due to balancing issues. I have decided to use waves instead of letting the melee AI use its own unit groups.

I have created a map that uses the waves which works out better than the melee AI anyway. But I don't want balancing like Dota creeps, it will be balancing by groups not by the unit so.

Ex:

Human- Footman + Riflemen = 10 ubr(unit balancing ratio)

Orc- Grunt + Troll Headhunter = 10 ubr

Footman = 4 ubr
Riflemen = 6 ubr

Grunt = 5 ubr
Troll Headhunter = 5 ubr

This will allow me to make levels differ in difficulties for one faction or another thus making this an easier game to understand. I will release the version with waves after I balance and remove a "large" amount of the leaks.

Level 8
I was under the impression that an ORPG, means Online (Role Playing Game)?

Note* I don't want this thread to turn into an off topic discussion on whether or not this is an RPG or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.