• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curse of Darkness ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Curse of Darkness ORPG

This is a map project, i started some time ago. Im doing great with the terrain, its nearly done and the creeps too.
But im leaking at Triggering.

Map Size: 160 x 96 (Probaly will get increased with time.)
Number of Players: 4, mabye 6 later.
Tileset: Dalaran Ruins/Barrens

Storyline (Not so detailed):
The adventure begins somewhere, in the middle of nowhere. In a little orc camp, some new heroes begins their journey. The camp is surrounded by enemies, and the inhabits cannot leave. The new heroes has to help them by defeating the undead.
Theese undeads are brainless, with means they dont know, that if they attacked the camp, they would win easily.
Now, its up to the newcommens to destroy them.

The theme of the allies is Orc, wich means the heroes also should be like orc.

Instances

Currently, theres 4 Instances:
The Corrupted Cathedral
A cathedral, corrupted by the undead.
Canyon of the Floods
The cave of some wierd nagas.
The Dark Fortress
The undead's headquater.
The Eternal Realm
Mystical area, totaly unknown.

Heroes and Abilities

I need an theme for the abilities. For example: you start with some stat based abilities, and then getting talents in higher levels.
^Im think, im gonna use that one.

I also need some ideas for heroes.

Quests and Triggering

Im bad at triggering, and even worse at creating quests. I have ideas for the first quests, though.
I could need some help with this.

Items

Theres going to be between 100 and 150 items.
Color Codes:
White: Normal
Blue: Uncommon
Green: Set
Purple: Forged
Orange: Epic

Terrain
As said, i got pretty long with the terrain. Its not the best, but i think it still would be avaible to get 3-4 on the rating list.

Screenies:
As you can see, some of the screenshots uses custom tiles. Im going to give credits, dont worry.
Screenie1.jpg Screenie2.jpg Screenie3.jpg Screenie4.jpg Screenie5.jpg Screenie6.jpg Screenie7.jpg
(The last one isnt finished)

Feedback, questions and ideas is all welcome!

Last edited:
Level 10
I think the name is the same as mine u just edited the tales.

Darkness is a common theme in titles, search epicwars for 'darkness' and bout 60-80 maps will come up. Saying he edited your name is silly, it's like me saying you just edited the 'id' in 'tides of darkness'.... which, if you didn't already know, is the subtitle for Warcraft 2.

----------------------------------------------------

Could be interesting, normally light vs dark is represented by human vs undead, so to have it themed around orcs as the light side could make for an interesting storyline.

ORPG's don't have to be 256x256, it just helps to have a large size to separate the areas, create space between players if necessary and gives the opportunity to add a little more variety to terrain. That being said, if you can fit alot of interesting content into a smaller area (content like quests, mobs, terrain variation etc) then a larger size is not necessary.

good luck

Level 10
Well... I got some areas theres large, but many of the areas will have increased size with time.
good luck

{Moderator-Merged}
Bump

Bumpin again... Doesn't anyone has some ideas for heroes?
(Not like Fighter, hunter etc. But some more original? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Awesome... looks pretty good... better than the one im working on atm... lol i suck to much with the editor... i need so much help!

Level 7
Names :Gravehunter? Corpsebane? Lord of a Thousand Fluffy Deaths? Actually you can't take that one, it's mine!

How about the Undefiled! A orc that was cursed with undeath, yet still struggles for the good orky peoples!
Powerful Mage Hunter (anti-mage), and moderately tough melee, cos he be deaden.

Brazen Spirit? Well, that's sounds more like an ability.

Here's a quicky suggestion:

Name: Called One(/Earthen Warrior/just Earthen, though I think that's something to do with dwarves.)

A warrior who has been called to serve the elements of the land, the power of Earth infuses this warrior to defend and protect it from the defilement and corruption of the undead. Gifts the warrior with powerful abilities that are particularly effective against the dead.

Type: Melee/Caster?

I don't know if you wanted any ability suggestions, but it's probably easier for you to come up with their names.

Anyway, I'm just here to check my messages, but your post caught my eye as it was on top of list. :D

Cya!

Level 10
Awesome... looks pretty good... better than the one im working on atm... lol i suck to much with the editor... i need so much help!

Wow. I've been working with WE for 3 or 4 years... it was about a year ago i found hiveworkshop :D

@Alakon: Lord of a Thousand Fluffy Deaths Is exactely a pretty lol'd name.
Good Hero Idea. Brazen Spirit sounds nice, but whats its uses?
I've also been thinking about Earth, since it actually my favorite element.
And hey, thanks for the ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.