• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Cathedral ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ðårk Çå†hêÐrål ÖRþG

Dark Cathedral ORPG (originally named Abyssal Dungeon RPG) is a WC3 map I have been working on for about 2 months. I have worked on and off at it, and I finally decided to settle down and seriously work. I've decided that I cant do it all alone! :)D) Anyway, heres a short outline for the map itself. (Scroll down to thee bottom to see what I need for the map.)

Dark Cathedral is an ORPG in which you start out in a village called Jund. Before you can leave Jund, you must go talk to the Paladin Hero to the East (left) side of the village. After walking in front of the Paladin you will get a quest and you the gates will break, letting you outside. But, oh no! There are bandits right outside the gates! Lure them into the town to let the militia help kill them, or take them by yourself. After destroying the bandit barracks, all players will receive gold. You then proceed to try and get to the coast, encountering Kobolds and other various creatures on the way. After you reach the coasts you walk near the boats and you will be transported to the City. After this point, you pave your way through history!

Later I will post detailed information about the heroes.

Obviously this map is subject to change. Right now, I must say this map is quite horrible. And believe me, it will change. Please, feel free to post any suggestions you have for the map.

I need a decent terrainer, a triggerer to help with more complicated things, and maybe a modeler (Probably not) and a person who can make heroes.
(If you want, you can post suggestions for the name, primary stat, and base ideas for the abilities in the thread. Or, you can post a really detailed summary of a hero you want. All proper credit will be provided accordingly.)

Attachments

• DarkCathedralOPRG.w3x
    3.8 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Level 25
I only looked on it for a quckie in the World Editor, kind out of time atm :)
But things you should try to fix:
Terrain, it's very bland. Look at other maps to see how it was done.
But most important: Unless you want this to be played over LAN, you should fix those leaks, check this tool: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/leak-check-1-3-a-62951/

Also, with CRTL + Right click you can change you camera angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.