• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2 Map Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I know what some may be thinking "not another WW2 map plz.."

but ive played quite a few WW2 maps and most are bugged or not fun or incomplete.

Id like to get a team of about 1-4 people.

Spots we will need:
Terrainer, Triggerer, Tester/helper.
Terrainer must be able to create Europe. Triggerer must be good with variable type stuff, and beginner/intermediate triggers. The tester/helper needs to have knowledge in all parts of map making.

I will be doing Units and combat type stuff i

-Vision-
  • Fun Original Fair Gameplay, Ive played probably every alternate melee type game and i know what makes these games fun and i know what makes them boring.
  • A WW2 Timeline, Specific events in history will effect gameplay, like for example 1939 - Britain, France, Australia declare war on Germany. So all those countries would get extra gold or lumber at that time in the game.
  • Epic Size Map
  • Custom Models from hiveworkshop :)
  • Every Country has its own bonus, like germany units have better attack, japan can create air units 5% faster, USA units has increased health, Russia can train infantry faster... that kinda stuff.
  • Capturable Cities/Capitols
  • Income system.

anyone interested send me a pm

thanks for reading

post comments on what u think.

Level 9
A WW2 Timeline, Specific events in history will effect gameplay, like for example 1939 - Britain, France, Australia declare war on Germany. So all those countries would get extra gold or lumber at that time in the game.

I don't understand one thing. Are you going to force those players to declare war, or are they just going to get extra gold and lumber? Because if you're going to force it, then that isn't really fair, seeing as how one of the players may not want to go to war yet.

Level 4
I don't understand one thing. Are you going to force those players to declare war, or are they just going to get extra gold and lumber? Because if you're going to force it, then that isn't really fair, seeing as how one of the players may not want to go to war yet.

yes there forced, they would have had like 5+ minutes to prepare.

Level 9
yes there forced, they would have had like 5+ minutes to prepare.

So are you going to have the game based on key events? Because this would mean that Germany would eventually lose the war, since there are a few key points in the East and Western front that turned the tide. Tbh, I think that's kinda dumb. The player should be able to choose what he wants to do. If France doesn't want to go to war with Germany, then don't let them.

Level 31
What you mention at the vision, I have seen it at some of the WW2 map. Perhaps you could elaborate more custom feature you are planning to add.

So are you going to have the game based on key events? Because this would mean that Germany would eventually lose the war, seeing as how there are a few key points in the East and Western front. Tbh, I think that's kinda dumb. The player should be able to choose what he wants to do. If France doesn't want to go to war with Germany, then don't let them.

I agree about it, considering that this map was following the real history.

Level 4
So are you going to have the game based on key events? Because this would mean that Germany would eventually lose the war

the time line will stop in 1944 before Germany is defeated. then players become free to ally and unally anyone. so same WW2 story, different ending every time.

however years will continue to go by, and when the year is 1950 you may start a space program.

Level 7
What i hate in ww2 games based for historical accuarcy is it's not always fun, I say set it up and it play out on its own.

Level 4
alot of you guys aren't to enthusiastic... perhaps ill make 2 modes that players can vote for, 1 being historic campaign mode and the other being normal mode.

i still need a terrainer!

Level 9
the time line will stop in 1944 before Germany is defeated. then players become free to ally and unally anyone. so same WW2 story, different ending every time.

however years will continue to go by, and when the year is 1950 you may start a space program.

Germany was extremely weak and on the run by 1944. Why not end the time line at 1943, the year the Battle of Stalingrad was fought and the 6th Army was destroyed? This would give Germany the chance to win the battle, and continue advancing. Plus, Germany still had it's hold on Africa and West Europe. I'm not trying to bring your idea down, I'm just pointing out the flaws. I've played games where the maker forces you to do things, and it isn't fun.

alot of you guys aren't to enthusiastic... perhaps ill make 2 modes that players can vote for, 1 being historic campaign mode and the other being normal mode.

That might be a good idea.

Level 21
IMO normal mode is retarded. I mean, switching allies every 5 seconds is the most idiot concept I've ever seen in a world-war map. World wars aren't started for fun, they're started because of polarising opinions leading to extremism. Extremists don't switch teams when they like it.

I vote for mode 3: free choice of allies, but locked once made. No stupid idiot backstabbing when your opponents are defeated, just cause you can.

Level 8
I vote for Simple Clean pre-made ally teams. They are effective and historically correct. Plus, once you got that, you don't have to worry about which noob not to ally and getting backstabbed. It's a classic, original, but simple system.

About the map, I love your visions, I expect a great map if it's done.

Level 4
IM STILL IN NEED OF TEAM, all spots available.. im doing it for history credit in highschool. so it would be nice if some peeps could help.

What i hate in ww2 games based for historical accuarcy is it's not always fun, I say set it up and it play out on its own.

what happens in games where theres no pre-teams is that it usualy ends up with 5vs1 then 4vs1, then 3vs1, then 2vs1.... it has that pattern to it, everyone gangs up on the unsuspecting person, or the weakest. with pre teams this doesnt happen.

Level 9
IM STILL IN NEED OF TEAM, all spots available.. im doing it for history credit in highschool. so it would be nice if some peeps could help.

what happens in games where theres no pre-teams is that it usualy ends up with 5vs1 then 4vs1, then 3vs1, then 2vs1.... it has that pattern to it, everyone gangs up on the unsuspecting person, or the weakest. with pre teams this doesnt happen.

Germany fought 3 countries at once, and it turned out...bad, yeah, but they held 'em off for a bit :D

The best thing I see is just have everyone unallied at the start, and once someone allies with someone, disable the unally trigger/button so they can't unally the player. This would prevent any backstabbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.